• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

thanks for replying mike.

What I really was asking is why did clownbd produce subs with the _exp added this time. I have been using clown for a couple of months now and this is the first time I found _exp subs in the demux folder.

I have just started using Clown to back up my BRs. So far I have had 50% success in achieving my goal. I thought I had figured it out. I am wanting to create a file that will play on my PS3 media server and also an ISO file in case I want to later burn on to a replacement disc. I choose BR and ISO file as video output. An ISO is made which I can mount with virtual drive and plays great on my computer. I also go into the BR folder and copy the "stream" file to "my videos" before deleting it. It says it is a M2TS file. I have done 4 this way. All are recognized by the PS3. 2 will play fine. When I try to play the other 2, the PS3 says "data is corrupt" and won't play. All 4 files play fine on the PC with PowerDVD. Any thoughts?

Update: I think I found the problem. The discs are probably coded with VC-1, which apparently won't play on a PS3. Can that be converted?

Last edited:
I have just started using Clown to back up my BRs. So far I have had 50% success in achieving my goal. I thought I had figured it out. I am wanting to create a file that will play on my PS3 media server and also an ISO file in case I want to later burn on to a replacement disc. I choose BR and ISO file as video output. An ISO is made which I can mount with virtual drive and plays great on my computer. I also go into the BR folder and copy the "stream" file to "my videos" before deleting it. It says it is a M2TS file. I have done 4 this way. All are recognized by the PS3. 2 will play fine. When I try to play the other 2, the PS3 says "data is corrupt" and won't play. All 4 files play fine on the PC with PowerDVD. Any thoughts?

Update: I think I found the problem. The discs are probably coded with VC-1, which apparently won't play on a PS3. Can that be converted?

To convert from VC-1 to AVC you will need to actually encode using a program like Ripbot264 or Handbrake

Forced Subtitles

I have a question about forced subtitles. District 9 has forced subtitles. I ended up selecting all the English subtitles that show with Clown_BD since I have no way of knowing which one are the forced subtitles. My questions are:

1) Is this necessary to select all english subtitles, or will just checking the "Force Subtitles" box in Step 1 automatically detect the forced subtitles?

2) I selected all the English subtitles and was left with the below screenshot files. If I want to mux all the files into an mkv using mkvmerge, would I use "Subtitles_8_English.sup" or "Subtitles_8_English_FORCED.sup"? The "FORCED.sup" is a lot smalled then the other subtitle file, so I didn't know if this was just a placemarker letting me know that Subtitles_7 is a Forced subtitle.

forcedsubs.jpg

You can open them up in BDSup2Sub and see for yourself.

Like the name suggests, the _FORCED are when the aliens speak (or other none English dialogue). The Subtitles_8_English.sup is all subtitles including the forced captions.

Hello,

I did BR and TS with ClownBD but no chapters where used from the original BR.
How can I configure ClownBD to use the chapters from the eoriginal by default?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

HD4me

Set default subtitle track

Hi. I've got a disk where the forced subs are in an extra track and they aren't marked as forced. Is there any option to set the default subtitle track? For DVDs I searched an eternity and found the solution in Ifoedit, where I set the tracks (audio+subs) in the Pre commands. Can I do the same with a Blu Ray structure?

Can someone explain what happens when a BD has a theatrical and an unrated version on the disk? Does Clown BD just take the longer version? I usually only see one stream to select.

Last edited:
I also add "-keepDialnorm" to my INI and am quite happy with doing that once I found out about it.

eac3to should really state "not recommended except for Pioneer amps". Without that setting, TrueHD tracks play back distorted on Pioneer amps, including mine. Details in the main Doom9 eac3to thread for anyone interested.

And my Denon

Can someone explain what happens when a BD has a theatrical and an unrated version on the disk? Does Clown BD just take the longer version? I usually only see one stream to select.

You will normally see at least two entries in the second phase display. One (the director's or unrated cut) will usually be longer than the other and at the top of the list.

Note the running time of the version you are interested in by playing the disc and using the players information display to see the time. Look for that time (within a second or two) in the Clown BD phase two display to select the correct version.

If all else fails, process both (in batch mode) and see which you prefer. Discard the other.

You cannot keep both in the same compact form as the original disc, however.

If you only see one stream, then there is only one on the disc (or there has been a malfunction somewhere). The second phase mentioned above is omitted when there is only one program over 15 mins in length.

Any idea how to remux a ripped blu ray into a single .m2ts file keeping the DTS Master HD intact currently Clown BD works great for Dolby TrueHD but not for DTS Master HD.

Any idea how to remux a ripped blu ray into a single .m2ts file keeping the DTS Master HD intact currently Clown BD works great for Dolby TrueHD but not for DTS Master HD.

You will need to elaborate on your process. In my experience, it works fine for both (as reported by a variety of players).

In what way have you determined that the DTS Master HD is not intact?

What settings are visible on your final page of ClownBD UI (a screenshot may be easiest to debug)?

