• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 9.0.9.4d released

"Play AVCD and other HD format support (Blu-ray), plus stream to Xbox 360™ & Playstation® 3."

That was from their promotional email for Nero 9.

I just purchased the Nero 9 upgrade and finished my install. I currently have no Blu-Ray playback using nero showtime even when using my Blu-Ray/HD DVD Video plugin

This is from their website:

http://www.nero.com/enu/nero9-introduction.html

"Play AVCHD and other HD formats"

So, are Nero customers being lied to?

Last edited:
Like CyberLink they allow you to have Nero8 and Nero9 installed at the same time. So for HD-DVD and ShowTime there is your solution. Install Nero8 and just pick ShowTime and then install Nero9, as well. Installing Nero9 hosed my image file associations even though I didn't install PhotoSnap or whatever the photo editing program is.

Yeah, installation is crazy. 300+ MB download and I started the install and walked away. It took over an hour to install. Insanity.

I'm intrigued by the TV tuner support. I just don't know if it will work with my tuner, yet. Haven't had a chance to check. If it does then they may have my interest. On the downside with no tuner installed I'm getting a crash from some tuner related services under Vista x64. The new Nero Recode also still doesn't handle X-Protect discs (ie Blade - House of Chthon straight from the disc with AnyDVD running). I didn't expect it to but one can hope. I suspect the other previous Recode issues with some discs probably haven't changed, either.

It doesn't support your tuner. Feel better now? What a suck ass release. I'm sorry, but, seriously, wtf good is this one?

The new Nero Recode also still doesn't handle X-Protect discs (ie Blade - House of Chthon straight from the disc with AnyDVD running). I didn't expect it to but one can hope. I suspect the other previous Recode issues with some discs probably haven't changed, either.

I'm more concerned about Nero Recode not handling rips from Anydvd ripper for full disc backups of 3:10 to Yuma, Good Luck Chuck, Saw IV, The Golden Compass, and Pirates of the Carribean (first movie). I wonder if the new Nero Recode does.

It doesn't support your tuner. Feel better now? What a suck ass release. I'm sorry, but, seriously, wtf good is this one?

And they give previous owners a whopping 13 USD discount off the full price. Wow. I feel so special. :rolleyes:

I'm more concerned about Nero Recode not handling rips from Anydvd ripper for full disc backups of 3:10 to Yuma, Good Luck Chuck, Saw IV, The Golden Compass, and Pirates of the Carribean (first movie). I wonder if the new Nero Recode does.

I can't check but I highly suspect they don't. Hopefully someone proves me wrong.

And they give previous owners a whopping 13 USD discount off the full price. Wow. I feel so special. :rolleyes:

Yea, I know. Um, NO? I'm thinking no on this one. :) The fact that I couldn't check out the ONE feature I actually do use on a regular basis in the trial pisses me off to the point where I'm never likely to buy it. If I can't see whether they've improved my one feature or not, then screw them.

"I have some scratched discs that contain personal photos and videos, but I can’t access the files and I don’t want to lose them. Can Nero 9 help me recover this content from the CD?

Yes. Nero 9 lets you recover files from damaged or partially unreadable media and to restore accidentally-deleted files from a complete range of supported media types. Nero Rescue Agent contains a wide level of support for major file systems on optical drives, USB storage devices, memory cards, hard drives, floppies. Basically there is almost no medium that Rescue Agent can’t recover"

/shrug

Other programs also do the same thing, I believe.

That's the sales pitch? :D Yea, plenty of other programs do that. I ain't paying 63 bucks for that...

Nope. Nero Recode still can't handle dvds with lots of titlesets. Recode will hang. Utterly mind-blowing that Nero won't fix their buggy program . . .
It's been broken since Recode version 2.5.4.0 onwards.

That's the sales pitch? :D Yea, plenty of other programs do that. I ain't paying 63 bucks for that...

Yeah, ISO Buster seems to do a good job of recovering data from a ruined disc, IMO.

