• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What a misunderstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, thank you. I don't disagree with any of that. I think a lot of the bitching would have stopped if they hadn't just taken over the software but had started over, even if using the same code. Easier to not look at software and say a LTL still applies if it is different software.
The LTL has fulfilled its purpose of updates for the lifetime of SLYSOFT AnyDVDHD . No more SLYSOFT to give updates to you but thankfully now we have RedFox to take its place and all that's required is to support the project and purchase a license for RedFox AnyDVDHD and you will get updates based on the amount of time your license is valid for ;
1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs, or the lifetime of RedFox that choice is yours.

The LTL has fulfilled its purpose of updates for the lifetime of SLYSOFT AnyDVDHD . No more SLYSOFT to give updates to you but thankfully now we have RedFox to take its place and all that's required is to support the project and purchase a license for RedFox AnyDVDHD and you will get updates based on the amount of time your license is valid for ;
1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs, or the lifetime of RedFox that choice is yours.

What you just said is mostly true. This, however, is the type of response that drives anyone who doesn't agree with it nuts. When you say it that way, you're belittling every other part of the discussion. We have Redfox to give updates for the same software they developed as Slysoft. Giving to the same users they had as Slysoft. That is why it feels off and why I said they should have recreated the project instead of just taking it over. Would feel less dishonest and would allow people like you, spouting the same onesided message, to be taken a little easier.

The fact is and I have repeated it many times, if RedFox had not stepped in you would have nothing. The RedFox Project was created from scratch. From the minds of the developers. So I ask you, would you rather have nothing ? Or a chance to buy the RedFox projects offering. You can use your AnyDVDHD 7.6.9.5 for lifetime. Or you can buy a new license. Its that easy. I am stumped why there is so much controversy.

The fact is and I have repeated it many times, if RedFox had not stepped in you would have nothing. The RedFox Project was created from scratch. From the minds of the developers. So I ask you, would you rather have nothing ? Or a chance to buy the RedFox projects offering. You can use your AnyDVDHD 7.6.9.5 for lifetime. Or you can buy a new license. Its that easy. I am stumped why there is so much controversy.

Nothing, easy. It is what I have. It is the perceived attitude of uncaring from the devs and disrespect towards anyone who didn't jump on the bandwagon immediately by the fanboys/girls. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It eliminates trust. The arguments have been stated, I guess. I was just trying to get the entire story because I didn't get your side, even after reading everything I could. I am stumped as to why someone can't see why people have a problem.

The one thing you said that I take issue with. "The RedFox Project was created from scratch." Then it isn't based on the Slysoft software? It didn't use the same software and upgrade paths that already existed to get the product out? That, right there, is the basis for so much anger in this issue. You can't even see that you're saying you created something brand new, but used an existing software path to do it. Not exactly a kosher statement. Feel free to not reply. This was my last attempt to understand. Just not worth caring about anymore. Good luck. Wont be long until the sights are turned to you.

I agree, seems a easy choice. Get the new software or dont. I will be on the train, if i get my CC to let me buy a ticket for the ride. I have no concern if i have to get off at the first stop or the end of the line.....

Nothing, easy. It is what I have. It is the perceived attitude of uncaring from the devs and disrespect towards anyone who didn't jump on the bandwagon immediately by the fanboys/girls. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It eliminates trust. The arguments have been stated, I guess. I was just trying to get the entire story because I didn't get your side, even after reading everything I could. I am stumped as to why someone can't see why people have a problem.

The one thing you said that I take issue with. "The RedFox Project was created from scratch." Then it isn't based on the Slysoft software? It didn't use the same software and upgrade paths that already existed to get the product out? That, right there, is the basis for so much anger in this issue. You can't even see that you're saying you created something brand new, but used an existing software path to do it. Not exactly a kosher statement. Feel free to not reply. This was my last attempt to understand. Just not worth caring about anymore. Good luck. Wont be long until the sights are turned to you.
You are so misinformed its embarrassing. How can you take something thats in someones mind and say they cant use it. You have what you paid for. Up until the devs got to version 7.6.9.0 you have it. And you can keep it for your lifetime. They didnt get paid after that. They were nice enough to create V7.6.9.5 so you could it for 150,000 discs for the rest of your life. You just do not get updates. Thats it. No more. Either they would go out of business and you have nothing or you buy into the new project. Its your choice. I hope you join us. Thank you and I hope you enjoy V 7.6.9.5. Feel free not to reply.

I agree, RedFox 1, and I want to add this comment to the discussion: If no one from Fengtao or MakeMKV takes on the Ultra HD Blu-ray (UHD) format, then nobody (IMO) will be able to back up those UHD Blu-ray discs. The only one that can usually crack these new protection schemes first has always been Slysoft/RedFox, not MakeMKV, and certainly not Fengtao.

