• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Ultra build 3319f

Hmmmmm cunning :p

Lets give it a shot.

I highly doubt it's really checking for a closed door. A hard disk folder has, by definition, no drive door. :) This might, and only might, work if the disc were played from a virtual drive (like, em, AnyDVD). But even then it would be most unlikely: why would ANY player check for a closed door on a drive it's not playing from? That doesn't make sense.

I bet ya it's just a software message. They could also have said: "Nope, we don't play HD content from folders any more. Sucks to be you." Instead, they couch it in some sort of half-regular error, like: "Drive bay open." Yeah, right. Except we weren't even playing from drive -- not even a virtual one.

Donations section

I think Slysoft should setup a Donations section on their website. That way people who want to donate 5 or 10 bucks towards the cause can. I would rather pay slysoft then powerDVD any day.

Get the word out!!!!

yep, it's been mentioned much earlier in this thread, and quite a few others, but seems a long time in coming. They originally said an English demo version would be out around October i think

i tried the japanese trial edition thats available all i can say is the player had better pq than pwdvd and played every movie i could throw at it but i did have some problems with banding and what looked like interlacing lines all through the picture but i seem to be the only one who had this problem but most people are having good results ,http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=900666

am i missing something ... after upgrading to this version I can still play HDDVDs from the hard drive. I don't have BD, so i dont know about that functionality.

am i missing something ... after upgrading to this version I can still play HDDVDs from the hard drive. I don't have BD, so i dont know about that functionality.

Are you playing back the whole film with menu's or just the evo file? I'd have to assume the evo file or your version isn't the latest as they have disabled the 'play movie from harddisc' function for HD DVD and Blu-ray

Wait...so in later Power DVD versions (after 3319) you can still playback just the .evo file ? I thought you could not do this.

Double check and i do have the latest version installed. I think works because i use MyMovies to start playback on the HDDVD, which then launches PowerDVD. If i start PowerDVD first, then choose open movie file on hard drive, it will not let me play any of th HDDVDs. So that is my work around for now ...

Double check and i do have the latest version installed. I think works because i use MyMovies to start playback on the HDDVD, which then launches PowerDVD. If i start PowerDVD first, then choose open movie file on hard drive, it will not let me play any of th HDDVDs. So that is my work around for now ...

It is at least plausible that the implementation might have disabled a menu item but left the very limited command line functionality of PowerDVD that MyMovies uses intact. They would be in entirely different places in the code.

This may not effect the BD+ must-have-AACS requirement that would more broadly prevent a BD+ disc from working on the HD, even under MyMovies. I understand that that 3319f began enforcing that, as well.

So far, 3104 has worked for me.

A way to play ripped discs in pdvd

Hey guys like I mentioned in the last pdvd release thread you can open pdvd then take and drag and drop the ripped disc folder onto the pdvd interface and it will begin to play the movie. Granted all the menus and extra content is lost but it is somewhat of a workaround. The player will popup some garbage asking you to disable dinterlacing or something but it works.

YEAHHHH!!!

I found a way to crack the 3516 BD region protection. Works!

Vista: Delete X:\ProgramData\CyberLink\BDNAV\brf.dat

Will be regenerated with 5 new changes when you start PDVD.

I won't tell you how I found it, in case Cyberlink reads here.

I edited the file to get more changes than 5, but is doesn't go higher as 6.

You also have to kill some process (better to remove it from autorun at all) which supposed to "protect" this file. I do not remember the name of the process as I installed 3516 for short time and then returned back to 3319a.

It's brs.exe (Bluray Region Service)

It is also possible to set the desired region manually in the file. Maybe Slysoft can implement a PowerDVD region changer in AnyDVD.

Last edited:
I can't play .mkv file on powerdvd ultra 7.2... I tried changing its name and installed Hiili media splinter but no luck%#!?????

Need help I can play Hd wma but not .mkv container format. Is there a way to change the container (lossless)?

Last edited:
just installed CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra Deluxe v7.3 Build 3319a on vista x64 and i got the the error 8090000A door open

I used the drag folder onto the Power DVD 'splash' page - it worked! Except - no sound.

Anyone tried the new patch for PowertoDVD9 Ultra build 1530?

What's New in CyberLink PowerDVD 9

Video

• New!- TrueTheater™ HD (High-definition) - up scales the original video to a higher resolution version, which is sharper and artifact-free. It is capable of up sampling 480p video up to 1080p.
  • New!- TrueTheater™ Motion - enables frame rate up sampling, from 24 fps up to 60 fps, to make panning scenes, particularly in action movies, play smoother.
  • New!- TrueTheater™ Lighting (CyberLink Eagle Vision2) - video enhancement technology that dynamically adjusts the brightness/contrast/saturation ratios in scenes that are overly dark or too bright. It is optimized for LCD displays.
  • New!- TrueTheater™ Stretch (CyberLink Pano Vision) - video stretching technology that produces minimal distortion in the center of the picture. It provides the best stretching solution for 2.35:1 content in widescreen.
  • SMPTE VC-1 High-Definition Video*
  • MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) High-Definition Video**
  • Smart Video De-interlacing
Audio

• Dolby Digital Plus*
  • Dolby TrueHD*
  • Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Dolby Digital EX**
  • Dolby Pro Logic IIx**
  • Dolby Headphone**
  • Dolby Virtual Speaker**
  • DTS-HD*
  • DTS**
  • DTS 96/24**
  • AAC Channel support**
  • TrueTheater™ - Surround (Multi-channel Environment Impression Mode)
  • TrueTheater™ - Surround (Virtual Speaker Mode)
  • TrueTheater™ - Surround (Headphone Mode)
  • Pitch scaling technology
  • Audio equalizer presets
  • Audio visualizations
  • Direct 96/24 output
Playback Formats

• New! - AVCHD playback*
  • New! - AVCREC playback*
  • New! - BD-R 1.1 playback*
  • New! - BD-RE 2.1 playback*
  • New! - BD Profile 1.1(Bonus View) playback*
  • New! - BD Profile 2.0(BD Live) playback*
  • BD-ROM (Blu-ray Disc) playback*
  • BD-RE (Blu-ray Disc) playback*
  • VCPS for DVD+VR with content protection
  • CPRM for DVD-VR with content protection**
  • External subtitles
  • DVD files (DVD-Video, DVD-VR, DVD+VR) from any folder on your hard drive
Advanced Features

• New! - PowerDVD Cinema playback mode (with full remote control support)
  • New! - PowerDVD MCE plug-in (seamless integration with Windows Media Center)
  • Movie Collection Support
  • Movie Remix
  • Integration with MoovieLive Service
  • UPnP Support - Access your media from a Home Network
  • Say-It-Again - Automatically repeats the last movie scene
  • See-It-All - Automatically speeds playback to show as much of the movie as possible
  • Read-It-Clearly - Moves subtitles from the viewing screen
* - Available in Ultra Edition (Blu-ray Disc) only
** - Available in Deluxe version and Ultra Edition (Blu-ray Disc)

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

Last edited:
Back