• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

Now Cyberstink's support page is down so I can't submit a ticket.

What a PITA!

Does anyone have their support phone number? I'm not going to pay $29.95 to get it.

Or rather, everything is down except the front page. I've tried the Powerdvd page, and the rest of them, but it ends up with a blank page in Opera.

Enough refreshes and you might be lucky enough to get a page.

That link is slower than death. :)

Works nicely with download accelerators. If you're using Firefox, it should work fine with the DownThemAll extension. I used Flashget though. I don't even know why I downloaded it though, cause I'm not installing trial bloatware in my precious HTPC, but who knows.

Works nicely with download accelerators. If you're using Firefox, it should work fine with the DownThemAll extension. I used Flashget though. I don't even know why I downloaded it though, cause I'm not installing trial bloatware in my precious HTPC, but who knows.

It doesn't really matter to me how fast it downloads tbh. I'm at work at the moment, so, the best I can do is throw it on my laptop which I may do. Definitely not ready to buy it yet though. I just don't believe there's enough new value to warrant it for me. We'll see how well they decide to support 7.3...

Now the Cyberlink site works, BUT PowerDVD 8 of any kind is nowhere to be found..
Everything is reverted to PDVD7.

This company is a complete joke...

They are even not able to unregister members.
I got my money refunded several months ago but still am able to use all latest PDVD Versions with the old serial key...

PS: Arcsoft Total Media Theatre is 50 % off today!!!

50% off!! They could just be trying to drum up some quick sales, but that sounds like a fire sale to me. I wouldn't buy it. That'll probably be the last version you'll ever see.

There had to be a reason why Vidabox decided not to go with Arcsoft.

All just speculation however.

PS: Arcsoft Total Media Theatre is 50 % off today!!!
The 50% off deal is on all Arcsoft products available from their eStore, and is valid until Apr 6/08.

You enter code "Fool08" (without the quotes, of course) to get the discount at checkout.

As for PowerDVD Ultra 8 - without some idea of what improvements there are, I fail to see the reason to upgrade. PDU 7 is now working very well, thanks to AnyDVD HD.

Plus, without HD-DVD support, I am not sure I would want it at all. I fail to see the advantage of an upgrade when it renders many of my purchased movies unwatchable! Given that a PC is basically format agnostic, releasing software the creates such an artificial limitations sucks dead bunnies.

HD-DVD titles are still being released. People are still buying them. Not a lot, and not for long, but it is far too soon, to be cutting off a major part of your buying public.

Given the way so much of the Cyberlink web site is missing any info on V8, I think somebody at that company has screwed up.

They issue a release notice before they were ready, as far as I can see. Even the upgrade is from V7 to V7! Imagine, they want $50US to upgrade to the same version!!!

Duh! :bang:

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, eh?

Given the way so much of the Cyberlink web site is missing any info on V8, I think somebody at that company has screwed up.

They issue a release notice before they were ready, as far as I can see. Even the upgrade is from V7 to V7! Imagine, they want $50US to upgrade to the same version!!!

Duh! :bang:

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, eh?

It will be interesting to see what they do now since they already let me purchase it. The download file is definitely PowerDVD8 Ultra.

50% off!! They could just be trying to drum up some quick sales, but that sounds like a fire sale to me. I wouldn't buy it. That'll probably be the last version you'll ever see.

I don't agree with the fire sale idea.
Full HD-Audio was it worth for me to spend only 34 Euro here in Germany =)
Only downside is the video quality with hardware accel enabled, it loses resolution with my NVIDIA 8600 GTS, latest WHQL Drivers. TMT fails the resolution test on my test HD-DVD so far...

They did have the info on 8 but they have taken it down. Probably that was what the downtime on their servers a while ago was all about.

FYI, I am on the phone with tech support and he can not find a record of my purchase this morning (using both my email and order number). I sent him the confirm email from element 5. I am waiting for him to get it and then we will see...

FYI, he said to me (when i said i ordered version 8), "that is not being released until tomorrow. how did you order it?"

LOL, always an adventure when dealing with CL

Oh boy. Your not gonna like this...

He finally admitted to me that this was an error this morning and that Cyberlink took down all links to version 8 because they have decided NOT to allow upgrades from version 7 to version 8 (only full retail purchases). I said this back to him to confirm. He again said, yes, this was an error and is currently being discussed how to handle the people who were allowed to purchase upgrades this morning. He says he needs a screenshot of the error message i am receiving before he can "address" my issue. I am heading home now to do this and I will see what results....

Stay tuned. I feel like this can not be right...

Oh boy. Your not gonna like this...

He finally admitted to me that this was an error this morning and that Cyberlink took down all links to version 8 because they have decided NOT to allow upgrades from version 7 to version 8 (only full retail purchases). I said this back to him to confirm. He again said, yes, this was an error and is currently being discussed how to handle the people who were allowed to purchase upgrades this morning. He says he needs a screenshot of the error message i am receiving before he can "address" my issue. I am heading home now to do this and I will see what results....

Stay tuned. I feel like this can not be right...

There's no way they can back out of the sales they let through unless they want to get a lot of bad press over it. From what I've been reading, I'm guessing that they screwed up the full version price for PowerDVD8 Ultra as well.

At least they're letting it coexist with 7.3 because I'm not going to give up my HD DVD collection, especially when I bought HD DVD discs instead of blu-ray when the choice was available.

Please post the Cyberlink support number someone.

It is that kind of milking of the legitimate customers that drive us to look for hacked software.

Good luck.

I think the ArcSoft 50% off sale is their response to the PowerDVD8 release.

Has anyone gotten TotalMedia Theater to run on Vista 64?

Welp sent them my screenshot and spoke with my rep. He said they will let me know the "situation" by the end of tonight or by tomorrow..

Crap!

FYI, Support number is 888-226-6030

FYII, usually you need a support number for phone support ($30 charge). However, if you choose option 3 (more info) and then choose option 9, you will eventually reach a support rep. When they ask for your number, explain this is a "customer support" issue and not tech support and tell them about the activation problem. They should then help you determine the problem.

Oh, and I think they just April-fooled you.

Seems like this is the worst April fools joke I've ever seen... funny how PDVD8 is no longer on their site... PDVD8 is the joke :rolleyes:

Back