• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

old lifetime member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Old Customer here, I bought the entire thing even with Game Jackal back in the days. 20% good enough. It's already a huge thank you, for you guys taking the risk for this to continue. BTW can I install this on multiple computers? but I rip only on 1.
Two computers only one running @ a time I believe as it used to be.:)

I've owned my license over 16 years and am very disappointed in redfox. I don't understand some of the outlandish analogies, my favorite is the one about buying the car, that is ridiculous. When you buy out a business you honor previous contracts, that's just the right thing to do, good business sense and a good way to show you care about the customer. If someone bought out the dealership that I bought my car from and if I had a service contract the new dealership would honor that contract (that's more like it ;)). I WILL not be renewing, not for a measly 20% discount, if redfox does this then what else are they going to do? There are many other options out there.

I've owned my license over 16 years and am very disappointed in redfox. I don't understand some of the outlandish analogies, my favorite is the one about buying the car, that is ridiculous. When you buy out a business you honor previous contracts, that's just the right thing to do, good business sense and a good way to show you care about the customer. If someone bought out the dealership that I bought my car from and if I had a service contract the new dealership would honor that contract (that's more like it ;)). I WILL not be renewing, not for a measly 20% discount, if redfox does this then what else are they going to do? There are many other options out there.
Sorry to hear this, but if you should change your mind that measly 20% discount will there for a few until July 24th.

Impossible. AnyDVD was only released on 3rd July 2003. It isn't even 13 years old yet.
And RedFox hasn't bought out anybody either.
OK so 13 years then, what ever. If they didn't buy them out then how did they get the software and usage rights etc.? Are you saying that redfox is a 100% stand alone company that figured this out on there own and then shanghaied my slysoft account?

As stated in a post in a different topic, when slysoft got shut down the staff was owed back pay for a large number of staff and a few months. Rather than paying out, the slysoft owner signed over the brand name 'Anydvd HD'. They have every legal right to use it but redfox is not a company. It's a closed source project, but 100% separate from slysoft.

All of which the search could have told you. They didn't Shanghai your license either. You got updates for the lifetime of slysoft, slysoft is dead so no more updates. If anydvd and redfox is to survive, they need funding to pay the bills. You can't eat software code.

Thank you from a fellow supporter because you,me, and everyone else who has already purchased or will purchase NEW RedFox license's are the life's blood of this project and what will allow us to continue doing what we need to do with this product for hopefully many many Moon's.

Thank you for supporting the New Redfox project!!(y)(y)

Welcome to the crew, KainA. I had a feeling you wanted to be a part of this very special project. And if you ever need me, I will be here for you.

Thank you all for the warm Welcome. RedFox is right, I love Projects like this. And I hope, there will be nice RedFox T-Shirts in the near future ;)

Or a John or Jim. Maybe even a Paul, but my guess would be Phil or Philip. Not sure though because we don't use are names on here or at least you shouldn't anyway

This is "Silly Post Day", right?

'Cause your previous posts were coherent and sensible...then some Bozo gets his weird on and you join in...
So I can assume this is just like "Talk Like A Pirate Day" , only it's posting nonsense on Redfox?

Sigh...the kids today...

OK so 13 years then, what ever. If they didn't buy them out then how did they get the software and usage rights etc.? Are you saying that redfox is a 100% stand alone company that figured this out on there own and then shanghaied my slysoft account?
RedFox is not a company. It is a closed source project. Big difference. No one shanghaied your Slysoft. It went out of business. The developers were owed money in pay so in lieu of pay they took the name AnyDVDHD. The rest they had in their heads. You got what you paid for, the last Slysoft version was 7.6.9.0 and to be completely fair RedFox put out 7.6.9.5 so you could enjoy 150,000 discs. That was the last Slysoft version.

RedFox is not a company. It is a closed source project. Big difference. No one shanghaied your Slysoft. It went out of business. The developers were owed money in pay so in lieu of pay they took the name AnyDVDHD. The rest they had in their heads. You got what you paid for, the last Slysoft version was 7.6.9.0 and to be completely fair RedFox put out 7.6.9.5 so you could enjoy 150,000 discs. That was the last Slysoft version.
And a very kind gesture I might add as it fixed some NEW disc's and re-connected us to an OPD which is what allows those BD+ and screenpass disc's we have to work properly.

