• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

See here: Samuri's ISO Guide

That is the method he's following. Essentially rip an ISO with AnyDVD disabled, and when mounting it enable AnyDVD for the mounted virtual drive be it Daemon Tools or VCD 5.3.0.0 beta.

thanks

will try that also (although i don't have the same problem with 7.3...)

thanks

will try that also (although i don't have the same problem with 7.3...)

Well, by doing it with that method, you get an image as close to the original as possible. It doesn't get "molested" (LOL) by AnyDVD until you mount it, so, if there are any bugs that crop up, you just update AnyDVD when they fix it and you're good to go. No messing with re-ripping and all that nonsense. So, I consider it the best method personally.

I am confused regarding clonecd / anydnd hd - before / after etc...

Did you just tried a ''simple'' rip with anydvdhd (no clone cd) and then iso convert (imgburn or nero) and then daemon tools mounting?

Or simply making iso from ''net rips''? This does not work for me.

I also tried burning a bd rw disc but i got the same results (black screen).

Everything (iso)is working fine with 7,3 installed in the same xp installation.

If I understand the process correctly, ripping with AnyDVD HD enabled modifies the files so you may not be able to use them successfully at a later date if an error is fixed in AnyDVD HD (unless you want pull out the original disc and do it all over again).

I haven't seen any increase in file size if you rip without AnyDVD HD enabled so there doesn't seem to be any penalty for doing so. The penalty for doing it your way, which was my old way, is that it takes twice as long. It's a PITA to go back and re-rip everything done the old way but I want to abandon 3319a and use PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 and 8 instead.

I know that James is going to pounce on me for saying this, but I regret sticking with PowerDVD 3319a as long as I did because of his advice.

I haven't yet tested without enabling AnyDVD HD first, but if Samuri says it works I believe him.

IMHO, the PS3ers have been right all along by doing the rips the way they do them.

i get it

i tried but no luck

my problem is that all my br iso's (mainly 'from the net' - i didn't check so far from my br discs) are working fine with 7.3 but i get a black screen in 8!

So obviously there is something ''changed'' in 8...

Did you manage to get to play a br iso made from a ''downloaded'' movie in ''folder'' fromat?

I haven't yet tested without enabling AnyDVD HD first, but if Samuri says it works I believe him.

IMHO, the PS3ers have been right all along by doing the rips the way they do them.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) And that's EXACTLY where my method originated. The only way I could rip BD's originally was with SAK on my PS3. I was too damn lazy to rip another ISO from the mounted image so I said screw it and left it protected. And when I got my LG drive I decided to keep ripping with no AnyDVD because it was working fine and I liked the idea of having an image as close to the original as possible. Then when Hitman came out and it was decided that those that ripped with an older version of AnyDVD would have to rip again anyway, well, my method was vindicated and I decided to share it with everyone. But yea, it was born from having to use my PS3 originally to make protected ISOs.

Stick with V7 until V8 is at least 2 updates into the program. Its not that different.

i get it

i tried but no luck

my problem is that all my br iso's (mainly 'from the net' - i didn't check so far from my br discs) are working fine with 7.3 but i get a black screen in 8!

Did you manage to get to play a br iso made from a ''downloaded'' movie in ''folder'' fromat?

I don't know of any service where you can purchase downloaded Blu Ray movies (folder or ISO) so I am going to assume that you don't own these downloaded rips.

Well, the short of it is that we don't look to kindly on such things. AnyDVD HD is meant to protect fair use rights. If you are ripping/burning stuff that you haven't purchased then that's not fair use, that's stealing.

I'm in no position to give you a warning, but one may follow shortly.

i get it

Since it's a changing universe, you need to control the rips (not download them) because when you do so you don't know for sure who created them and what method they used.

Also, by doing so, you're possibly opening up your PC to trojans and viruses.

I know very well what fair use means and by owning about 100 br / hd dvd discs i don't have to be warned.

