• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

There is no flag.

I was referring to the condition James uses to test for makeMKV having removed bus protection for the disc.

I seem to remember something about All Regions showing up, or something similar, being the flag he uses to detect that...

Another thing. The AnyDVD with MakeMKV log doesn't show the "illegal region thing" for the drive. It looks like Libre Drive just does nothing.

Oh ok.

Yes, I believe that's the makeMKV "flag" I was referencing.

Maybe on this drive it's just not resulting in this condition, even though makeMKV has actually removed protection???

Quick question: If the disc doesn't have bus-protection in the first place, would AnyDVD not properly process it whether makeMKV already "did it's thing" or not?

I ask that because Morbius has no bus protection - yet @rdodolak seemed to indicate it had a bogus OPD generated along with the others...

I could flash such a firmware for some investigation if you think it will be helpful. Then just post some log files.
Would be intresting to see what happens there.
And maybe we should move this troubleshooting discuission to a separate thread?

Yes, looks like this may take some investigation.

@rdodolak , better to sidebar it into its own thread.

I'll post the final results here for List users to know the outcome since it affects so many things List-related...

...that's also why I wanted this test done because this looks like a makemkv issue more than anything.

Really does!

T

Last edited:
Code:
LABEL:    LAWRENCE_OF_ARABIA_DISC_2
OPD:    BD_36e60b9bb5fa
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
IjsFN8q8LnSwpTrE8O/VA9Mpba7+ocakPs5g6JPVNOuPefwvhP3H1vSkeUQSCz2qQc7Olg7/FUfAkFL9SpV21FWFv9mIrT5t5pLBaRN4EjN341K1dFxpp7GicxxNDcpesxkxA0Jashc658y0qMAH69MLaVuT53ANmmoRCmw5BCIK5tWDFNSmZI35K7jNVa2KvCB945WUg28igrpHnqm5fDmCSr6IAoyj/eyXrH7kV1umvx4Y5gq5uDOE5jY0jofcWXsAUzdKsybjR1+gjM0x8zAmNOzuVvajJyoA//QnzJImC7bdI/OPq2wLEzSQe2tg
[/REPORT]
-----

I was referring to the condition James uses to test for makeMKV having removed bus protection for the disc.

I seem to remember something about All Regions showing up, or something similar, being the flag he uses to detect that...

Not anymore. That doesn't work on Pioneer drives.

Yes, I believe that's the makeMKV "flag" I was referencing.

Maybe on this drive it's just not resulting in this condition, even though makeMKV has actually removed protection???

Again not a flag. Just something to look for in the log. AnyDVD is not using that.

Quick question: If the disc doesn't have bus-protection in the first place, would AnyDVD not properly process it whether makeMKV already "did it's thing" or not?

I ask that because Morbius has no bus protection - yet @rdodolak seemed to indicate it had a bogus OPD generated along with the others...

All UHD's have bus protection. AnyDVD has absolutely no way of knowing if MakeMKV removed bus encryption or not. There's no flag that says "yes it's removed". All AnyDVD does is run a couple commands to verify that the drive is LibreDrive compatible and then assumes LibreDrive did its thing on the next command. That's it.

Code:
LABEL:    LAWRENCE_OF_ARABIA_DISC_2
OPD:    BD_36e60b9bb5fa
-----

Applied, thanks Rick0.

I remember Disc 1 from this set was supported last key day, but this disc is not there yet.

Hopefully next key day will bring good news....

Not anymore. That doesn't work on Pioneer drives.

Oh ok.

All UHD's have bus protection.

Ofc, you're right.

I accidentally checked the Morbius Blu-Ray, which happened to be in the drive at the time - but I should have remembered that and known better. :confused:

All AnyDVD does is run a couple commands to verify that the drive is LibreDrive compatible and then assumes LibreDrive did its thing on the next command. That's it.

Ouch!

So it takes it on faith that if the drive is LibreDrive-compatible and makeMKV is installed, makeMKV already handled bus protection?

Wow, I was thinking in rdodolak's case both makeMKV and AnyDVD were "removing" bus encryption and causing issues, but based on what James and you are saying, sounds like it's the opposite.

Neither is - lol.

T

So it takes it on faith that if the drive is LibreDrive-compatible and makeMKV is installed, makeMKV already handled bus protection?