You will need to elaborate on your process. In my experience, it works fine for both (as reported by a variety of players).

In what way have you determined that the DTS Master HD is not intact?

What settings are visible on your final page of ClownBD UI (a screenshot may be easiest to debug)?

Ok I am using the latest Clone_BD 0.75
Computer Hardware
Intel Core2Duo E8500 @3.6ghz
4gig ram
OS
WinXP sp3

I am using a DIVCO Tvix M6500A to play the media file feeding a Denon 3310 receiver by hdmi which processes the audio and passes the Video on by hdmi to my Samsung PN50B650 1080p Plasma TV. The Denon 3310 has a blue indicator on the front of the display which lights up when either Dolby TrueHD or DTS MasterHD are detected. On my remuxes with Dolby TrueHD from BluRay rips into a single .m2ts the blue hd audio light on the Denon will light up and the Denon front panel display will indicate Dolby TrueHD also the Tvix 6500a will also indicate TrueHD on the audio select menu. However on a remux from a BluRay rip which had a DTS MasterHD audio track when played back by the Tvix the audio select menu will only indicate DTS and the Denon 3310 will not have the blue HD audio indicator lit and the Denon front panel display will only indicate DTS ES not DTS Master HD. If I play the BluRay disk or in my BluRay player or use the Tvix to play the ripped files the Denon will detect the DTS Master HD lighting up the blue HD audio indicator and showing DTS Master HD on the front panel display. So it looks like Clone_BD is only remuxing the DTS core from the DTS Master HD audio.

In Clone_BD I only have the HD audio selected and the audio option is set for unconvert which as I said seems to be working fine for Dolby TrueHD I just do not know what I need to do different to get the DTS Master HD audio to work in the remuxed file.

Last edited:
It sounds like you are pretty well versed in your Tivx, but are you aware that asking it to play a .m2ts file is asking it to work with one hand tied behind its back?

I see that there is (was?) firmware for the device that would allow it to play ISO disc structures. The developer of ClownBD commented extensively on it in this thread.

The problem you are having is common to almost all players when they do not have the full BD structure to work with (wrong audio track because there is not enough information in an .m2ts file to make an intelligent choice, so they guess - often badly.) Full disc images have a directory of audio and video tracks not present in an .m2ts file, permitting a more informed choice.

Have you loaded firmware that supports ISO playback and, if so, does this problem occur?

Beyond that (and in all ClownBD matters), I would defer to mike_r, who apparently has a device like yours.

Well actually I know the Tvix will play a remuxed single .m2ts file with DTS MasterHD as I downloaded one and the DTS MasterHD worked fine I just have not figured out how to make one myself from my own BluRay rips. As for BluRay ISO yes the Tvix 6500a will play them but only from either an usb2.0 attached hdd or the internal hdd playback from a network storage device is spotty at best I have no problem playing full BluRay rips from my network storage and playing back a BluRay ISO will work somewhat I end up with multiple video and audio drop outs which seem to be related to both audio and video bitrate as that increases the drop outs increase. I do not think the Tvix processor is fast enough to handle the extra overhead required to process the ISO when being streamed from a network source as bitrate increases causing the drop outs as to firmware I am using with the Tvix I am using 1.3x as for me it seems to be more stable than some of the newer 1.4x and 1.5x version. The 1.3x version does support BluRay Lite playback as both folder structure and ISO. It also supports .m2ts BluRay file playback the reason I am wanting to remux from the ripped folder structure is to save some storage room removing the extra un-needed audio tracks and subtitles along with other extras and video tracks. I am not using a .mkv setup because I want to keep the HD audio.

I interpret that long explanation as: "No, I have not tried ISO playback to see if it deals with this problem."

If you did (even if it is not the ultimate solution), we would know whether the problem is one of Tivx guessing wrong or a problem with the mux.

Can someone take pity on a noob?

Ok, I tried reading through some of this thread but at over 200 pages, I almost fainted :disagree:

I _LOVE_ this tool because it makes things easy, but since I don't yet know whether to rip blu-rays into .mkv, .m2ts, or .iso files (movie/audio + subs only), I thought I'd try it all.

I used MakeMKV to create a movie only mkv file and everything played great in windows media player (might be the CCCP pack/codecs?)

Now I thought I'd use ClownBD to make a .m2ts and try it. Main movie only with TrueHD audio track and I selected the forced subs to test it out.

The .m2ts plays on windows media player but no audio. Also, I don't see any subs but MediaInfo shows the subs are imbedded.

Did I do something wrong? I'm now ripping the same thing to .iso with ClownBD (only main track + TrueHD audio + forced subs) and will move the .mkv, .iso, and .m2ts to my WD TV Live device to see what changes.

It just takes time to copy that all over so was trying it on my PC first.

Did I do something wrong or can windows media player not support TrueHD? If not, I wonder how it played it for .mkv and is that why that is a more popular format?

THANKS in advance!

Back