My point is technical and I just used this example in order to show that there is something changed in 8 not allowing playback of the same br iso's that are working fine in 7.

I am just trying to figure this out.

I will try ripping again the same movies from my original discs but I doubt that this will make any difference as i cannot get even 1 br iso to work in 8 (while all of them work in 7.3).

I suspect that there is something else wrong and not the iso creating procedure.

I will try ripping again the same movies from my original discs but I doubt that this will make any difference as i cannot get even 1 br iso to work in 8 (while all of them work in 7.3).

Use the latest AnyDVD HD beta 6.4.0.6. I haven't found any problems with it so far and the ISOs I've created do work in PowerDVD 8.

Maybe you have something else installed that's interfering with the playback or Cyberlink could have possibly implemented some new countermeasures against older rips in version 8. Since I don't have any older ISOs I can't test the countermeasure theory.

Also, don't forget to use Daemon Tools or the beta version of Virtual CloneDrive to mount the ISO before trying to play it.

P.S. - None of this information is relevant if you're using the PowerDVD 8 beta.

i am using anydvd hd 6406, pdvd 8 ultra and daemon tools 4.12.2

i found out that a br iso i just made from a br disc with anydvd hd and imgburn works fine in 8.

i suspect that there is something wrong with pvdv 8 and older iso's (although these are playing fine in 7.3)

how do you know it is playing full dtsma?:rock:

In information readout for Hairspray, PDVD7 said "DTS-HD 5.1", PDVD8 now says "DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1", regardless whether you have PDVD set to 6 or 8 speakers. I've done some A/B comparisons, and although I'm only using X-Fi to Z-5300 speakers (which are great for what they are), there is definitely a difference with Hairspray, there is slightly more depth to the sound now with PDVD8. I'm pretty sure it isn't a placebo effect, I went back and forth a few times in the same scene.

With Fox titles I'm not so sure... I can't seem to make out much difference between 7 and 8 in how it sounds... also PDVD8 does the same thing as PDVD7 just as Fox titles start to play... before the lossless bitrate starts, the bitrate stays fixed at 1560kbps for about 1.5 seconds after the Fox logo just as the movie starts. The possible explanations I see are... either PDVD8 still only outputs core DTS for 5.1 tracks (which is unlikely), or PDVD7 actually did decode MA for 5.1 tracks (probably unlikely too), or that it means nothing and that is normal. What do standalone players which decode MA internally do? In their bitrate readout do they do the same thing?

i am using anydvd hd 6406, pdvd 8 ultra and daemon tools 4.12.2

i found out that a br iso i just made from a br disc with anydvd hd and imgburn works fine in 8.

i suspect that there is something wrong with pvdv 8 and older iso's (although these are playing fine in 7.3)

Yea,
I just got PDVD8 and tried mounting two isos I made a couple days ago using DT Lite, it won't work, PDVD8 thinks they're files and goes to 'file mode' then fails to play them.

Lame.

Sam

Yea,
I just got PDVD8 and tried mounting two isos I made a couple days ago using DT Lite, it won't work, PDVD8 thinks they're files and goes to 'file mode' then fails to play them.

Lame.

Sam

What version of AnyDVD HD did you use? Also, which movies don't work?

I dont know what you guys are doing, but i cant play bluray movies at all with power DVD v8.0 ultra.

just says unsuppoted format in drive I ect...

this is with anyDVD enabled or disabled :(

my resident evil 3 doesnt work arghhhhh
------------------------

When i try the same movie in power dvd 7.3 ultra though the movie plays but the menu is static LOL i cant click anything on the menu, the motion video plays but i cant click play....

very strange software
who writes this stuff, killer clowns.

----------------------------------

Update, Never mind i require the ultra v8.0 to playback bluray dvds :(

but does anyone have any idea why my 7.3 ultra doesnt play my bluray disks correctly..

resident evil 3 plays fine then when at the menu the motion video will play but the menus and stuff are static, i cant click on them

the same happens on a bd movie i have called
surfs up
aswell as open season.