Okay, I've read enough posts by people complaining about having to pay again and have not found the answer I was looking for so I will give this a try. I am an old lifetime member who has ANYDVD along with the CloneDVD, CloneCD, and CloneDVD Mobile. I understand that ANYDVD is now ANYDVD HD and I need to buy a new license for it. What about the other three? Does my lifetime upgrade continue with CloneDVD, CD and Mobile or do I need to repurchase those licenses as well. I'm confused because it looks like the current version of those are the same as the version I am using. It seems to me the only thing I'd need to do is purchase Clone BR if I chose to start doing Blu Rays since I'd be upgrading to ANYDVD HD and have that capability. Although with all the Cinavia issues I've read about with Blu Rays I'm not sure that I want to venture down that road. Does this sound correct? The package deals look nice but I don't want to spend money that I don't need to just to get the better deal for the one, maybe two items that I actually need.

Guess you didn't read enough then. Elby products (clonedvd in your case) are not affected. Elby didn't get shut down. Clonecd has no scheduled update planned that would trigger there need for a redfox license. Clonedvd mobile however does have a major encoding engine update scheduled, that update MAY LIKELY trigger the need for a redfox license but no official confirmation on that one. The only thing that right now NEEDS a redfox license is anydvd.

Just joined to 'chip in' - yes I will be buying new Red Fox licence(s).
The work has been excellent since, to my knowledge, and original SlySoft LTL(s) of all the products, November 2005.
There's just one thing I'm wondering about before I do take the plunge ...
I'm wondering where to post it ...

p.s. Hmm, am I 'old' at 63 y.o.a. ? I thought this topic might include me ;>)

Last edited:
You mean your an old f@rt like me? No, age doesn't apply for discounts.

Okay, I've read enough posts by people complaining about having to pay again and have not found the answer I was looking for so I will give this a try. I am an old lifetime member who has ANYDVD along with the CloneDVD, CloneCD, and CloneDVD Mobile. I understand that ANYDVD is now ANYDVD HD and I need to buy a new license for it. What about the other three? Does my lifetime upgrade continue with CloneDVD, CD and Mobile or do I need to repurchase those licenses as well. I'm confused because it looks like the current version of those are the same as the version I am using. It seems to me the only thing I'd need to do is purchase Clone BR if I chose to start doing Blu Rays since I'd be upgrading to ANYDVD HD and have that capability. Although with all the Cinavia issues I've read about with Blu Rays I'm not sure that I want to venture down that road. Does this sound correct? The package deals look nice but I don't want to spend money that I don't need to just to get the better deal for the one, maybe two items that I actually need.
Like ch3vy said CloneDVD2 is not affected at all SLYSOFT was only a reseller of that product for elby. Now as far as what is needed well right NOW all you need to purchase is a RedFox AnyDVDHD license but they are offering a 20% discount along with a bundling discount of up to 20% for purchasing all three that is stackable which means you can use both consecutively (back to back) and not concurrently. That makes the price of all three together comparable to just the AnyDVDHD alone without a discount. That will also put you down for any future updates and upgrades to either CD or Mobile by RedFox if and when they happen. It would also help support this project a little more too. There's also a discount for using bitcoin to purchase if that's something you can use. I hope this information is helpful to you and hope RedFox will have your support too. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask .

If legal harassment is what killed SlySoft, what will prevent the same thing from happening to Red Fox?

I plan to buy a new lifetime license when I can scrape the necessary cash together, but that concern has been sticking in my mind for a while, and I haven't seen it addressed in the threads I've been going through.

The only way to know that is to look back in 10 years or so, like Slysoft, and see if they are still open for biz...

Do you relate to the character Chef in "Apocalypse Now" whose motto was "NEVER GET OUT OF THE BOAT!" ?
LOL!

Has Red Fox taken any measures to protect themselves from what killed SlySoft? Have they moved the company or done anything else that will prevent another lawsuit from immediately shutting them down?

Has Red Fox taken any measures to protect themselves from what killed SlySoft? Have they moved the company or done anything else that will prevent another lawsuit from immediately shutting them down?
Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back