• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*OFFICIAL* Avatar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avatar will at least play in PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra with the latest patch available thru Cyberlink's ActiveX updater (5711, out since at least October), but I haven't been thru it all the way to see if it exhibits corruption like TMT. (On first insert, I only play the opening & closing credits; since Avatar doesn't have any opening credits after the Fox logo, I only went a minute or so in.) Does anyone know where the corruption occurs in the movie? (It's not mentioned at DVDFab, and I don't have an account there either.)

Hey BD+ is not playing even on a number of Blu Ray players. Why bring out something when you purchase it you cannot play it even on legit players? Ok so check if your player supports BD+ and if it will even play. Some of the very new ones still will not play it.

Great HUH???

Look, there are going to be TONS of posts on this today. I'm going to get annoyed by it, as well, but, you need to realize it's just going to happen.
There is a thread "Discs that may not work with AnyDVD HD 6.6.0.7" and Avatar is not listed there. Does it mean if I downgrade to 6.6.0.7 I should be able to rip Avatar? Joke.
Maybe it will help reducing number of posts if it is listed as a known problem. Just a thought.

There is a thread "Discs that may not work with AnyDVD HD 6.6.0.7" and Avatar is not listed there. Does it mean if I downgrade to 6.6.0.7 I should be able to rip Avatar? Joke.
Maybe it will help reducing number of posts if it is listed as a known problem. Just a thought.

Sure, yea, I can update that thread so that no one could read it. :rolleyes: It's why I haven't bothered lately. No one reads the rules of the BD+ log thread, either, and I put them in HUGE FREAKING LETTERS. I just expect that no one is going to search, read stickies, etc, because, well, that's kinda what happens anyway.

Im not sure if its been posted or not, here is the Avatar Region B Rental disc log.
If it has, delete my message. Hope it helps.

Looks like the US version (Region A) to me... :confused:

I haven't found any answer to this question. Can i play protected ISO on my pc?

Um, you haven't found an answer to that? OOOOK then. Here's your answer. Sure, you can play a protected ISO as long as AnyDVD is able to decrypt it. If you're asking if you can make a protected ISO and play it without AnyDVD working its magic on the mounted ISO, then, NO. You can not.

Oh, piracy. Yea, we don't support that here. If you like a movie, you should BUY IT.

How should anyone know? I mean, whatever you download off the internet could be anything. There's no way to know if some torrented image you download is created properly or not. Or whether it's infected with god knows what. It's just a really bad idea to even consider downloading a 50 gig image and HOPING that it'll somehow work. Could it? Sure, if it was made properly. Will it? Who knows.

I've seen a couple of them say both A and B. No idea where those came from but maybe they made a combo region BD. Who knows. That's pretty sweet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back