It's not quite that simple, no. But it has no definitive way to know that bus encryption has been removed or that the drive is in fact under the magic spell of LibreDrive control. It does exactly what I said....first runs a check to see if the drive is compatible with the currently installed SBF for LibreDrive. If yes, then it runs the command to enable LibreDrive and then waits. It doesn't necessarily even know when it's completed that which is why James gets grumpy about the whole house of cards. LOL I've asked for MakeMKV to offer some kind of "yes the drive is under the LibreDrive sorcery" kind of output but that has not happened yet. So we're in this current unpleasant situation. When it was just LG drives with the weird region code, things were slightly simpler. More or less. But the Pio drives changed all that. But the assumption is that if LibreDrive reports as supporting a drive, AnyDVD doesn't assume it's lying about that. However, something in his case is going wrong with MakeMKV which is why I detailed how to create a protected image with just MakeMKV and ImgBurn. If that fails, AnyDVD is off the hook. My gut says there's 1 of two possibilities here. 1) MakeMKV isn't working right on that particular drive for whatever reason or 2) James will kick me square in the unfun place for even suggesting this but it's possible AnyDVD isn't waiting long enough for MakeMKV to do its magic and enable LibreDrive. Those are the only two real possibilities here as MakeMKV is reporting the drive is supported.

If yes, then it runs the command to enable LibreDrive and then waits.

Alright, that's the part I didn't get from your previous explanation.

Sounds way more reasonable.

It doesn't necessarily even know when it's completed that which is why James gets grumpy about the whole house of cards.

Don't blame him.

Some kind of flag raised or handshake would be so much cleaner... :=p

I've asked for MakeMKV to offer some kind of "yes the drive is under the LibreDrive sorcery" kind of output but that has not happened yet. So we're in this current unpleasant situation.

Ok.

Unfortunate, but hopefully makeMKV can offer that at some point.

My gut says there's 1 of two possibilities here. 1) MakeMKV isn't working right on that particular drive for whatever reason or 2) James will kick me square in the unfun place for even suggesting this but it's possible AnyDVD isn't waiting long enough for MakeMKV to do its magic and enable LibreDrive. Those are the only two real possibilities here as MakeMKV is reporting the drive is supported.

Sounds completely logical.

Kind of hoping it's some malfunction on makeMKV's end and only occurs in a very specific set of circumstances which rdodolak happens to be experiencing.

Guess I'm now seeing the difficulty in the current AnyDVD/makeMKV integration -- hope the current issue doesn't become a showstopper for any reason.

T

Code:
Title:    The Contractor
CoR:    USA US
LABEL:    THE_CONTRACTOR
OPD:    BD_9215a102ae7a
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
U7RfIJqiA4ss9n5AuFfJpO1JjH2XrK+wqCZ4AwIfW8HPg1+q4Gv/jvAflaPKWbOP2ElTSyNF27eB/QkolcJSRuHserGM1ZKleq1vUhiGg57WGy54+MtLDfd18Vwihbi7kDRwh8anl10XJoJsoVKDX57rOSo0lNCStJxhtO0SHhZ7Laj6mb4RhQLWxkf39trNtt7MSJ5jdOzf38rXY1nFLXsIKLcZhiMA81CnA2FcPLhU2Pu5Z+jw0PYX6M9BNbQrN/tR1cw+6Pk2Qo83kmKljw0XooecmktbBH9lTJTq58L4s3isXpWZUj/jdNNt3RG3G4oWqr7hnDs6q08kmmakpA==
[/REPORT]
-----

Guess I'm now seeing the difficulty in the current AnyDVD/makeMKV integration -- hope the current issue doesn't become a showstopper for any reason.

It won't. We've all been using it for months now. It's not without its issues. James has already had to work around a few things. For me it just works. I did my Morbius disc like the rest of you without issue. (And no I didn't post mine since you have it. I figured if you can't get updates for that one there's a VERY big problem somewhere lol). That's on my Pio drive using AnyDVD/LibreDrive. So we know it works 99% of the time. It's the 1% of the time that's irritating James (rightly so).

Code:
Title:    Back to the Future - The Ultimate Trilogy - Part 1
Vendor:    Amazon
LABEL:    BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE
OPD:    BD_a4151127438c
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
CAJPpw2oLKAHYB6nXeUitaE+0Sm5AVos92S0D/qmqtYSo3vGH1ZU813BJhV/xQj3cIb0CcNRD7CR9coMhRMQvwe3/usi0cEB9EPNFQH/EM65ribAc6NcbDpYD367pXo4YnyqL7OPYRbOfhgK5/07kCSICGNeWVInym2ZGCSP6LPL4GY5h3ucevp7Ag+ikDRrd1E8mjMkcHyv3b+p4jX3dXegrccn039VZ65hViaawUQ0Qp6EfebVD9kviHL3WcOhjpkOlIi0y/wG036t0NgM/AaUbeCNYQxP5IaRAdcVsqZwyRzs0ukmboqMHx98R3OzhiRvB56ZHH8Nk6XXnklmw3InN3/cas4jcJ1wYSDb1yppULyzT/EWkCYM2rJzJiex+LjQ9t38/0yzSelplKBpUw==
[/REPORT]
-----

Part 2 and Part 3 of this Ultimate Trilogy boxset work, but not the first movie.

