• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not all DVDs play

DVD+R DL issue

I am having trouble palying my Memorex DVD+R DL disc on my DVD player. I am using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. I just bought a LG burner, GSA-H42KL and a Panasonic DVD player DVD-S53K. I have burned about 20 discs so far, and they all play on my computer. But only 2 paly on the DVD player. The DVD player won;t read the rest. I have bought some Verbatin disc to see if this would help, but I get the same issue. I have updated my firmware also. I have been working with Webslinger and we are both stumped. The DVD-R work fine on the player. Is this a disc or burner or DVD player issue? Does anyone have any ideas?

DVD+R DL issue

I am having trouble palying my Memorex DVD+R DL disc on my DVD player. I am using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. I just bought a LG burner, GSA-H42KL and a Panasonic DVD player DVD-S53K. I have burned about 20 discs so far, and they all play on my computer. But only 2 paly on the DVD player. The DVD player won;t read the rest. I have bought some Verbatin disc to see if this would help, but I get the same issue. I have updated my firmware also. I have been working with Webslinger and we are both stumped. The DVD-R work fine on the player. Is this a disc or burner or DVD player issue? Does anyone have any ideas?

Well, the most obvious thing to check is if your DVD player can play DL disks? Everyone of my DVD players except my computer don't play DL. They were only made for single layer disks.

Hope that helps.

calitiger33 please do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue.

Unfortunately, the issue resides then with your standalone dvd player, since the discs play fine on your computer.

If you can't change booktype, something is either wrong with your burner or the manner in which you're attempting to
make bitsetting changes.

Last edited:
If it was a problem with my burner, would it burn the DL and would they play on my computer? What does the DVD player need to say on it to read DL discs?

If it was a problem with my burner, would it burn the DL and would they play on my computer? What does the DVD player need to say on it to read DL discs?

Your player would probably play it if the booktype showed as a DVD-ROM. If it plays the original which was a +DL, it should play the backup on good media. The difference being the original is showing as a DVD-ROM, your backup is not. Can you go through the steps you do to try and change the booktype to see what or why it doesn't change?

I followed Webslingers instructions and I was not able to change the booktype.

As far as the media, I also bought a 3-pack of the verbatim DL and they did the same thing.

I just reinstalled ImgBurn and it changed the booktype. I am going to give it a try again. Keep your fingers crossed.

It burned, but it still won't play in the DVD player. when I open ImgBurn, it says DVD-ROm for current setting for the DVD+R DL.

Once I changed it in ImgBurn, do I still burn with clonedvd or do I use ImgBurn?

It burned, but it still won't play in the DVD player. when I open ImgBurn, it says DVD-ROm for current setting for the DVD+R DL.

Sounds like it's an issue with the DVD player. Do you have another player or a friend or neighbor who has one and can try it? Might also check with the manufacturer (or store) and see if they have any ideas since they say it will play them but apparently won't.

Any ideas on which brands of DVD players will work? I picked the Panasonic DVD-S53K thinking it would work.

I reinstalled ImgBurn and it let me change the booktype to DVD-ROM. When I put in a blank DVD+R DL disc, it says DVD-ROM in the currect settings now.

Back