• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG BH10LS30 Blue Ray Burner

The latest release of MCSE now supports firmware version 1.00.9 :clap:

Well aint that the 2 features that are most important ^^. It didnt have the media codes for .06 either ^^

Well aint that the 2 features that are most important ^^. It didnt have the media codes for .06 either ^^
To have real fun with MCSE you change the media codes like make Yuden T03 burn like Yuden T02s, or change up some Falcon media codes, thats fun.;) But we have to settle for what ALA42 can give us, he is a very smart man.;)

Problems with Dual Layer discs

I have this drive, and it works fine reading BD discs and writing to single layer discs.

But, every single dual-layer disc I have burned is unplayable in the vicinity of the layer transition.

The video will constantly freeze. About 10-15 minutes of video around the layer break are affected.

If I skip forward a couple of chapters, the remainder of the disc works fine.
And, everything up to the vicinity of the layer transition plays fine also.

I'm using Verbatim BD-R DL media.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks.

Sounds like a bad drive, mine burns double layer verbatims just fine. Only burnt the 3D RE:Afterlife couple weeks ago. No playback issues whatsoever

I also had problems with skipping/freezing.
It occured with 50GB BD-REs (TDK-, Panasonic-, SONY-brand) burned from ISO with ImgBurn. Also after updating to FW 1.00-09.
Now I'm using Nero 10 and the problem never occured again.
Not quite sure if ImgBurn was the reason but now my problem is gone.
Even could "revitalise" discs my PS3 refused to play after formated with ImageBurn.
There's a 30-day demo of Nero available. Maybe you want to try out yourself.

P.S. This is not intended to bash the ImgBurn appliaction in any way! These are just my observations regarding the problem.

Won't be Imgburn causing the issue, more likely it was just luck that caused it to stop occurring or that when using Imgburn it was allowing it to burn the discs faster then the rated speed as the Imgburn will try to write them at the speed the drive recommends rather than the speed the disc is rated for. If you set the speed to the discs recommended speed then you should have no issues. I've written over 100 DL and well over 900 SL BD-R's with no glitches.
As to Nero, I and many others would always recommend staying away from it. It's become massive bloatware that is extremely invasive and I've found that if I have a BD-R that uses up nearly the whole disc and try to do a disc to disc copy it fails when trying to burn the disc with a 'not enough space' error

Just bought one of these drives, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread, I can now rip my Blu Rays in half the time, never realised there was such a thing as Riplock or Silent Play as LG calls it.

I'm after some re-writeable Blu Rays , any body used Intenso?

Or can someone recommend some reasonable priced ones that are available in the UK?

Try getting Piidata, as long as you don't write them faster than their rated speed they work perfectly

Thanks for the pointer, tried googling piidata, found another of your posts mentioning MaxMedia and another supplier, but neither have any RE ones, they're also Pidata (single i) which brings up a few more results in Google, but again no re-writables.

Great forum. I'm about to burn my first double layer br disc and I would like some advice.

First of all I haven't updated the firmware (bought the drive october) and I have been using the Power2Go burning software when burning my single layer discs.

I have bought 3 DL discs and I want to make sure that they are readable after burning.

Is it possible to simulate a dl writing? In Power2Go that option isn't available (maybe it's because I don't have purchased the full program?)

Would appreciate any help.

Best program for writing to Blu-rays is Imgburn. I'm pretty sure that a simulated burn will render the disc useless

Wonder if anyone can help me with a problem with this drive.
I get a burn error when ever I try to burn 50GB discs completely full, that is, burn a backup that spans over multiple discs. Works fine when I burn a 50GB data disc and leave it to 43-45 GB. Also 25 GB discs work fine when doing backups. I've tried doing a backup on two different programs, Ashampoo burning studio 10 and backup4all. On both occasion the burn fails when it is writing the few last 100 MB's.

Backup4all gives me a error that the burn has failed and if I want to try again insert a disc that has at least 47 GB of space. As far as I know, the max for 50GB discs is 46,62 GB(GiB).

Is it possible for the drive to misinterpret the disc size? It seems that it's trying to fit just a hair too much data on the disc. Normally would blame the burning software but it happened on 2 different programs and the error occurs in both cases at the 99% mark.

Hope you can help me out guys. I've lost quite a few 50GB discs and those things aren't cheap. Is it a faulty drive or is there some setting I can change?

Latest firmware is installed 1.01 (iirc). Checked with ImgBurn

Last edited:
Try burning slower using quality media. I also have issues with both TDK and Verbatim with this drive.

Try burning slower using quality media. I also have issues with both TDK and Verbatim with this drive.

I'm burning at 4X on Verbatim 6X discs. Everyone always praises Verbatim for good quality and been using their DVD's for a long time without any problems.

What 50GB brand is working for you?

Only burning at 2x with Verbatim has worked. 2x with TDK has also produced only 'freezers' that can be played, but stick from time to time.

Only burning at 2x with Verbatim has worked. 2x with TDK has also produced only 'freezers' that can be played, but stick from time to time.

Thanks for the tip. I tried to burn at 2X but same result. Burn fails at around 99%

Back