• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not all DVDs play

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42L SL01 010328072C72RD3946
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1987520 sectors (3881 MBytes)
Total size: 3975024 sectors (7763 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PHANTOM_MENACE
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)

Latest version of Anydvd is 6.1.3.6. I recommend using it.

Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

We want to see "dvd-rom" there.

O.k. I have a question. My question is do you understand that you can't change the booktype of a disc that has already been burned?
I'm not too sure if you're trying to change the booktype after the disc has already been burned.

Would the update affest this? Someone told me that if you update AnyDVD it might not work with CloneDVD proprerly. Which now that I think about it, that doesn't make sense.

Second question. Yes I understand that. When do I go into ImgBurn and change the booktype? Before I open up CloneDVD to burn?

Would the update affest this?

No.

Someone told me that if you update AnyDVD it might not work with CloneDVD proprerly. Which now that I think about it, that doesn't make sense.

That makes no sense at all.

Second question. Yes I understand that. When do I go into ImgBurn and change the booktype? Before I open up CloneDVD to burn?

Before you burn in Clonedvd. I really don't understand why bitsetting isn't working for your burner, because I was under the impression all newer LGs do it automatically. Keep in mind it's possible that every time your drive opens, it resets bitsetting back to default. It really shouldn't though.

Last edited:
I only have the one drive. So when I take out the first disc to insert the blank one, it resets the bitsetting? How do I combat this?

I only have the one drive. So when I take out the first disc to insert the blank one, it resets the bitsetting? How do I combat this?

I wonder if it's possible to try setting it again in imgburn right after Clonedvd ejects the drive (and wants you to put blank media in).

OR you can rip the original movie to your hard drive first using Clonedvd (for the output method select "dvd files").
Remove the original disc.
Put in the blank media.
You can then use whatever program to set the booktype.
Then use "write existing data" in Clonedvd2 and select the rip on your hard drive as the source and your "dvd writer"/burner as the output.
Nothing should eject--well, not until Clonedvd is finished writing.

Last edited:
I already used up the Verbatim disc I bought before I reinstalled the ImgBurn. I will get somemore and try it again. Once again, thanks for all the help.

At the OTC cost of those 3 packs, I'd try different burners. You can always return the burners.

I think I found the problem. My Burner says ti has 16X DVD-ROM read, but not write. I guess I will return it. What Burners have DVD-ROM write and DL rite? I was looking on Best Buy and didn't see any.

Return the burner and get another one? maybe it's defective?

Is there another system you can test your burner in?

If you're going to get a new burner, ensure it has an auto bitsetting feature (automatically changes the booktype to "dvd-rom" with "dvd+R dl" media).

Where would I find that at? Looking online, I don't see any that say that. Any recommendations on some burners?

Back