• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Like Whoa

Its better the keep the files first. sometimes (very rare), the final product is flawed and it is with these 'temporary' files that you can manual run TSremux to fix the problems.

I'll keep that in mind for the future. What's really crazy is that I just did Firefly (Disc 1) that was originally 48Gigs and now it's a beautiful 22Gigs. Unbelieveable how much space those audio tracks take up!!?!?! :aiee:

In step 3 of clownBD, if i choose NOT to have chapters, tsmuxer defaults to 5min chapters, thereby not giving me what I want... which is no chapters. is there a way for clownBD to give me nil chapters or is running tsmuxer manually the only way?

in batch mode, edit the .meta file manually before you execute the .BAT.

@ mike_r

Asking if you would re-consider keeping Clown_BD alive and working well, even when Slysoft Clone BD (or whatever name they will call it) comes on board.

There is plenty of room in my DVD toolbox for Clown_BD AND Slysoft Clone BD to work together and in harmony. You have a VERY GOOD software program, and myself and other DVD fans would like to see Clown_BD stay alive.

Its hard to find great software programs like Clown_BD that fight against the corrupt movie studios, and the bias laws that protect the movie studios.

Please re-consider keeping Clown_BD alive and well. I have 15 to 20 software programs on this computer and they ALL do similiar functions from ripping to burning, and I use them ALL.

:agree:

If CloneBD works better (which I'm hoping) than Clown_BD then there is no reason to keep on maintaining it. However, if there is need for it then of course it'll stay. Only time will tell.

Just got a Pioneer Blu-ray burner. Today is my first attempt at creating a backup of one of my Blu-ray movies. When you rip the movie to the hard drive and then run Clown BD with txmuxer and all that, does it automatically downsize the entire movie file to 23.2 GB (this is the file size after demuxing)? That is my final result. Also, after demuxing do I need to do anything else at all or can I take the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder and burn those to a blank BD-R? Just want some clarification before I move forward.

Last edited:
When you rip the movie to the hard drive...

You don't need to rip 1st. You can set the movie source to the Blu-Ray drive.

does it automatically downsize the entire movie file to 23.2 GB (this is the file size after demuxing)?

No, it removed the extras and the languages you didn't select. Depending on the movie this can result intoany file size between ca.12 and 35gb. Normally 20gb is about normal.

can I take the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder and burn those to a blank BD-R?

Yes,. You can even get Clown_BD to call ImgBurn directly at the end to handle the burning.

Thanks for the reply. How exactly would I go about not ripping a movie and instead writing it straight to the BD-R? I'm sure there is a sticky thread that explains this, but I couldn't find anything on it (either that or I did not get it when reading through). Also, what does everyone here recommend for compressing in order to get the file(s) burned to a 25GB disc?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. How exactly would I go about not ripping a movie and instead writing it straight to the BD-R? I'm sure there is a sticky thread that explains this, but I couldn't find anything on it (either that or I did not get it when reading through). Also, what does everyone here recommend for compressing in order to get the file(s) burned to a 25GB disc?

You are better off ripping it to the HD first.

I am really confused on Terminator 2 (Skynet Edition). I would assume this is one of those seamless branching titles. I have no idea what to do. I ripped the full disc to my hard drive, but I am having major issues trying to figure things out. I ran BDInfo and this is what I got (pic below). There seems to be multiple playlists that are near the same length. Would someone please explain what I need to do in Clown BD in order to back up and burn just the movie? What I am most having trouble with is selecting a stream file or whatever to backup the main movie. Maybe its jsut me and I'm thinking too hard, but right now this is over my head and its a little frustrating. Perhaps someone has experienced backing this movie up before that can help?

http://i48.tinypic.com/24d3qch.png

Also, the disc has DTS HD MA. What audio and settings would I select. Seems like there is a bunch of audio streams. In Clown BD when you are selecting the video and audio do you click on DTS and then click DTS MA on the right or are all of them supposed to be selected (ACD, DTS HD MA, etc)? What do you guys usually do to get the DTS HD? I did attempt to backup T2, but my audio says DTS HD-ES Mtrx. Not sure if I got the 1.5 MB DTS track or what. I have yet to burn it to a disc because I think I did not do the audio right.

