• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*OFFICIAL* Avatar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Why can't someone use an hd capture card and record the file in real time via component or something similar? Isn't this possible?

I don't understand why someone hasn't thought of this yet?!

edit:

well I guess hdmi would be better, but that's digital. would this still screw with protection?

also, I mean going from a home bd player to a capture card on computer.

is the reason that the quality would suffer? stuttering and such?

surely a quadcore badass rig would suffice, no?

I'm out of the loop with gadgetry, so maybe I'm just a moron, but when friend presented problem, this seemed to make sense to me.

Last edited:
I am having a similar problem with Avatar (see attached logfile)

Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RED_BIRD_2D_WW
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16
Using BDPHash.bin 10-04-14
Failed to remove BD+, Error 668!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.5_Info_E_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    240.4 KB · Views: 12
Or, why not just record it off PPV? I mean how is this helpful?? This is an AnyDVD forum, not a "how to capture the most popular movie" forum. :rolleyes: Your "brilliant" solution is done all the time. You are not even close to the first person to think of it. But, for those of us who want to watch our original discs without annoyance, we're simply waiting for AnyDVD to get updated.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :rolleyes: You come in here with your BRILLIANT idea of how to copy a movie that has *NOTHING AT ALL TO DO* with the forum you're posting on and cop an attitude when you're told as much? Yea, good luck with that.

Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16

Jimbo... you want the AnyDVD-HD forum for Blu-Ray disks.
This forum is for regular DVD's.

-W

Hey Sammy?
When you're done chasing Einsteins out of here, could you run over to the AnyDVD-SD forum and pick up a stray?
Seems you have a brand new wizard that just posted in there with a Blu-Ray issue. :D

-W

SIGH. I'll go take care of it. I avoid the SD forum for a reason you know. :)

Hey guys. Why can't someone use an hd capture card and record the file in real time via component or something similar? Isn't this possible?

I don't understand why someone hasn't thought of this yet?!

edit:

well I guess hdmi would be better, but that's digital. would this still screw with protection?

also, I mean going from a home bd player to a capture card on computer.

is the reason that the quality would suffer? stuttering and such?

surely a quadcore badass rig would suffice, no?

I'm out of the loop with gadgetry, so maybe I'm just a moron, but when friend presented problem, this seemed to make sense to me.

You know, I think the submissions for the next season of Shark Tank are opening up soon. You might have something with this.

Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16

I've moved your post to the appropriate forum. Welcome to the 1-2 week wait for AnyDVD to get updated. Enjoy!

According to this site, the US version of Avatar is region-free--even though the package only shows Region A (and Fox usually insists on region coding). If that's correct, it's quite possible the UK rental version is the exact same pressing.

That's entirely possible. I'll change my region later and see if it plays.

I just tested my U.S. copy in my stand-alone region-free player (Sherwood BDP-5004, a Momitsu clone with remote hacks). It plays in Regions A & B, but not in Region C; the "wrong region code" screen for Region C says it's encoded for Regions A & B, just like the UK rental version.

If the UK rental version's language options are English, Spanish & Portuguese (plus French for audio only), then it's identical to the U.S. version.

Avatar will at least play in PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra with the latest patch available thru Cyberlink's ActiveX updater (5711, out since at least October), but I haven't been thru it all the way to see if it exhibits corruption like TMT. (On first insert, I only play the opening & closing credits; since Avatar doesn't have any opening credits after the Fox logo, I only went a minute or so in.) Does anyone know where the corruption occurs in the movie? (It's not mentioned at DVDFab, and I don't have an account there either.)
PDVD 7.3 starts showing corruption around 37 minutes into the movie. Still no update from Cyberlink; have opened a support ticket with them.

I just watched the whole thing with PDVD9. No updated needed. No corruption.

This may sound a bit stupid question, but I will just ask it... :)
Is SlySoft really the ONLY company/team/guy who cracked the DVDs and BluRay encryptions?
Are they the only one who are working on decryption of the new BD+ protection?

If so, how is that possible? All the film-making industry is wining about piracy and the market going down (not refering that SlySoft software is used for piracy - legal backup, indeed), how is then possible that there is only one team that doing this ? I mean, they are BIG and you are not as big.. :)

Just wondering... ?

How should anyone know? I mean, whatever you download off the internet could be anything. There's no way to know if some torrented image you download is created properly or not. Or whether it's infected with god knows what. It's just a really bad idea to even consider downloading a 50 gig image and HOPING that it'll somehow work. Could it? Sure, if it was made properly. Will it? Who knows.

Well it is free so if its no good, trash it, no biggie.

Another Avatar Log

You guys probably already have a log for this but here's another just for fun. :) I love being helpful.
Region: A

EDIT: O.K. I just saw in the BD+ thread that they're done accepting logs, so disregard post please.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.5_Info_F_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    237.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back