I'm still on Nero 7, and I'm perfectly happy with those parts of it that I've installed... essentially Burning ROM, Express, Recode, ShowTime, CoverDesigner, and the tools. CoverDesigner was a toss-up since I also have Acoustica and MediaFACE 5, but it's a decent program so I threw it in. As for the rest of the bloatware, I already have other software in place that does a much better job of anything the other parts of the Nero suite are designed to do. Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition for Soundtrax, Sony Sound Forge 9 for WaveEditor, Sony Vegas Pro 8/DVD Architect 5 & Premiere Pro/After Effects/Encore CS3 for Vision.

Nero 9 Update; NO HD-DVD support

My response from Nero regarding the playback of the vastly superior HD-DVD format and the support for the inferior disgusting cry-baby BluRay format.
Dear valued customer,
thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, the previously offered Blu-ray/HD DVD Video Plug-in does not work with the latest Nero 9 version. The new Blu-ray Disc Authoring Plug-in for Nero 9 is available as an add on. Please purchase it through the following link from our website
http://www.nero.com/eng/bluray-disc-authoring-plugin.html
This plug-in provides the necessary tools to create Blu-ray Discs with HD integrated menus and burning Blu-ray Discs for playback on Playstation® 3 and other Blu-ray Disc players.

Blu Ray and HD DVD playback is unfortunately not possible using Nero 9 at the moment.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Tristan Kleiner
Nero Support

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 13-15
76307 Karlsbad
Germany
Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
{bold added}
So there is NO blue laser support at the moment!

Sounds about right to use the technology you first have to purchase the plugin and the old version 8 plugin is incompatible.

After having Nero9 installed I had issues playing mounted images and system instability. I had to remove Nero9 via the Nero CleanTool and wipe any leftover traces from my system. Even after the tool there are straggling registry entries. It takes 3 runs of CCleaner to remove them all which is a bit sad.

I see zero reasons to upgrade to Nero9 and more than a few reasons to not upgrade. Shame on Nero.

I want to smack Nero devs

Ummm . . .

So, there's a new Nero 9 update out:
Version
9.0.9.4c

Release Date
2008-10-16

File Size
370 MB (388.485.592 bytes)

MD5 checksum
5e0d884d54cd9ec856f68e77e7b8b788

LOL!!! This is painful:

Nero 9 customers who purchased a Downloadable Version (not Retail Box) or currently have Nero 9 Trial version, must follow the steps below to take advantage of the latest Nero 9 Update

Step 1: Run the Nero Clean Tool - this uninstalls your previous version of Nero 9 in preparation for the current Nero 9 update. Nero Clean Tool will also uninstall the following applications - Nero Move it, Nero BackItUp 4 and Nero MediaHome 4 - if installed on your computer. Please make sure to keep record of your current serial numbers for reinstallation of these applications.

Step 2: Download and Install the latest Nero 9 Product Update.

Step 3: Enter in your current Nero 9 serial number to complete installation process.

Step 4: If you own other Nero products (such as Nero BackItUp, Nero Move it, Nero Media Home) you will need to reinstall these products individually.

If you experience any installation issues, please contact Support.

This Software requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 to run on Windows XP.

Last edited:
Sweetness, General Clean Tool informs me,

"Some files cannot be deleted until your computer has been restarted. Please restart your computer now."

I've got to go through this horror show 4 times. :bang:

I don't know if anyone remembers how long it took them to install Nero 9 the first time around, but . . .
for someone as impatient as I am, this process borders on cruelty.

Sweetness, General Clean Tool informs me,

"Some files cannot be deleted until your computer has been restarted. Please restart your computer now."

I've got to go through this horror show 4 times. :bang:

I don't know if anyone remembers how long it took them to install Nero 9 the first time around, but . . .
for someone as impatient as I am, this process borders on cruelty.

Safe Mode maybe?

I know that even with the CleanTool I ran CCleaner 3 times for it to dig out more orphaned and garbage entries to remove.

Were I to install this update I would only be installing Recode & Vision. I have no use for anything else which, consequently, makes my upgrading insanely expensive.

I'm dying . . . I'm witnessing my life flashing before my eyes, and it appears as though I spent most of it installing Nero 9. :eek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• slow.jpg
    slow.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back