I am new to this program. I am trying to back up my BRs to a hard drive to use on a media server. I would like to be able to have my PS3 recognize and play the files. Possibly also the Verizon FIOS media manager play them as well (all though I don't think they will). And lastly possibly burn them to BD-R when I get a burner and the price of blanks comes down a bit. What is the best output format to choose? Thanks

Tried my first disc today, District 9. All seems to have worked well, except when I playback with Windows Media Player, there is a dialogue on top of the soundtrack athat sounds like a narrator for the blind, as if to explain what is happening on the screen. I chose unconverted and LPCM on the output audio format. What do I need to do to get rid of the narration? Also, I am not able to advance through chapters. The buttons for forward and rewind are greyed out. Only pause/play button is operational. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Hello!

I have a strange problem with I,Robot, FDK1 und FDK2 (disc's with DTS HD audio track): audio is perfect, but the picture is jerking.

Here are my logfiles:

tsmuxer:

PHP:
CommandLine="C:\BD\Clown_BD\tsMuxeR\tsMuxeR.exe" "C:\BD\TempEac3to\TempEac3to.meta" "C:\BD\TempRemux\TempEac3to"

SmartLabs tsMuxeR.  Version 1.10.6  http://www.smlabs.net                       
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1  Resolution: 1920:1080p  Frame
H.264 muxing fps not set. Get fps from stream.                                  
H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=23.976                      
0.0% complete                                                                   
H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units       
Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 768Kbps  Sample Rate: 48KHz  Channels: 5
.1                                                                              
Decoding PGS stream (track 3):  Resolution: 1920:1080  Frame rate: 23.976       
100.0% complete                                                                 
Processed 165056 video frames                                                   
100.0% complete                                                                 
Creation of Blu-ray playlist                                                    
Creation of Blu-ray stream info and seek index                                  
Mux successful complete.                                                        
Muxing time: 21 min 37 sec

eacto_PASS1.log

PHP:
eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\BD\Clown_BD\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\BD\IROBOT_F1" -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\BD\TempEac3to\LOGS\eac3to_PASS1_LOG.LOG"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) 00001.mpls, 00001.m2ts+00002.m2ts, 1:54:44
   - Chapters, 39 chapters
   - h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
   - DTS Master Audio, English, multi-channel, 48khz
   - DTS, French, multi-channel, 48khz
   - DTS, German, multi-channel, 48khz
   - AC3, English, stereo, 48khz

2) 00003.mpls, 1:16:34
   [5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15].m2ts
   - Chapters, 33 chapters
   - h264/AVC, 480i60 /1.001 (16:9)

3) 00044.mpls, 0:35:58
   [21+22+23+15].m2ts
   - Chapters, 9 chapters

4) 00038.mpls, 0:21:30
   [16+17+18+19+20+15].m2ts
   - Chapters, 5 chapters

eacto_PASS2.log

PHP:
eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\BD\Clown_BD\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\BD\IROBOT_F1" 1) -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\BD\TempEac3to\LOGS\eac3to_PASS2_LOG.LOG"
M2TS, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 18 subtitle tracks, 1:54:44, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 39 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
4: DTS, French, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
5: DTS, German, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -3ms
7: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), French
10: Subtitle (PGS), French
11: Subtitle (PGS), German
12: Subtitle (PGS), German
13: Subtitle (PGS), Danish
14: Subtitle (PGS), Finnish
15: Subtitle (PGS), Norwegian
16: Subtitle (PGS), Swedish
17: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
18: Subtitle (PGS), English
19: Subtitle (PGS), French
20: Subtitle (PGS), German
21: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
22: Subtitle (PGS), English
23: Subtitle (PGS), French
24: Subtitle (PGS), German

eacto_PASS3.log

PHP:
eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\BD\Clown_BD\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\BD\IROBOT_F1" 1) 1: "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Kapitel_1.txt" 2: "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Video_2.*" 5: "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Audio_5_German.DTS" 12: "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Untertitel_12_German.sup" -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\BD\TempEac3to\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"
M2TS, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 18 subtitle tracks, 1:54:44, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 39 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
4: DTS, French, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
5: DTS, German, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -3ms
7: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), French
10: Subtitle (PGS), French
11: Subtitle (PGS), German
12: Subtitle (PGS), German
13: Subtitle (PGS), Danish
14: Subtitle (PGS), Finnish
15: Subtitle (PGS), Norwegian
16: Subtitle (PGS), Swedish
17: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
18: Subtitle (PGS), English
19: Subtitle (PGS), French
20: Subtitle (PGS), German
21: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
22: Subtitle (PGS), English
23: Subtitle (PGS), French
24: Subtitle (PGS), German
Creating file "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Kapitel_1.txt"...
[s12] Extracting subtitle track number 12...
[a05] Extracting audio track number 5...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Creating file "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Video_2.h264"...
[a05] Creating file "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Audio_5_German.DTS"...
[s12] Creating file "C:\BD\TempEac3to\Untertitel_12_German.sup"...
Video track 2 contains 165056 frames.
Subtitle track 12 contains 19 captions.
eac3to processing took 15 minutes, 58 seconds.
Done.

