• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

Welp sent them my screenshot and spoke with my rep. He said they will let me know the "situation" by the end of tonight or by tomorrow..

Crap!

FYI, Support number is 888-226-6030

FYII, usually you need a support number for phone support ($30 charge). However, if you choose option 3 (more info) and then choose option 9, you will eventually reach a support rep. When they ask for your number, explain this is a "customer support" issue and not tech support and tell them about the activation problem. They should then help you determine the problem.

Thx for the info!:rock::bowdown::rock::bowdown:

I've admittedly been busy this evening so I just now got to read through all this. Rather than go on a long tirade like I usually do, I'm only going to say that if an upgrade price is not available, they will easily lose me as a customer. RAPING your consumers is not ok. For the PATHETIC amount of features they're introducing in version 8 vs what's in version 7, there is no way in hell I am going to purchase version 8 at retail price. And that's all I'm going to say on this. Absolute BS.

I've admittedly been busy this evening so I just now got to read through all this. Rather than go on a long tirade like I usually do, I'm only going to say that if an upgrade price is not available, they will easily lose me as a customer. RAPING your consumers is not ok. For the PATHETIC amount of features they're introducing in version 8 vs what's in version 7, there is no way in hell I am going to purchase version 8 at retail price. And that's all I'm going to say on this. Absolute BS.

Now tell me how you really feel. ;)

I thought Ultra did have HD-DVD Support

According to this article dated 3/24/08, PowerDVD Ultra should have HD audio and HD-DVD support. Did something change in the last 10 days?

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2008/03/24/cyberlink_powerdvd_8_and_media_show_4/1

The third paragraph says "There's also an Ultra version available at a later date with full bitrate HD audio support, DTS 5.1 (why is this Ultra only?) and it's also the only version with HD DVD support."

-Z

Yes, a lot changed. That article has been shown to be a bunch of nonsense. DTS-MA is theoretically there, but, until someone can activate it we won't know for sure. But there are some things that the article appears to be wrong on. We'll know more soon I think.

So when/where did CL say no HD-DVD?

Thanks,

-Z

I had read that rumor on their own forum quite a few weeks ago, but, no one believed it at the time and even James and I both agreed it'd be completely stupid to do so. At this point, we have absolutely NO idea if it's REALLY in there or not, but, given what the website said before it was pulled, it doesn't seem to be in there. Monumentally STUPID move. There's no good reason to pull that functionality. So far, I'm SERIOUSLY not impressed with how this is going down.

The problem is that that they'll stop releasing patches to solve problems that come up with PowerDVD7.

They'll offer an upgrade as soon as new sales flop.

I'm glad I got the upgrade this morning so I can turn the screw in their direction, for a change, if they refuse to honor my purchase.

Last edited:
Good luck. And if they stop supporting 7, well, that'll definitely push me in the direction of a competetor. As soon one is, you know, available. This sucks. For everyone.

Good luck. And if they stop supporting 7, well, that'll definitely push me in the direction of a competetor. As soon one is, you know, available. This sucks. For everyone.

BTW, like you, I'm using Vista. I'm moving to Vista 64 because of the memory limitations of 32 so I can't use TotalMedia Theater and I too can't get Nero to work right either.

I've been able to get PowerDVD7 Ultra to work on a G35 motherboard using the onboard graphics. Nero Showtime w/HD plug-in plays the files I've tested but only in monochrome with ghost flashes of amber while playing.

I purchased the PowerDVD8 Ultra upgrade only because it's currently the most capable player and it's essential to my business interests.

So what about us poor people that purchased it when it was first up? My CD-key has been stripped from my member page, now it only says 8.0 trial, I hope Cyberlink either send us a new key, or a new download link, or something... :bang:

PDVD8 is up again.. With upgrades..

Looks like they made the right decision after their goof-up.

FYI, from the main page, go to the online store and click on the upgrade selection and you'll see that it's the same offer that was there before.

If anyone is successful using the upgrade option, please let those of us who bought it and didn't get a working key know if it works now.

So what about us poor people that purchased it when it was first up? My CD-key has been stripped from my member page, now it only says 8.0 trial, I hope Cyberlink either send us a new key, or a new download link, or something... :bang:

Just entered a new CybleLink support request for a working key. I'll let you know if/when they respond.

Just tried again to activate, and it WORKS!! Phew...

But.. I can't seem to play any Blu-ray movies from disc... it just says 'Internal Error'... jeezus... :bang:

SHort report on Ultra 8:

I ordered my upgrade from 7 Ultra to 8 ultra online at eStore of CL.
Costs 59,95 $, which means for me only 38 Euro. Activation worked like it should. Let me make it short:
THIS IS A STEP BACK FROM ULTRA 7!

Why?

- no HD-DVD support, its true, they must be a complete bunch of idiots at CL
- no real HD-Audio Support, played Queen Live DTS 24/96 Track, my sound card only shows 48kHz (again, idiots...)
- no change in the configuration menu, no nothing, simply the same as Ultra 7
- Only change i can see so far is the GUI

I strongly recommend you NOT to buy the upgrade!

Is it possible to use "movie remix" feature to display different subtitles on blu-ray discs? That would be a big plus...

Back