The first one to crack Blu-ray/BD+/obfuscation/Cinavia was Slysoft. With the new RedFox project, and with enough time and money, the RedFox people can uncover the riddle of UHD Blu-ray. If people are mad because they have to re-purchase an AnyDVD HD license, look at the alternative: no way to properly back up your Blu-ray discs, to say nothing of the latest DVD encryption schemes.

You can use AnyDVD HD version 7.6.9.5 for all time if you have a Slysoft AnyDVD lifetime license. However, note that newer Blu-ray discs and DVDs will need a newer license.

I find it funny that people come on here to complain and moan about the changes when Fengtao is infamous for the nickel and dime job they do to all their customers for all their products. Just go on their webpage and look at the total cost of buying all their stuff compared to RedFox. It is night and day. I used to use Fengtao for a while, before I noticed how much they charged for their stuff, and stopped buying their products about 7 years ago. I haven't looked back at their stuff since.

So, at the end of the day, do anyone that had a Slysoft license want RedFox to continue, or have the programmers go do other things (they are that talented) with their time?

Thank you for reading my observations and opinion.

Additional info: I just went to the Fengtao website and just for fun, decided to see how much it would cost to purchase all their available software, with the lifetime option.

My total price: $651.50 USD!!! (With a coupon, it is lower, but not by much. It went down to $521.20 USD.) Earlier, I fooled around with the website and took other stuff out and added other programs and ended up having to pay over $1,000 for their stuff.

Unreal!! And people have the audacity to come on here and complain about the prices for RedFox/elby!!!

At least here, you can go on the Third Party Forum and hear about other software. I seriously doubt that Fengtao will tell you that a lot of their software can be had for a cheaper price, or even be free.

Last edited:
I agree, RedFox 1, and I want to add this comment to the discussion: If no one from Fengtao or MakeMKV takes on the Ultra HD Blu-ray (UHD) format, then nobody (IMO) will be able to back up those UHD Blu-ray discs. The only one that can usually crack these new protection schemes first has always been Slysoft/RedFox, not MakeMKV, and certainly not Fengtao.
The first one to crack Blu-ray/BD+/obfuscation/Cinavia was Slysoft. With the new RedFox project, and with enough time and money, the RedFox people can uncover the riddle of UHD Blu-ray. If people are mad because they have to re-purchase an AnyDVD HD license, look at the alternative: no way to properly back up your Blu-ray discs, to say nothing of the latest DVD encryption schemes.
You can use AnyDVD HD version 7.6.9.5 for all time if you have a Slysoft AnyDVD lifetime license. However, note that newer Blu-ray discs and DVDs will need a newer license.
I find it funny that people come on here to complain and moan about the changes when Fengtao is infamous for the nickel and dime job they do to all their customers for all their products. Just go on their webpage and look at the total cost of buying all their stuff compared to RedFox. It is night and day. I used to use Fengtao for a while, before I noticed how much they charged for their stuff, and stopped buying their products about 7 years ago. I haven't looked back at their stuff since.
So, at the end of the day, do anyone that had a Slysoft license want RedFox to continue, or have the programmers go do other things (they are that talented) with their time?
Additional info: I just went to the Fengtao website and just for fun, decided to see how much it would cost to purchase all their available software, with the lifetime option.
My total price: $651.50 USD!!! (With a coupon, it is lower, but not by much. It went down to $ 521.20 USD.) Earlier, I fooled around with the website and took other stuff out and added other programs and ended up having to pay over $1,000 for their stuff.
Unreal!! And people have the audacity to come on here and complain about the prices for RedFox/elby!!!
At least here, you can go on the Third Party Forum and here about other software. I seriously doubt that Fengtao will tell you that a lot of their software can be had for a cheaper price, or even be free.
Both of these are good valid reasons but I think some are wanting Freebees for life and fail to understand RedFox didn't cause the demise of Slysoft. RedFox is not the defunct/dead Slysoft - but they are still grabbing for straws. That is what they are seeing and interpreting regardless of the Facts that is shown and told of. That's what I also found on Fengtao site as well the sticker shocker for the prices even with discounts I was flabbergast - I wish I had that money to pull out where the sun don't shine but I also have commitments that needs $$ as well. But as RedFox1 says they can buy or use the old one without updates or OPD access and sooner or later they will come up again the Protection and have to make a life change or not. But then again they will have to live with their choice.

Last comment from me about your choice of software. You should relize the powers that shut down slysoft did not do it blind. They most likely used slysoft anydvd hd to see exactly how it worked. They did not have to reverse engineer it. When they recongnized how good the product was, who do you think they went after. They never shut down software that is not a threat to them. By the way, im guessing they used clonebd to burn the backup. I picture the bosses in a meeting room inserting a bluray backup and asking the top exces, guess if its real or a backup. After the vote, they called legal. And here we are, fussing. Really?????

