• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 9.0.9.4d released

Rusty257

Curious if anyone has played with Nero 9 at all. Is playback of HD any better? Any other features good or bad?

What is interesting is that they do not advertise the ability to play Blu-ray movies anymore. And the plug-in is now called "Blu-ray Disc Authoring Plug-in". Also, no mention of HDDVD at all. So, it looks like we now have one software Blu-ray player less on the market.

i find that hard to believe. BR authoring but no playback? although in the showtime manual it gives you a link to a Blu-Ray page that does not work. so it isnt clear if BR is supported or not. But yes no mention of HD DVD. I will download the trial tonight and try.

There is only a trial version now, I cannot believe they are making you pay for an upgrade to a new version before they even fixed Nero 8. Its greed at its finest.

Last edited:
of course they will charge you, i mean dont all companies charge you for the next version or sometimes even an upgarde?........oh wait wasnt there some software that you get "Free lifetime updates" when you purchase it.....

of course they will charge you, i mean dont all companies charge you for the next version or sometimes even an upgarde?........oh wait wasnt there some software that you get "Free lifetime updates" when you purchase it.....
Its still here. ;)

I'm installing this now to see if it's worth the 63 bucks for an upgrade. (WTF?!) So far, it's been installing on my kick ass laptop for about 20 minutes now. Yeaaaaa, that's ridiculous. I did a custom install, as well, and only selected what I wanted. This is pathetic so far. The only thing I really use in Nero these days is Nero Vision. I'm tempted to drop it and find something else for my conversions. I've been using AVC a LOT lately and love it. Nero Vision does a good job on that. If it's improved (faster, better quality, I don't know) then I'll consider it. Otherwise, not a chance for me.

Erm . . .

Someone bought it for me. I guess I should be grateful. Eset Smart Security shoved the Ask Toolbar in my temp files into quarantine (ha ha! I agree with that action).

Anyway, if possible, I think the installation is taking even longer than Nero 8. I'm currently typing on a 4ghz overclocked intel quad core with a raid 0 hard drive configuration, and this thing is still taking a long time to install. :rolleyes:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

snore

Oh and there isn't one large sized help file to download either. You have to download individual help files (I'm not bothering):
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero9-helpfiles.html

Blu-ray authoring plugin costs extra $$ ? :bang:

Last edited:
The trial version doesn't include any of the AVC authoring, so, it's 100% USELESS to me. In short, they aren't getting my money on this one. At least not yet. I'll stick with 8.

How about playback? Sounds like I will not be upgrading either if AVC isnt included. Do you need the BR plug-in for that? Since you both have used this can I assume you had purchased the plug-in in the past? Did that have any effect? Or when they claimed that this plug-in would be for lifetime they didnt lie but just changed their minds?

You didn't really read what I said did you? Cause you wouldn't be jumping to those conclusions if you had. Let me be clear about this: THE TRIAL VERSION does not include AVC creation. Did we get it that time? TRIAL VERSION != Paid for Retail Version. But since I can't try out the AVC creation in 9, I have no incentive to buy it. As for showtime, I have no idea what it supports and couldn't really care. I never use it and never will. It sucks IMO.

You are correct. I do skim a lot when I read through things. Words and brain dont alway work together. Eyes/Words = "the trial version".......brain "this version"....
My mistake.
Also I have said it before I do not know why everyone is so down on showtime. I have really never had an issue with it. rare occaions need a quick reboot then I am good to go again. So until I do there probably wont be any upgarding to PD or anything else.

I've tried it. It doesn't work for me. I've NEVER gotten an HD DVD to play in it. And yes, I have the plugin. BD only occasionally works. I have always disliked showtime. If it works for you, then that's great and I have no problem with that. But, I hate it worse than arcsoft's stuff. (Which is installed on my machine now thanks to my HD PVR...sigh)

Seriously . . . . installing Nero 9 is like watching paint dry. Games with expansions spanning multiple dvds install faster than this. :doh:

Yea, no kidding. Even on my fancy new laptop it's painful. I'm going to uninstall it (there goes the evening) as I have no use for something that doesn't give me AVC. What's the point of the trial??

At least Nero Scout seems to be gone.

Version 9 is over 1 GB installed. :rolleyes:

I just purchased the Nero 9 upgrade and finished my install. I currently have no Blu-Ray playback using nero showtime even when using my Blu-Ray/HD DVD Video plugin

Back