• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Ultra build 3319f

James, is there any way to make a player that could play back the rips from the HDD is it even possible to do some thing like this, pwdvd has not even been that good i would like to get rid of them anyway i hope you guys can work your magic on this

There's not a chance in hell they did this on their own volition. This was forced upon them by the studios. Why in the world else would they cut out a feature such as HDD playing, but not document it anywhere in the release?

I have to agree. I think they were probably strongly nudged to remove the playback.

My real issue is that if you go to see What's New they still say you can playback HD and BD content from the HDD. This is now a patently false statement and they should update that.

Anyone purchasing the product right this moment has made a purchase based upon a bold faced lie from CyberLink under what PowerDVD Ultra can do. Can we say fraud? Why is it that a person needs to contact support to even find out that they removed HDD playback, anyway?

Having said all that I had to downgrade back to 3104a.1 from 3119f, anyway. Any of the newer updates contain some executable that I can only guess exists to check on drives with a name like CLChkDrv.exe or similar. I end up with like 5 instances of it and they only appear when I start PowerDVD but when I exit the program they remain and they literally lock my system after slowing it to a crawl.

The more they update the software the more issues I seem to have. I guess I'll strictly use TheaterTek DVD from now on. I just found using PowerDVD was useful sometimes. Now I see it as nothing more than a major headache.

Yes I too think their hand has been forced by the studios. They are caught in the middle between the customers and the studios.

I imagine with the emergance of more affordable hddvd/blueray drives the studios are very concerned with what we are doing with their:disagree: content even if we have legally purchased it. I would be willing to bet that cyberlink has been put on notice to either lock down their product or be excluded from further updates and key releases.

We can only hope that other vendor will be able to put out products in the future to ive us more of a choice. Would be very nice if theatertek could get in the game, but unfortunately I do not see this happening in the near future.

Sorry, just joining this thread but does the new PowerDVD version also prevent playing Blu-Rays from HDD that are set up using an .ISO file with DaemonTools? AFAIK, this would look like a drive and not from HDD.

For those who have upgraded, can you give that a try?

Sorry, just joining this thread but does the new PowerDVD version also prevent playing Blu-Rays from HDD that are set up using an .ISO file with DaemonTools? AFAIK, this would look like a drive and not from HDD.

For those who have upgraded, can you give that a try?

It seems someone else in another thread mentioned that this still worked.

In fact I would not be suprised if Slysoft's answer to PowerDVD restriction is to offer some virtual DVD drive that points to a directory that contains BD content...

Official response from Cyberlink to my question:

<< As we informed you in our previous email that with version 3319f you will not be able to play HD contents from Hard disk drive.

This feature has been discontinued in 3319f version and above.>>

So it is now official that it’s not a bug but a feature (aka it will not be fixed in following releases)!!!!

I didn’t follow the thread from the start so excuse me if I am repeating old news, but I would like to ask:

Is Slysoft planning to ‘fix’ this?

I know that it is not 100% Slysofts ‘area’ but, taking into account that PDVD could easily be ‘tricked’ (ex using a mounted iso image of a br / hd-dvd rip), I think that this will not be too hard for Slysoft and also will gain many happy customers.

In this thread or another on this general subject I commented that 3319 worked OK on my system(s). It still does.

I've now checked and have found that by luck rather than design the Cyberlink update service at

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/patch/enu/index.jsp

indicates that my version is up to date, but on checking it is at 7.3.3310.0 so not apparently the 3319f version

This version which I think was issued in October 07 seems to work fine for all the featurs previously known and expected to work

So if the product's functionality is now different, then it is time to switch to another product. That is certainly my recommendation to others if that is the PDVD position.

It seems someone else in another thread mentioned that this still worked.

In fact I would not be suprised if Slysoft's answer to PowerDVD restriction is to offer some virtual DVD drive that points to a directory that contains BD content...

What is the best way to turn a ripped bd or hd dvd to an iso image?
Thanks

Nero or ImgBurn should be able to do it in their respective build modes. In fact I just used ImgBurn the other day to turn an HD DVD into an ISO image and had no problems. I suspect it could do the same for the files on your hard drive. I know Nero can do so.

Nero or ImgBurn should be able to do it in their respective build modes. In fact I just used ImgBurn the other day to turn an HD DVD into an ISO image and had no problems. I suspect it could do the same for the files on your hard drive. I know Nero can do so.

Thanks for that!
Then you could presumably use nero virtual drive to mount the image and play it with pdvd?

Having relatively recently paid for PowerDVD Ultra I am far from happy with this development. However there (as I understand it) are not any decent alternative for use on my Media PC. (although cyberlink have yet to fix the spdif out issue on vista)

I do however have complete faith in Slysoft and am sure they are working hard (as illustrated by the recent AnyDVDHD developments) to implement a work around, virtual drive or what ever.
I'll do my best to be patient.

I am however getting ticked off by all this anti-consumerism by the studios and as much as I love HD (own 80+ titles in both camps) am beginning to think that I'll go back to the cheaper and less painful upscaled dvds.

These are the numbers for element5, who handle all refunds for PowerDVD: -

Customer service USA
(Language: English):
Tel.: +1 952 646-5022 or +1 800 406 4966
Fax: +1 952 646-4552

Customer Service Europe
(Languages: German / English / French / Italian / Spanish / Portuguese):
Tel.: +49 221 31088-30
Fax: +49 221 31088-29

Have just requested my refund :)

@ w_illboy - Muttley

I am in the exact same position.

The only reason I have not already asked for a refund is that I am waiting for Slysoft and also maybe Cyberlink, based on their latest response:

<<As we were getting many queries regarding the same issue, we escalated the issue to our Research Team as every customer is valuable for us. We always work for the satisfaction of our customers.

As our customers were not happy with this latest change in the software, we escalated the issue to our Research team.

And we might get some positive response from them very soon.>>

Most probably their response is just a marketing move.

But it is good to see that they understood how bad this turned to be for them and that they risk losing customers.

All of us who bough it we should ask for a refund and then I am sure that they will change their minds on this.

This is the only way to make big companies care.

I don't know why but I can playback from harddrive with 3319f. But to be sure I too roll back to 3104. And then I will act like this:"never change a winning team" Slysoft wil crack every AACS version so we can decrypt every HD media and then we do not have to care about PowerDVD. And I hope Slysoft will release an own Media player so we can throw the crappy PowerDVD into the trash.

cyberlinks software powerdvd is not longer "Fair Use". I don't support this software longer and you all should follow.

I think everyone who bought it recently outta ask for a refund. And then people need to WAIT until the format issues sort out.. and some really good HTPC tools get developed for HD stuff. These things take time... if you wanna be the early-bird you just keep opening your wallet.

-W

Just emailed Cyberlink to add my voice and ask for a refund if not sorted V. Soon.

There's reports of a usefull bug...

Try initiating playback from within Windows as opposed to using the PowerDVD interface.

-W

Ummm go to the folder / file and use "Open With".

-W

Back