• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hulu Resolution

Heck, for some stuff I've started using 960x540 because honestly my SHIELD and my 4K TV make it look good enough to enjoy a show or movie I don't care that much about to keep in HD. Most other stuff is 720 and the stuff I really care about, I'll grab 1080 or I already have a blu ray encode. Granted I'm in my 40s and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. That and I've never been a picture snob. Sound on the other hand.... I always try to get at least 192 kbps 5.1.

Heck, for some stuff I've started using 960x540 because honestly my SHIELD and my 4K TV make it look good enough to enjoy a show or movie I don't care that much about to keep in HD. Most other stuff is 720 and the stuff I really care about, I'll grab 1080 or I already have a blu ray encode. Granted I'm in my 40s and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. That and I've never been a picture snob. Sound on the other hand.... I always try to get at least 192 kbps 5.1.
I am in my 80s and I enjoy 720P, everything doesnt have to be 1080P for me to enjoy it, I was around when DVDs were 480P and I rented them from BB.

I am in my 80s and I enjoy 720P, everything doesnt have to be 1080P for me to enjoy it, I was around when DVDs were 480P and I rented them from BB.

80's? I never would have guessed. Seriously. Well done.

The simple answer to that is " Don't use Hulu as a provider and forget about it. I think it looks better than good, excellent would be my term, but I only want to watch the movie.
Hulu offers 1080p and 4K even with L3 but you need to use a proper device API.
1080p should be a standard resolution. It's 2021. If the developers can't get 1080p, then the site shouldn't be supported at all.

1080p should be a standard resolution. It's 2021. If the developers can't get 1080p, then the site shouldn't be supported at all.

First world problems...

You cannot download something that’s not there. The site is supported and I am very sorry to hear that you are upset about it. You know you don’t have to use it.

You think it should be all or nothing? That's a little silly, don't you think?

Science by definition is falsifiable. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your rant after that nonsense.

so, its your scientific conclusion that 720p prime, 1080p prime and physical bluray copies of the movie 'arrival' all look the same, with no perceivable differences (sitting 6ft from the screen)? is that your final input? without even looking at the evidence? well, sir. im no scientist, but even i can say thats a bit antiscience of you. but, nevermind. ill do the work for you, i can see youre too busy of a man to actually go and see the evidence for yourself. 720p copy is roughly 1.1gb and it looks like dogs turd. 1080p is 1.8gb and it looks like a slightly smaller and less stinky dogs turd. and physical bluray copy? yeah, its night and day. 1ft, 6ft, 10ft, 20ft from the screen. thats all. my final input. take it or leave it. was a pleasure. cheers!

Last edited:
So, don't download.

its all good as long as the new added providers are free, part of the upgrade. now, if devs decide to charge for new providers... i dont think many would opt for this hulu addon, with 720p and 64kbps stereo audio. i, for instance, would but only if i can get it as a monthly sub for a buck or two. wouldnt use it for movies, would grab a few tv shows and forget about it after a month or two, cancel ths sub. unless 1080p and at least 256kbps audio were introduced. then id think about renewing or getting a lifetime sub for hulu addon. but, thats just me. you do you, saul good.

OK, my comment has nothing to do with the lack of being able to download 1080, however I'm having a problem with people saying 720P is enough.

Yes, I understand that everyone has a different opinion about what looks or sounds good, but there really is no comparing 720 and 1080.

Sorry, but anyone who says DVD resolution (720P) is enough and they don't see any difference to a BluRay (1080P) should visit their eye doctor and get glasses.
Like someone else mentioned, the difference is almost night and day.
I'm not talking about someone watching a movie on a computer screen with VLC in a Window that matches the resolution of the movie, I'm talking about 4K 70+ TV's or Video Projectors. Even with old shows that are upscaled to 1080 you see a huge difference between the 720 and the 1080 version....so no, please don't tell me 720 is enough and there is not much difference.
Same goes for audio...whoever says stereo is enough obviously does not have a good sound system with 5.1 or better.

I'd love to subscribe to D+, but it's a no-no for me as long as they don't offer 1080 with a regular browser.

Just my 2c

Indeed, even 5.1 is available at least for originals, but since it's not normally available in a browser, I'm not sure if they'll implement it. And since Disney bought Hulu, they might eventually limit it like Disney+ where 1080p actually requires stronger DRM.

720p is still better than nothing for many people though. It depends on the provider too, at least Disney+ 720p is better than Hulu 720p.

Sorry, but anyone who says DVD resolution (720P) is enough and they don't see any difference to a BluRay (1080P) should visit their eye doctor and get glasses.

I think you mean 480p. DVD is not 720p. So, yes, there is a HUGE difference between 1080 and 480.

I know Blu-ray isn’t a set resolution, red fox said it was 720p as fact so I corrected that. And it’s painfully obvious if something is 720p or 1080p or 2160p if you have a nice 4K TV. Good for you that you can’t tell I guess? That suggests more of a vision problem than anything
Well you got a lot of pushback. I see diffrences on a 65" TV very well. And I'm a resulotion / audio freak. This is just a perception thing. If people don't care about the presentation (resolution / audio ) they just love the show. I only love the show with prefect video / audio. We will also be ever diverse. And will never agree.

Well you got a lot of pushback. I see diffrences on a 65" TV very well. And I'm a resulotion / audio freak. This is just a perception thing. If people don't care about the presentation (resolution / audio ) they just love the show. I only love the show with prefect video / audio. We will also be ever diverse. And will never agree.

I agree with you. If YouTube sets the resolution of a video to Auto and it's 720p instead of 1080p even on a computer monitor the difference is noticeable enough that I'll change it, much less a movie on a 4K TV. I wouldn't even have a problem if people can't tell the difference or it isn't enough to bother them, it's that the response from many people to not just this but plenty of other issues that get posted here as well is "This isn't a problem for me so you shouldn't care about it either and it doesn't need to be addressed."

Back