• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG BH10LS30 Blue Ray Burner

Mike, what improvements did you see in your LG BH10LS30?
It was my first Blu-ray drive purchase and I've been very happy with it. I am curious about the unofficial firmware update.
From what I've read flashing the drive allows a faster read speed. Is that all the firmware update will accomplish?

Last edited:
I'm using that same drive too. Its my primairy one and i use it with official firmware. Only used MCSE to increase the read speed. It nearly double the transfer rate when ripping a BD

Mike, what improvements did you see in your LG BH10LS30?
It was my first Blu-ray drive purchase and I've been very happy with it. I am curious about the unofficial firmware update.
From what I've read flashing the drive allows a faster read speed. Is that all the firmware update will accomplish?

As Ch3vron says, faster BD ripping speeds. DVD are still slower than my DVD player though.

I have seen sites saying this drive is great, Just wanting to see if anybody uses it and agrees or have any knowledge of how good it really is.

I am also considering buying this but not to make copies of Blue-ray discs but to use Slysoft to create HD files that will play on a WD TV HD Media Player. Can someone advise if I can do this using my Slysoft software and also, as I have a normal DVD writer in my PC, is it easy to install this? ie is it just plug in and use or do you have to go through all that master/slave stuff?
Thanks

Newbie by the way.:rock:

You need a sata connection. There is no master/slave anymore.

You will need AnyDVD HD to do the ripping to an external hard drive. Connect to the WD HD TV and play.

Wow! thanks for the fast reply Mike! So how do I know if I have, or where do I find, a Sata connection that's compatible with this I have an HP Pavilion computer and I'm using the Windows 7 OS.:rock:

You need to open the box and find out. Your tech specs should also say so. Should look like this:

sas_lo.jpg

Gentlemen, I was able to use MCSE to modify 1.00-06 from RPC1.org. I started by trying 1.00-09 from FirmwareHQ, but it will not load in MCSE.

I've been reading a lot, but apparently not in the right place. What tool did you both use to flash the LG BH10LS30?

Thank you.

Last edited:
i actually used MCSE to remove the riplock from my BH10 and think i used the 1.00-06 aswell. Didnt have the firmware anymore so i tried to dl -09 & tweak it for you, didnt work either. I'd suggest contacting the mcse author if you really wanna use that one. Don't see the point though. If the riplock is removed thats what matters. Mine is working just perfect

Last edited:
I have several of these drives, I paid 79.99USD for them and fitted them into friends computers, Bestbuy had them on sale for Black Friday and I used the above patched firmware to remove the riplock and it seems fine, no issues so far and I do not expect any. I rather like it.;)

I purchased this drive several weeks ago from newegg.com. Packaged OEM, but came with cables and a BD disk with software packaged by LG. I installed the software which included PowerDVD-8. I noticed a new icon in the system "ODD Update". However, clicking it invokes a nice worthless dialog window with blank information. Nothing. I click update and again, nothing happens.

I checked the LG site for firmware and it's like the drive doesn't exist.

Anyway, I bought a (15) pack of RiDATA BD-R 4x discs and have burned 6 movies now using ClownBD and/or BD copier @ 4x speed. All 8 disks burned without errors. But I said 6 movies didn't I? Yeah, a little cockpit error on the first 2 burns, but mike_r straighened me out on those. Thanks mike!

I'd like to know if anyone has found a link to new firmware, or if it's even needed being the drive seems to be working fine for me. My suspicion is the drive is probably labeled and sold as an HP drive and the firmware is available over at hp.com. Just a guess. Seen it before with these OEM drives. One other commment, the drive seems to make some whiring sounds while it sits there with no media in it. Also, the blue light flashes intermittantly. Could it be trying to 'phone home' :confused:
Have you tried updating the firmware with Imgburn?

Using Imgburn I updated mine from 1.00.6 to 1.00.9. There own update software doesn't see the new update and even the updater itself only sees the '1.00' part

But you cannot use MCSE to remove the riplock with the 1:00-1:09 firmware, you can do it with the 1:00- 1:06 firmware. All the new firmware does is let you use more crappy media, use Verbatim, or Sony media and you will be fine with 1:00-1:06.

kk then i don't need it. Already using 1:06 and the only blank media i use is Verbatim :) both for cd's, dvd's & blu-rays. So guess i'm good :)

Using Imgburn I updated mine from 1.00.6 to 1.00.9. There own update software doesn't see the new update and even the updater itself only sees the '1.00' part

I have just installed a new LgWH10SL30. The firmware on Diskspeed shows 1.0. I was able to locate the 1.06 update (took a while), upon trying to perform the update it showed that I had the 1.09 firmware, which was the one I was looking for originally. Does the 1.0 that was displayed mean it is 1.09? I see where the firmwares are listed that way for Lg, i.e. 1.0-6, 1.0-9. Sorry if this was overlong or not too clear.

Yes it always shows just the first two or thre digits. Since it is 1.00.6 or 1.00.7 you always wil just see 1.0 as firmware number.

I'm using the 1.0.6 firm and it seems to work fine up to now.

I couldn't find the updates on the LG site, so I used Imgburn to look for it which is how I got the 1.00.9 firmware. I found it had better writing on my old BD-RE's which wouldn't work before the update

Back