Last edited:
In information readout for Hairspray, PDVD7 said "DTS-HD 5.1", PDVD8 now says "DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1", regardless whether you have PDVD set to 6 or 8 speakers. I've done some A/B comparisons, and although I'm only using X-Fi to Z-5300 speakers (which are great for what they are), there is definitely a difference with Hairspray, there is slightly more depth to the sound now with PDVD8. I'm pretty sure it isn't a placebo effect, I went back and forth a few times in the same scene.

With Fox titles I'm not so sure... I can't seem to make out much difference between 7 and 8 in how it sounds... also PDVD8 does the same thing as PDVD7 just as Fox titles start to play... before the lossless bitrate starts, the bitrate stays fixed at 1560kbps for about 1.5 seconds after the Fox logo just as the movie starts. The possible explanations I see are... either PDVD8 still only outputs core DTS for 5.1 tracks (which is unlikely), or PDVD7 actually did decode MA for 5.1 tracks (probably unlikely too), or that it means nothing and that is normal. What do standalone players which decode MA internally do? In their bitrate readout do they do the same thing?

I don't think you can trust that much that info window. While I don't think there would be an audible difference especially with those speakers, I won't argue against that (I've annoyed enough people enough times with my skepticism I guess), and instead will say that an easier way to check this out is if it's actually outputting 7.1 audio. Just disable DPLIIx or other 6.1/7.1 expanders you may have and let it play at 7.1 and put your ears in front of your rear speakers. The "core" DTS is only 5.1.

I don't think you can trust that much that info window. While I don't think there would be an audible difference especially with those speakers, I won't argue against that (I've annoyed enough people enough times with my skepticism I guess), and instead will say that an easier way to check this out is if it's actually outputting 7.1 audio. Just disable DPLIIx or other 6.1/7.1 expanders you may have and let it play at 7.1 and put your ears in front of your rear speakers. The "core" DTS is only 5.1.

Unfortunately due to my speakers being only 5.1 I can't do that, as I can't just change plugs to get the side channels when audio settings are 7.1 in X-fi options.

People with 7.1 setups, do you get all 7.1 channels now from 7.1 MA tracks?

I have been using Nero's Showtime with BluRay/HD-DVD plugin for a while now and since version 6.4.0.4. of AnyDVD HD came out I have no issues playing any movie i have ripped to HDD.

I have been using Nero's Showtime with BluRay/HD-DVD plugin for a while now and since version 6.4.0.4. of AnyDVD HD came out I have no issues playing any movie i have ripped to HDD.

SAME HERE - now if I could ONLY STREAM the
ripped HD file to my PS3 - I would be a happy camper.

Unfortunately due to my speakers being only 5.1 I can't do that, as I can't just change plugs to get the side channels when audio settings are 7.1 in X-fi options.

People with 7.1 setups, do you get all 7.1 channels now from 7.1 MA tracks?

UNfortunately I don't have a BR with DTS-HD MA 7.1, all I know are "only" 5.1.
But even without TrueTheatre enabled it gives 5.1 out as 7.1.

Only 7.1 DTS-HD DIsc I have is a HD-DVD from HErbert Grönemeyer.
I'm now trying to mux it togehter with any Video stream to a BR and playback it with PDVD8.

EDIT:
So, now I authored a new Blu-Ray, Video from Resident Evil Extinction with DTS-HD MA 7.1 Audio from the Herbert Grönemeyer HD-DVD.
ANd what should I tell you?

IT PLAYS BACK TRUE DTS-HD MA 7.1, :rock::rock::rock:

without TrueTheatre mode enabled it gives a complete and true DTS-HD MA 7.1 signal.
Still in 16/48 but at an amazing sound, I'm really shocked how good that sounds!

Last edited:
Back