It won't. We've all been using it for months now. It's not without its issues. James has already had to work around a few things. For me it just works. I did my Morbius disc like the rest of you without issue. (And no I didn't post mine since you have it. I figured if you can't get updates for that one there's a VERY big problem somewhere lol). That's on my Pio drive using AnyDVD/LibreDrive. So we know it works 99% of the time. It's the 1% of the time that's irritating James (rightly so).
We will find some tricks to address this. I'm sure. Just thinking about it..... But yes, the so called Libredrive_API was never released and that would be the cleanest way.

Code:
LABEL:   INCEPTION
OPD:   BD_bf29588960be
-----
LABEL:   PACIFIC_RIM
OPD:   BD_ae69c071a87b
-----
LABEL:   VALERIAN
OPD:   BD_a8e16353fffa
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
rxLXGT3UMj/M178CRT3oXoApOOXxabBylSu2WbceOM3QPqacYEsbLxEVDwARtXXWtPAZlXgs0YmjnLf8F23iW63WpmdhymEwSF/+qMgvOgg3AhkbPq1Ko35TmIJ+jTGz1IWPgcY+LX6kLrOb5W1MkmKvHDL68roBOLP1VC0SiYHuyjWf80W0+4AtZeHk4k4CkquR3DfneMRGz5PxcbI6YdSryD0FA/LKp6M6LZ+gYnI5FQSTCT2l62cfLHcedkL6AJpNYTHv1hQxwuD9OpbtECCT+0EZNKIcNhfZIbDGXuRac5fLpclIGraMQ7c+Zaimurgvwa2bTqCQ1ZI3P/6JrnoHhUOgic6buvV6MHg+KDvHHwlqmZFqHmk7kcyGdSJEHCGqgkzyBnO9sV9Xx1XxvMuAGCkA1sum6vmZi690nPY1x9VA+295sHSXmhFSUCpcwNt+wsDhr+drFMBvHDzbAvKvzH2wPNbRoJlP618wV18TYcSHY9Cu6YSSnUXrRTSMWwUkzRbRYltZXPHV2dF25n3NmE6v0ivvGgH63tTEvucg2CweoJOguduMXowXq9g3uJrt0dRzfKJVbYXN+GP+CA==
[/REPORT]
-----

Another thing. The AnyDVD with MakeMKV log doesn't show the "illegal region thing" for the drive. It looks like Libre Drive just does nothing. And maybe we should move this troubleshooting discuission to a separate thread?

Working on the ISO now. Can the posts for this part of the discussin be moved to a new thread? If not, I'll create a new one once I've completed the steps posted by SamuriHL.

EDIT: new thread can be found here:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/different-opds-with-makemkv-installed-re-cloak-and-dagger.84902/

EDIT: Got this fixed.

Last edited:
Code:
-----

See coming pm.

I did my Morbius disc like the rest of you without issue. (And no I didn't post mine since you have it...

Yeah, I have that title covered.

Code:
Title:    Back to the Future - The Ultimate Trilogy - Part 1
Vendor:    Amazon
LABEL:    BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE
OPD:    BD_a4151127438c
-----

Part 2 and Part 3 of this Ultimate Trilogy boxset work, but not the first movie.

Added.

This is an oldie.

Gotta be at least 2 years since released, I'm thinking.

Surprising there are still unsupported versions out there.

Code:
LABEL:   INCEPTION
OPD:   BD_bf29588960be
-----
LABEL:   PACIFIC_RIM
OPD:   BD_ae69c071a87b
-----
LABEL:   VALERIAN
OPD:   BD_a8e16353fffa
-----

All your titles are updated now.

Thanks, salteran.

Can the posts for this part of the discussin be moved to a new thread?

No, posts can't be deleted from this thread in order to preserve post numbering, which is recorded for every Scanner submission.

Glad you were able to just open a new thread topic.

EDIT: Got this fixed.

And I'm so glad!!

