• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Looking for new Alpha Testers [Do NOT apply without reading the requirements]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to join the team

I am a little late as well and I'd also like to join the team

I have a LG GGW-H20L (Blu-Ray Writer, HD-DVD ROM) and several BD Movies

My test BD play environment (for BD's and mini BD's on DVD5&9) are the PS3 and Samsung 2550.

I will send any generated log-, dump-, and info-files if I encounter errors

I've been programming from the C64 & TRS80 days, and have been working with CLI's from the CP/M 2.2 days. (I still have Windows floppies for 1.0, 2.1, 386 and 3.1 - I'm a nostalgic junkie)

I hope I get accepted!

hi can i also be added to the alpha testing please

I have a LG GGW-H20L (Blu-Ray Writer, HD-DVD ROM) and 20+ bd and hd-dvd movies

i also have a ps3 to test on.

im also confident with CLI's and will send any logs ect.

Time for our next installment of the qualifications/requirements...

It's time again to post the requirements for becoming an Alpha Tester:

As you might already know SlySoft is currently developing a new Clone Application for High-Definition Media.

And we are now looking for Alpha Testers. If you qualify you can apply as a new alpha tester. Qualifications are:

- you have a BD/HD-DVD drive
- you have at least 1 BD/HD-DVD media
- you are familiar with a CUI application (yes it's currently a command line program)
- you are able to send generated log-, dump-, and info-files
- you know the difference between Alpha, Beta and Final version

Don't expect anything. Don't demand anything. Don't suggest anything.

If you qualify and are still interested then post your name here.

and

You have to be a member for at least 6 months and have more than 50 posts. Exceptions are possible but you have to convince me.

and

There are still some seats available for Non-US users. That is UK, Western Europe, Europe, Australia and Asia, Japan. And the rest of the world. If you could state your media region again.

and

There has been an addition to the requirements. The requirement really isn't new but simply wasn't explicitly stated. Quite frankly, it's a given.

Anyone who wants to be a tester or becomes a tester must actively participate in the process. This isn't a game. This isn't for fun.

If a person is made a tester and then isn't around or doesn't take part then they will lose their status. It's very simple.

and lastly and most importantly:

No more seats available for US (Canada), Western Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, ...), UK and Australia.

It means you need to say where you are from when you actually apply and if you are from any of the regions in the quote above then there's no point applying.

If you are selected:

Again, if you have been approved you can go here

<link removed>

And if you are: You are not allowed to tell others that you have been approved. Otherwise we revoke your status.

Last edited:
No more seats available for US (Canada), Western Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, ...), UK and Australia.

hi Fernando!

Okay, I got it. But thanks anyway.
Maybe you put up a thread in the future in which you need Beta Testers.

But Fernando, can you light a fire under matthew, so that he replies to my GameJackal stuff, so that we can get that GameJackal issues fixed soon?

Thank you!
BurnerHEAD

I would like to try the new software, Have all the gear BL/HD Driver's,4TB hardisk space loads of room.

OK - Got it - No more from the US - I'm from the good old US of A.

Tx for the clarifications!

Beta Tester

Hi There,

New to this Blu-ray stuff myself, But when you need Beta Testers I'm sure interested.

Thanks

clonebd interest

Hello,

I'm also interested in testing the beta version
I have an external BD/HDDVD burner from LG and several free disk to test
BD-R and BD-RE

Already released some backup with other tools

Regards

Alain

hope you test it under win7 beta 1 too so that i can use it if it is ready :agree:

SlySoft has a crazy developer that uses 2008 R2 Beta (soon) - so don't you worry.

hope you test it under win7 beta 1 too so that i can use it if it is ready :agree:

Why test something under a beta build of an operating system, that makes no sense as it still may not work under the final release of the OS

I'm also interested in testing the beta version
I have LG GGW-H20L, i also have about 15-20 hddvd movies and 18 blu ray movies
i also have a Pioneer BDP-LX71 (europe) to test on

not to sound like a pain but fernando has already stated the requirments to be able to beta test and you dont qualify everyone should really read the whole thread so the people at slysoft dont have to always repeat themselves

Beta tester ...

Hey Bigrick,

I hear where your coming from. I'm not asking to be an alpha tester, but just thought I'd chime in and ask about being a BETA TESTER. I know it's way to early and was mostly kidding. I've seen all the people with only one post wanting to be alpha testers and I understand what your saying.

After reading the requirements of being a tester I noticed over and over that lots of people didn't have what was required.

I'm sorry if I sounded like the others but that is why I used the word BETA in my post.

See ya later

I'm also interested in testing.

I have LG GGW-H20L, GGC-H20L burner / reader and over one hundred HD-DVDs and BDs and always buy the newest ones!

Tester

Interested in testing.

Own 2 Blu Ray / HD-DVD combo drives (one internal one external of GGW-H20L with YL05 firmware)

Own about 160+ HD-DVD titles (tried to purchase all of them I could) and around 30 Blu Ray titles.

Understand command prompts pretty well (even though I code in LabVIEW, I still get around in OS/X and Slackware)

TheVoiceOver

not to sound like a pain but fernando has already stated the requirments to be able to beta test and you dont qualify everyone should really read the whole thread so the people at slysoft dont have to always repeat themselves
Still getting people who haven't read through the thread and actually looked at the full requirements or information they need to post to find out if they qualify

- I have two BD/HD-DVD drive: IODATA BRD-SH6B (LG GGW-H20N) and SONY BWU-200S
- I have a lot of blank BD-R and over 200 BD titles
- I am used to working under console environment with 4NT (aka JPSoft's 4DOS)
- I am able to send generated log-, dump-, and info-files
- I know the difference between Alpha, Beta and Final version
- Region: Taiwan (Asia), Region A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back