• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question (part of) Resolved - Possible new audio stream on Amz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, is there any way to differentiate between these audio streams in AnyStream because dialogue boost sounds awful IMO! :sick:

I just watched an episode of Jack Ryan that I grabbed using AnyStream without realising I had selected a dialogue boosted audio track and it honestly sounds terrible. Sure, dialogue is left untouched but anything else, especially gunfire or explosions have no power to their sound. It's also quite jarring because one second the sound can be loud and the next it will be soft because the characters went from talking to fighting.

Can you tell me the episode you are taliking about? I checked S1E1 again and can't see the entries anymore. In fact, there is no hint to any additional stuff.

But thanks for the post, there is another issue I never posted, Will do so tomorrow.

I have 4 options for 640k DD+ 5.1 English, including S1E1:

jack-ryan.png

Considering the quality increases as the list goes down I mistakenly thought the last option in the list is the best one to select. I am now realising that was a terrible mistake to make and I should've just stuck to the first option. At least I assume that is the standard non-boosted track? It sure would help if AnyStream could label these different tracks to make selecting the right one easier.

They are all the same. Every one. It's just picked up from a different region by the scanner.

for 640k DD+ 5.1 English
Oh, I only checked for german. Not sure if I also initially only checked for english or if they disappeared. Anyway, I can see them as well. That proves nothing has changed and the devs still need to take a look.

It's also quite jarring because one second the sound can be loud and the next it will be soft because the characters went from talking to fighting.
This is how every movie is made, when there are loud sounds they are loud, and when they talk it is softer. Would you like all the sound in a film to even? That would make for a lousy film.

Ok then you thought about it in a way I never would or just phrased it in a way I don't get.

Either way, the devs still need to take a look. It is like that for multiple releases now.
Duplicates mean the same. Double or triple or quadruple of the same audio stream. Only one is in French, one is in English etc.

Totally unnecessary. ;) and no not the same language, the same audio stream.

You have to explain that one to me. Why on earth should it be unnecessary to label or sort things that are otherwise named the same so no one knows what he is downloading there?
You are downloading the correct audio stream for the movie you chose, that's all you need to know.

for the movie you chose
No one ever said the audio track is from a different movie. But as you can see in both the first and the third comment, there are now three additional versions that AS labels the same because they are technically the same language and same quality, but still different versions (edited). So in the dropdown, you now get four choices for 640kbps for example. Same for 224 etc.
Now tell me again, why should it be unncessary to label them as they should be, so everyone knows if they download the original stream or one of the three new edited streams?
By that logic, AS wouldn't need to differentiate between normal and descriptive audio and between normal and forced subs as well, just throw them together and label them "english".

This is how every movie is made, when there are loud sounds they are loud, and when they talk it is softer. Would you like all the sound in a film to even? That would make for a lousy film.

I know that. Which is precisely why I am posting here. Amazon's Dialogue Boost was applied to the audio that AnyStream downloaded. Instead of loud sounds being loud, they are now soft and sound like 💩 and only dialogue is left loud. This sounds very weird during action scenes because gunshots will sound very soft. I don't know how better to explain it other than to record the following example:

As you can hear with normal audio the gunshot is loud, but with dialogue boost applied it immediately softens the audio just before the gunshot happens. That is what I meant by jarring how the sound cuts quite abruptly between soft and loud.

You're right, but there is a way to "differentiate them" as you can see in the image, you just need to implement it in AnyStream, I wouldn't use it, but surely someone would prefer these "new audios".

View attachment 71690

So it is a possible manipulated audio track that differs from the original? I would not want any part of the dialog to be boosted. I guess the term "Night Mode" would be out of the question.

It also has alot to do with what type of sound system you are watching and listening to the video on. If you have a subwoofer that can adjust to sound you can do that. I have a concert, or a movie mode or a theatrical mode, or an action mode, all of which will change the sounds in a film. TVs today come with sound bars to change the so8unds to your liking. Amazon doesn't do that, they play the stream that the movie was made in.

Netflix calls their "Atmos" labeled mix as Spatial. I doubt it is Atmos, but it is a higher bitrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back