Clown_BD Settings

PHP:
[Version]
INIVersion=v0.75
[Input]
PathToBD=C:\BD\IROBOT_F1
Input_Format=BDMV
[Output]
PathToDMX=C:\BD\TempEac3to
PathToRMX=C:\BD\TempRemux
PathToISO=C:\BD\ISO
[Application_Locations]
PathToEAC=C:\BD\Clown_BD\eac3to\eac3to.exe
PathToTSM=C:\BD\Clown_BD\tsMuxeR\tsMuxeR.exe
IfUseTSM=1
PathToIMG=C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe
IfUseIMG=0
ISOorBURN=0
PathToWAV=C:\Windows\Media\tada.wav
IfPlayWAV=1
[Audio]
AOutput_Format=.AC3
AC3Quality=
DTSQuality=
DTSCore=0
UseAudioAsIs=1
eac3toAExtras=
[Video]
VOutput_Format=
ChangeFPS=
eac3toVExtras=
[StartUp]
IfShowOptions=0
LastXPos=717
LastYPos=202
[Versions]
IfWarnEAC=0
IfWarnTSM=0
IfWarnJAVA=0
[Preferences]
OrderAudioLang=GERMAN
OrderSubLang=GERMAN
[Options]
GUILanguage=DE
IfShutdown=0
IfCloseGUI=1
IfShowDOSBox=0
IfUseAVCHD=0
IfUseNMT=0
IfUseNMT_ASIS=1
IfUseNMT_PCM=1
IfUseNMT_AC3=0
IfUseNMT_DTS=0
IfForceCaptions=1
AutoCloseLog_Timer=10000
Allow_Internet=1
ifSplitChapters=0
IfChop1Second=0
[BATFile]
ifExecuteOrBAT=0
[PostProcess]
PostProcess=

Setup: Windows 7 64Bit - (tested with different BD-R).

Strange is that I have this kind of problem only on disc's with DTS HD audio tracks (normal disc's with standard DTS are working without any problem).

Thanks for your help!

Tried my first disc today, District 9. All seems to have worked well, except when I playback with Windows Media Player, there is a dialogue on top of the soundtrack athat sounds like a narrator for the blind, as if to explain what is happening on the screen. I chose unconverted and LPCM on the output audio format. What do I need to do to get rid of the narration?

This is FAQ #1. You can't play your .m2ts and expect HD to work. Make and ISO and mount it with Virtual Clone Drive and play back with PowerDVD. Alternatively find the audio track you want (one only) and convert it to DTS core or AC3.

Also, I am not able to advance through chapters. The buttons for forward and rewind are greyed out. Only pause/play button is operational. Is that normal?

Same reason. You can't play back an .m2ts file and expect it to behave like an BD.

I have a strange problem with I,Robot, FDK1 und FDK2 (disc's with DTS HD audio track): audio is perfect, but the picture is jerking.

How are you playing back? Does this also happen with the original disks?

How are you playing back? Does this also happen with the original disks?

No - the original disks are perfect! I tried the backups on my Pioneer BDP-51FD (on my PC I havn't any problem).

I remember once seeing a table of what players play what format on Doom9 (I can't find it just now). Some players objected to BD-Rs, some to BD-REs, some needed the AVCHD flag, some not.

I'd suggest you dig around there. If you can't find anything, then perhaps running the output through tsMuxeRGUI again and selecting AVCHD might be worth a try?

I am new to this program. I am trying to back up my BRs to a hard drive to use on a media server. I would like to be able to have my PS3 recognize and play the files. Possibly also the Verizon FIOS media manager play them as well (all though I don't think they will). And lastly possibly burn them to BD-R when I get a burner and the price of blanks comes down a bit. What is the best output format to choose? Thanks

Thanks for the reply Mike. What about this other question? Do you have a recommendation as to what type of file a Playstation 3 could pick up with it's media server will recognize and play?

Back