For those just coming in that missed this - I'll link it again.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/dvd-...shuts-down-surrounded-by-mystery-500990.shtml

-W
Another (german) article with some more "details": http://www.heise.de/ct/ausgabe/2016-9-Hintergruende-zum-Ende-von-SlySoft-3169841.html
Nach c’t vorliegenden Informationen ist selbst den Entwicklern nicht klar, was der wirkliche Auslöser für die SlySoft-Schließung war. Anders als vermutet soll nicht ein Brief der für den Blu-ray-Kopierschutz verantwortlichen AACS LA an die US International Trade Commission dazu geführt haben. Darin hatte die AACS LA im Zuge der Einführung der Ultra HD Blu-ray gebeten, Antigua & Barbuda auf die Copyright Priority Watch List zu setzen.

Stattdessen soll das US Department of Justice direkten Druck auf die antiguanische Regierung und Banken ausgeübt haben, die komplett abhängig von den USA seien. Demnach stand ein Verbot im Raum, das amerikanischen Geldinstituten untersagen sollte, als Korrespondenzbanken für die antiguanischen Banken zu fungieren. Letzteres ist für Auslandsüberweisungen und sonstige Auslandsgeschäfte der Banken nötig.

Gut unterrichteten Kreisen zufolge sei SlySoft Inc. von Amts wegen ohne Ankündigung aus dem Handelsregister des Landes gelöscht, dem Firmenchef Giancarlo Bettini mit Auslieferung gedroht, sämtliche Bankkonten eingefroren und konfisziert worden. Offizielle Begründungen gab es angeblich nicht. Bettini habe daraufhin angewiesen, alle Server abzuschalten und sei abgetaucht.

Maybe some staff member could finally shed some light on what's correct in that article.

To anyone investigating any and all of the above links. The facts of the matter are pretty clear.
As the Myce article notes - the AACS LA has had a real "boner" for Slysoft for a good while.
(I guess they don't conside Fungtooie and his Blue Monkey a serious threat. :p )
Apparently frustrated with the delays using the legal process in Antigua, the AACS LA got the US State Dept to "put the arm" on Antigua by adding (or threatening to add?) it to the copyright priority watch list.
This was enough pressure to cause Antigua to force the immediate shutdown of all Slysoft related activity. (lest Antigua be black-balled)
The former owner of Slysoft (G.B.) "got out while he still could" - leaving the staff owed a few months back-pay. (largely because his funds were destroyed by the legal fight)
Thus, our Devs swung a deal to be able to use the product names in lieu of their back pay. And "The Redfox Project" was soon born.
The Redfox Project had the names - but no MONEY to proceed. That's where we come in. All we are doing by contributing "again" (as some say) for new licenses (lifetime or otherwise) is effectively "crowd-funding" our Devs to be able to do "the voodoo that they doodoo". ie make the best damn decryption tools on the planet. Without our funding AnyDVD would simply have "gone away" quietly.
Simple enough?
-W

Last edited:
There's one that has minutes from the AACS-LA meetings and it is some good information and very enlightening. Also made me want to support RedFox even more when I read that awhile back and so glad I have , do , and will. LOL

To anyone investigating any and all of the above links. The facts of the matter are pretty clear.
As the Myce article notes - the AACS LA has had a real "boner" for Slysoft for a good while.
(I guess they don't conside Fungtooie and his Blue Monkey a serious threat. :p )
Apparently frustrated with the delays using the legal process in Antigua, the AACS LA got the US State Dept to "put the arm" on Antigua by adding (or threatening to add?) it to the copyright priority watch list.
This was enough pressure to cause Antigua to force the immediate shutdown of all Slysoft related activity. (lest Antigua be black-balled)
The former owner of Slysoft (G.B.) "got out while he still could" - leaving the staff owed a few months back-pay. (largely because his funds were destroyed by the legal fight)
Thus, our Devs swung a deal to be able to use the product names in lieu of their back pay. And "The Redfox Project" was soon born.
The Redfox Project had the names - but no MONEY to proceed. That's where we come in. All we are doing by contributing "again" (as some say) for new licenses (lifetime or otherwise) is effectively "crowd-funding" our Devs to be able to do "the voodoo that they doodoo". ie make the best damn decryption tools on the planet. Without our funding AnyDVD would simply have "gone away" quietly.
Simple enough?
-W
Very well put clams . All I could possibly add is to ask the person reading this right now;
Have you done your part in supporting this project.

Simple enough?
-W
I think that was far to simple those still wanting to complain will not want to read it instead will read what they want to read and reinterpret it to match what they think they read.

It's also so sad to see the POWER these CORPORATION'S have over the US govt . And just think people in America want a hot headed , big banks and corporation driven greed machine as the next P.O.T.U.S. too.
Sorry had to say it.

No other company has the expertise to crack the new UHD format and my guess is the monkey outfit will have to wait until Redfox does before that can sell anything they are just a bunch of pirates IMHO:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back