• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*OFFICIAL* Avatar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
update on avatar

Dear all,

We have got the Avatar blu-ray disc, and find there are many official players cannot play it correctly.

TMT2 version 2.1.6.133, TMT3 version 3.0.1.170
latest patches applied, and they think they work, but then, when playing the movie, video corruption appear, as if the BD+ was not removed correctly.

WinDVD9 version 9.0.14.145_90702_Oct2009
latest patch applied, it displays the red card saying that you need an update. at least this one is behaving nicely

WinDVD2010 version 10.0.4.251.93844_Nov09 SP1
behaves like TMT2/3, it thinks it can play it, but when you start the movie, video corruptions tells us that BD+ is not removed.

WinDVD2010 version 10.0.05.291.102797_Jan2010
WinDVD2010 version 10.0.5.298 Mar2010 SP2
plays avatar fine.

PowerDVD10 version: 10.0.1516.51 sn: DVD090924-03
displays a black screen.

PowerDVD10 version 10.0.1601.51 sn: DVD100331-01
the patch released today plays it fine.

We are working on supporting the BD+ on Avatar, please be patient, thank you for your understanding.

Yup. AnyDVD will decrypt the mounted, protected ISO once it's updated at a future point in time. So for now, we buy the original, make a backup ISO of it, watch the original, put it on the shelf, and in the future we can just mount the ISO backup. Pretty slick, no? :)

Last edited:
Dear all,

We have got the Avatar blu-ray disc, and find there are many official players cannot play it correctly.

TMT2 version 2.1.6.133, TMT3 version 3.0.1.170
latest patches applied, and they think they work, but then, when playing the movie, video corruption appear, as if the BD+ was not removed correctly.

WinDVD9 version 9.0.14.145_90702_Oct2009
latest patch applied, it displays the red card saying that you need an update. at least this one is behaving nicely

WinDVD2010 version 10.0.4.251.93844_Nov09 SP1
behaves like TMT2/3, it thinks it can play it, but when you start the movie, video corruptions tells us that BD+ is not removed.

WinDVD2010 version 10.0.05.291.102797_Jan2010
WinDVD2010 version 10.0.5.298 Mar2010 SP2
plays avatar fine.

PowerDVD10 version: 10.0.1516.51 sn: DVD090924-03
displays a black screen.

PowerDVD10 version 10.0.1601.51 sn: DVD100331-01
the patch released today plays it fine.

We are working on supporting the BD+ on Avatar, please be patient, thank you for your understanding.

Oh just KILL ME NOW and get it over with. :bang: Thanks for this info. I truly appreciate it. I saw the PDVD10 patch this morning but I only own PDVD9 so I guess I'm screwed. At least I have my trusty PS3 to fall back on.

Look, there are going to be TONS of posts on this today. I'm going to get annoyed by it, as well, but, you need to realize it's just going to happen. Let's not clutter up each new post with personal attacks and other nonsense. Just point them to the existing threads and be done with it. Thanks. :policeman:

Hi Support Team,

When i tried playing AVATAR Bluray i getting errors... Following is snapshot for AnyDVD informartion screen. Could some one please advice

Using BDPHash.bin 10-04-08
Failed to remove BD+, Error 668!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Regards
Senthil

Avatar uses a new BD+. AnyDVD support for it will take an estimated 1-2 weeks from now to add, according to the developer.

Sry sammy, been havin a rough time thats been goin on for a while. Like a dad that keeps suing a mom after nearly 17yrs of being divorced and i'm caught in the middle. Freakin guy nearly made my mom drive into a tree. See the harsh side in that ? Anyway Thats OT.

I'll try to stick to my usual help efforts that are/were good :) *begs for forgiveness :)*

Yup. AnyDVD will decrypt the mounted, protected ISO once it's updated at a future point in time. So for now, we buy the original, make a backup ISO of it, watch the original, put it on the shelf, and in the future we can just mount the ISO backup. Pretty slick, no? :)

Okay, forgive a stupid person here, but how in heck do we make a backup ISO of it? (And please be kind -- I've tried to read the dozens of messages about this but I'm just looking for the Reader's Digest version).

Edit: Ah, I'm stupid, I see that option now in AnyDVD. I assume I just checkmark "Keep Protection", right? If so, no need to reply to me (unless you want to beat me about the head and shoulders :>)

Yea it's fine. That sucks about your situation. Believe me I have stuff I'm dealing with right now, as well. :) But, we're going to get a LOT of new people on the forum in the next few days asking about Avatar. Just point them to the "official" 600 threads we already have on it. :D

Okay, forgive a stupid person here, but how in heck do we make a backup ISO of it? (And please be kind -- I've tried to read the dozens of messages about this but I'm just looking for the Reader's Digest version).

Edit: Ah, I'm stupid, I see that option now in AnyDVD. I assume I just checkmark "Keep Protection", right? If so, no need to reply to me (unless you want to beat me about the head and shoulders :>)

:D I know, they really should have made it harder, right? LOL! ;)

Oh just KILL ME NOW and get it over with. :bang: Thanks for this info. I truly appreciate it. I saw the PDVD10 patch this morning but I only own PDVD9 so I guess I'm screwed. At least I have my trusty PS3 to fall back on.
You can thank Fengtao for this, not the person that posted it unattributed, word for word, from the DVDFab forum (referring to post #103).

You can thank Fengtao for this, not the person that posted it unattributed, word for word, from the DVDFab forum.

Well, I don't have an account on the DVDFab forum, else I would. This information is useful and if Fengtao posted it, then thanks to him.

And forgive just one more *really* stupid question -- I can play the DVD now with my PS3 but for my home media center (WD Live) I've been ripping all my discs (both DVD and blu) because it's sooooo much easier to manage (in actual point of fact I only have about a dozen discs still unpacked away).

I assume that once the Avatar Red-Bird stuff is cracked I'll still be able to proceed as I would normally, right? IOW, I'll be able to copy the unprotected blu to my hard drive for encoding with Handbrake from that ISO? Or should I not pack away this disc until the actual crack? (I suspect we'll watch it tonight and then not see it again for at least a month or two with some friends).

(I tell you, having all my media on hard drives is the best thing that ever happened -- it was a madhouse trying to find a particular disc from the literally thousands I had in various places around the house).

sorry i forgot to mention were i got it from but since all of u have a hard time everytime someone mentions another program or syte.

Yes, your assumption is correct. Once AnyDVD is updated you'll be able to mount the protected ISO and do whatever you want with it. I am also a fan of media on HDD. I do it with a super powerful HTPC, but, to each their own. :) For BD+ protected discs I always make and keep protected ISOs. For other discs I tend to make movie only ISOs to save a bit of space. BD+ is nasty so I keep protected ISOs just in case something changes in the BD+ implementation for AnyDVD. Then I won't have to redo my ISOs. :)

sorry i forgot to mention were i got it from but since all of u have a hard time everytime someone mentions another program or syte.

Only when mentioning competing products in the respective SlySoft product's forum. When quoting someone, it's usually good etiquette to post who you're quoting. Anyway, we know now so no big deal. (And I should have picked up on the last line anyway, so, it shows I didn't read it fully to begin with :))

Im not sure if its been posted or not, here is the Avatar Region B Rental disc log.
If it has, delete my message. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.5_Info_H_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    249.5 KB · Views: 15
Im not sure if its been posted or not, here is the Avatar Region B Rental disc log.
If it has, delete my message. Hope it helps.

Please always state the country of origin. Region B doesn't really help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back