• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG BH10LS30 Blue Ray Burner

Then its likely either a bad batch of blanks or a dying drive. I can burn my Verbatims at 8X, and without errors.

The backup program I'm using requires the discs to be formatted before use.
For that I use the Windows standard formatting tool, so maybe the size is calculated incorrectly at this point and the disc is formatted with an incorrect capacity. Don't know if thats even possible, just guessing here...is it similar to hard drive formatting?

Anyway, I thought if I could format the disc slightly under the max capacity, say to 45GB or so, then it might burn correctly. The problem is that theres only one option for the size in the format window --> 46,62BG.
How do I UDF format the disc to 45GB?

Excuse the idiotic question, just wanted to know what my drives actual firmware is. IMGburn says "1.00 (1.00-A9)" Does this mean it's 1.00 or 1.09. I want to try the v1.06 riplock free firmware and have never flashed a drive before,hence my question.
Thanks

Excuse the idiotic question, just wanted to know what my drives actual firmware is. IMGburn says "1.00 (1.00-A9)" Does this mean it's 1.00 or 1.09. I want to try the v1.06 riplock free firmware and have never flashed a drive before,hence my question.
Thanks

You actually have version 1.00.09 or 1.00-A9 ;) And btw you don't need to use 1.00.06, you can use MediaCodeSpeedEdit on version 1.00-A9 :agree: There is a firmware version 1.01 now but I'm not sure if it is supported by MCSE yet.

It is, flashed mine with it, riplock can be removed

Thanks @Daemon, i'll try and find the firmware and proceed with caution.

No problem, glad I was able to help. :) And I agree with Ch3vr0n about firmwarehq being the best place to find firmware updates :agree:

Heya i am having the same problem, i updated firmware to the latest using imgburn and still getting errors.

what problem & errors? The last issue that got dealt with was riplock & firmware flashing. No problems

When burning 50gb blu ray in imgburn, it gets to about 46% then comes back with errors, very similar to this. Imgburn.jpg

i have updated to latest firmware from firmwarehq

Cheers andy

Weird, but you're not using the latest FW. Latest is 1.01. That being said, could be a defective drive

I have actually got the latest firmware that's just an image copied off Imgburn forum. You think it could be the drive then?

Came across this

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/ind...46gb-blu-ray-dual-layer-or-23gb-single-layer/

It doesn't say if it's only the Windows software that being effected by this bug, or is it everything running under the OS, but this is exactly the problem I'm having. The problem for me only occurs with 50GB discs though.
This only applies to Windows built in burning engine, have had no issues using Imgburn to burn DL Sony or Verbatim discs on the LG BH10 drives

This only applies to Windows built in burning engine, have had no issues using Imgburn to burn DL Sony or Verbatim discs on the LG BH10 drives

Well I'm out of ideas. The drive works fine, except when I try to burn a full disc, regardless of what software I use.

writing speed

i have had the same problems so i tried reducing the writing speed to 4 speed and it worked fine doing a whole disk

I also have a LG BH10LS30 Blue Ray Burner.
It works find with all the appropriate software.
Up to now all the blu-ray discs where readable except the last one named SHOOTER with Mark Wahlberg. PowerDVD 11 or AnyDVD can't read anything and windows 7 explorer said there in no cd in the tray!!!!

I Have terminator 1 2 3 in blu-ray dvd and works well.
The firmware is 1.01.

SHOOTER works well on my Home theater

Any one have any idea ?

:bang:

Last edited:
yes, create topic in the correct section (AnyDVD HD), describe the problem as best as you can and provide an anydvd logfile with the disc inside the drive.

Just because it plays fine on your home theater doesnt mean its fine for ripping. The search would have told you that. Play =/= ripping

Back