• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not all DVDs play

I have kind of a side question. What quality % will you start to notice a difference? I know some peple will put movies like gladiator on a DVD-R disc and it looks fine. But when I put it in to copy it was at like 47% so I didn't even try.

I have kind of a side question. What quality % will you start to notice a difference? I know some peple will put movies like gladiator on a DVD-R disc and it looks fine. But when I put it in to copy it was at like 47% so I didn't even try.

It depends on the size of your screen and your eyes (the larger the screen, the worse the picture will appear). If it's below 85% quality, I would use the clonecd method I listed with Verbatim +R DL media (but I don't compress anymore at all; so I rarely use Clonedvd unless the main movie will fit on a single layer disc with extremely minimal compression).

Really, the right answer is up to you. It all depends on taste.

Last edited:
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.
I need to open ImgBurn and change the type to DVD-Rom
Then I can close the program and open CloneDVD2 to burn.
Is this correct?

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.
I need to open ImgBurn and change the type to DVD-Rom
Then I can close the program and open CloneDVD2 to burn.
Is this correct?

Yes, that's right. But I thought you were using Nero cd-dvd speed.

Last edited:
OK. I tried everything and it still didn't work. It will play on my computer but not on my DVD player. Any suggestions now?

Here is the original disc
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.6)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H552B HP08 1213
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3922176 sectors (7660 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here is the copy
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.6)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42L SL00 021204062C72RD3946
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1897072 sectors (3705 MBytes)
Total size: 3794128 sectors (7410 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

1) Before burning you set the booktype to dvd-rom for your LG burner with the blank disc in your drive? You selected "LG"?

I can't seem to find information on whether your burner actually supports bitsetting +R DL media.
edit: someone claims it does

Just use nero cd-dvd speed before burning: (Insert the blank media in your burner. Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change from "dvd +R DL" to "dvd-rom" in the drop-down box. If you can choose it select "set as default". Click "set".)

2) What blank media are you using?

3) visit http://gb.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp

a) select device driver
b) select dvd-rom (writer)
c) search for your burner: there's a GSA_H42L_SLW01(EW).zip file
read the instructions and update your firmware (I take no responsibility if you mess up your burner, but if you follow the instructions, it shouldn't be that difficult)

Last edited:
I updated the firmware. Now what?

Just use nero cd-dvd speed before burning: (Insert the blank media in your burner. Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change from "dvd +R DL" to "dvd-rom" in the drop-down box. If you can choose it select "set as default". Click "set".)

You can't change booktype after you burned +R or +R DL media

I changed it on the disc type. The part on the bottom that says current disc type is greyed out. Is that o.k.?

I changed it on the disc type. The part on the bottom that says current disc type is greyed out. Is that o.k.?

Do it with a blank disc in your burner. Is it greyed out now?

The first thing you need to do in cd-dvd speed, before you get to the bitsetting menu is to actually select your burner at the top of the screen.

I have the blank DL disc in the burner drive. Is that where it is supposed to be? If so, then it is still grey.

I have the blank DL disc in the burner drive. Is that where it is supposed to be? If so, then it is still grey.

The first thing you need to do in cd-dvd speed, before you get to the bitsetting menu is to actually select your burner at the top of the screen in the drop-down box.

Back