• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

In the information window on the top right of PDVD8 it now shows DTS-HD Master Audio, but its still down-converting to at least 48kHz, no clue about the bits however because my soundcard doesnt give me that info.

I find it really hard to believe, that these morons are still not able to send real HD-Audio to the soundcard, what a bunch of assholes, sry.

If only Arcsoft would have a better picture quality....

I'm really glad I stopped buying new hardware and software shortly after its release a long time ago, lol.

All in all, this sounds like quite a debacle. Are they actively trying to discourage people from adopting HD?

First Creative, now this? What's so difficult about providing loyal customers with a competently programmed piece of software, with a decent array of features and proper technical support? Slysoft manages to do it better than any other company I've encountered, and they're nowhere near the size of these other companies, with their huge resources.

Please, Slysoft, make your own media player so I can feel justified in buying a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD combo reader for my computer, lol. It's obvious that it'll take an eternity for Cyberlink or Intervideo to release decent products.

Last edited:
=

- no HD-DVD support, its true, they must be a complete bunch of idiots at CL
- no real HD-Audio Support, played Queen Live DTS 24/96 Track, my sound card only shows 48kHz (again, idiots...)
- no change in the configuration menu, no nothing, simply the same as Ultra 7
- Only change i can see so far is the GUI

I strongly recommend you NOT to buy the upgrade!

I'll UPGRADE when the New Version WORKS :D
Thanks for being a BETA Tester for us. PLEASE
Let us know when they FIX their problems.

I'll UPGRADE when the New Version WORKS :D
Thanks for being a BETA Tester for us. PLEASE
Let us know when they FIX their problems.

I'll do my best :)

I did compare Version 7 now with version 8 on Queen Live and I must admit, there IS a change in sound quality, 8 sounds remarkably better, even a lot!

Nevertheless, the soundcard only shows 48kHz. So this looks like they really now support the whole DTS-HD MS Signal but still downconvert it to 48 kHz.
At least one step forward.

In the About window it now also showas a 8 channel decode capability, whereas 7 only showed 6.

Wow, this has really changed my mind on upgrading. I'm going to rush out and upgrade right now! Oh wait, no, I'm not. :D What a joke.

Wow, this has really changed my mind on upgrading. I'm going to rush out and upgrade right now! Oh wait, no, I'm not. :D What a joke.

It is interesting on the Cyberlink Website they have
a feature comparison chart between 8 and all the
other versions ---- Except 7 Ultra. I wonder if that is
because nothing is really new??????:bang:

I think one of the most telling aspects of this upgrade is on Cyberlink's web site. :agree:

They have a nice chart that compares versions, and shows which version does what.

If you look at it twice, you will realize that it compares various versions of PowerDVD 7 and PowerDVD 8, including PowerDVD Ultra 8 - but it does not include PowerDVD Ultra 7! :disagree:

Why? :confused:

Perhaps because the difference between PDU7 and PDU8 are far, far too few and far between to justify the change in version number?

Anyone get the impression that this should have been PowerDVD Ultra 7.5, not 8?

Maybe they are cash strapped and needed to generate some cash flow..... :bang:

It is interesting on the Cyberlink Website they have
a feature comparison chart between 8 and all the
other versions ---- Except 7 Ultra. I wonder if that is
because nothing is really new??????:bang:

I noticed that, too. I thought it rather odd that they'd not compare the two Ultra versions when they see fit to charge 60 bucks for the upgrade. What does that 60 bucks get me? Not a hell of a lot IMO. So, no, I'm not going to throw money away.

So is anyone else getting the Internal Error problem? No Blu-ray disc will play here.

Last edited:
trial worth anything

Does the trial version give you a good feel for what the new version can do
________
EBONYHUNNYX

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT:

All my movies (including remuxes) work fine. Interestingly, when I try ATU without AnyDVD it asks to update a component before playing, confirms it has, but will not play. Its an ISO ripped without using AnyDVD.

No errors. Blu Ray plays fine. I tried the following:

Harry Potter (Phoenix)
M. Clayton
Superbad
Across the Universe

However, ATU does not work. Same issue. Menus dont work. Cant play the movie.

I tried all with and without anydvd.

Ill do more extensive testing tonight.

Last edited:
Across The Universe. Same old *BS* as the previous 3 builds that were supposed to fix the problem. If that's still broken in this release, they are the most incompetant MORONS I've ever seen.

Did I get you right?
You can play a .m2ts-file from harddisc with Nero 8?
Until now I thought Powerdvd Ultra is the only software to do so...

Back