Guys, it turned out to be a glitch in rdodolak's makeMKV installation, which he was able to completely re-install -- and that fixed the problem.

AnyDVD is solid and has no issue whatsoever.

Whoohoo!

Good debugging SamuriHL and rdodolak!

Sorry to alarm you @James , just a user environment-specific problem independent of AnyDVD -- as I had hoped. :)

T

Code:
Title:    Beetlejuice
LABEL:    BEETLEJUICE
OPD:    BD_3238e0c2ee2e
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
bVYZgWam5T6MwS1+7R0t7TJLR4A9NcA588yUpHQptnYRMuZGysPSqi44INQRlimWvWDI37hiICDmlAXglNakx9mpg9iHu6x3GBOznDLEoILJDzab4wSJtSl7dzHHjoxJdae/RjDVt0etA3UB3Dyh95ULYN0/vrYmD0xUKNe0Aoo3PRAtm/T5MEG/cjUfvYrsgDMIdZRnh0+XyAHmtn0fQivVgY7lPC2urzpWu+V+/rGfR09u9zqxECk+HIzaYuHEPYf5hoSpbHRlU+GY+asfpdTfm4wuyYihEp8mwQFyW4bMpEMfoVRF1S0WjSHXW5nGjWB0CFsDbklGc9aQGb1T2A==
[/REPORT]
-----

Code:
Title:    Shaft
LABEL:    SHAFT
OPD:    BD_0526369c7a28
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
bVYZgWam5T6MwS1+7R0t7TJLR4A9NcA588yUpHQptnZwI6fueAiGLqSduiM392dQ3vGtm22adTA6b24ZUZWuRi5Jq3t7FB+8uWie8gt0Kag5q1iPF8d/gk9y+ldEiXfLw6BfTOEFKgrYSQU7Zjqjo7oLCnzc8ppD9iXuomhZ0TgWQn1A4ksiRimdeBfvoRFCrl5hgEfi4Wvm9c9HqEOponG1vl+UKC64wiuYWleuCJwY53SlDomWijGfx+yDS6mFWz1jP6AxieQ4JUTZaTwFHrAV3ll56yu7+JxvDk0oPekQykuNegzRgywL5iqm2g0E
[/REPORT]
-----

Code:
-----

I'm assuming this is the recent 2022 movie since I don't see a UHD release in the US for any of the earlier movies with that title.

If it's not the 2022 one, let me know...

Added.

Code:
Title:    Beetlejuice
LABEL:    BEETLEJUICE
OPD:    BD_3238e0c2ee2e
-----

Code:
Title:    Shaft
LABEL:    SHAFT
OPD:    BD_0526369c7a28
-----

Welcome chiricocuvie!

Since you're new to the thread and to using the Scanner let me explain...

... you should group all your title together by doing this:

"Scan" all your titles in the Scanner one-by-one -- and only after you've scanned them all, then hit "Prepare Forum Post".

That creates a single report that includes all your titles.

So, I'm gonna assume this is the original Shaft from 1971 since that UHD was just released.

If it's the 2019 movie, please let me know asap!

Added.

T

Welcome chiricocuvie!

Since you're new to the thread and to using the Scanner let me explain...

... you should group all your title together by doing this:

"Scan" all your titles in the Scanner one-by-one -- and only after you've scanned them all, then hit "Prepare Forum Post".

That creates a single report that includes all your titles.

So, I'm gonna assume this is the original Shaft from 1971 since that UHD was just released.

If it's the 2019 movie, please let me know asap!

Added.

T
Will make sure to do so next time. Apologies! Also, yes, that is the Criterion Collection 1971 Shaft UHD that was just released.

Will make sure to do so next time. Apologies!

No need to apologize!

Just part of the learning curve for using the Scanner. :)

... that is the Criterion Collection 1971 Shaft UHD that was just released.

Thought as much.

Thanks for verifying.

Have this one on the way myself.

"Whooo is the man that would risk his neck for his brooother maaaaannnn.... Shaft!" LOL

T

Guys --

if anyone can submit a Scanner update for any of these titles, please do so.

Otherwise, they will leave the List within a few days...

Reported by: @ScreeZe

---- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets(Italy) -- OPD: BD_af81f9ebac2b [added Oct 21, 2021, last checked May 24, 2022]

---- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire(Italy) -- OPD: BD_8db849801f82 [added Oct 21, 2021, last checked May 24, 2022]

---- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone(Italy) -- OPD: BD_a13f637eaf56 [added Dec 4, 2020, last checked May 24, 2022]

T

Back