• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hulu Resolution

720p looks awful. That's the fact.

No, that's not a fact. What something looks like is very subjective. I was just watching a TV show I snagged from Hulu in 720P and I was actually surprised at how good it looked. Sure, it's not going to look like 4K but then again I don't need 4K to enjoy a good show or movie. But regardless of that 720P ,in my view, looks pretty good and is more than sufficient. But that's my perception and it's not a global fact.

No, that's not a fact. What something looks like is very subjective. I was just watching a TV show I snagged from Hulu in 720P and I was actually surprised at how good it looked. Sure, it's not going to look like 4K but then again I don't need 4K to enjoy a good show or movie. But regardless of that 720P ,in my view, looks pretty good and is more than sufficient. But that's my perception and it's not a global fact.
I agree DQ, I think it look great, I have been enjoying it since it came out, nothing but a great picture and sound quality is awesome.

Hulu does offer 1080P and 4K (on some streams like False Positive and The Handmaid Tales). I'm not suggesting that any stream has access to those.

As far as 720P versus 1080 or 4K, people that watch from a cell phone or tablet or small computer monitor probably won't see much difference. Many of us have invested in high quality 4K TVs with very large displays or ultra short throw projectors. Try comparing 720P to even 1080p on a 120 inch screen. Matter of fact I can clearly tell the difference on just a 65 inch. I understand some people don't care about resolution just as long as they can watch it but then again that's like saying that a camcorder of a movie is just fine and you don't need it on media when it comes out.

Regular DVDs were only 480P and even Bluray is 720P, so whats bad about 720p, We always used Bluray and DVD and enjoyed them, so whats the big deal?

errrrm, no. you cant sompare bluray 720p and something providers compressed the hell out of, which is understandable (it saves them moneys). my 6cents.

Regular DVDs were only 480P and even Bluray is 720P, so whats bad about 720p, We always used Bluray and DVD and enjoyed them, so whats the big deal?
Blu-ray is not 720p lol, it’s very rare to have a Blu-ray less than 1080p. Even then, the bitrate would be miles ahead of Hulu’s 720p

Blu-ray is not 720p lol, it’s very rare to have a Blu-ray less than 1080p. Even then, the bitrate would be miles ahead of Hulu’s 720p
You need the right hardware and yes Bluray is mostly 1080P, but its very hard to tell the difference unless you have quality equipment. 720P is great, we watched DVD for years and were happy. I am very happy with Hulu at 720 and Disney at the same. So are many others here, some are always wanting more and if it was possible, and I am not saying it isn't, the developers will decide that, I think the program is great as is. The proof is that you are here, so you must love the program. I mean you spent your money on it, right?

Actually in the early days of blu-ray YES IT WAS. It's the very first type of HD video and officially called HD-Ready. HD-Ready is the direct predecessor to FULL-HD (1080p).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The blu-ray standard does not dictate 1080p. It supports a range of resolutions as low as 480i. You even admitted so yourself. "very rare" is not the same thing as doesn't exist.

Also, all this obsession with uber high resolution and bit rate is utter nonsense. I seriously doubt you can tell the different between 720p and 1080p, sitting back a proper distance from the TV. I'm sure you and others will chime in to assert you can, but I (and science) don't believe you. Heck, I can barely tell the difference from a properly upscaled DVD vs a blu-ray of the same movie when I sit a proper distance from the TV. It's all placebo and "gotta have the best" mentality.

DrX

The blu-ray standard does not dictate 1080p. It supports a range of resolutions as low as 480i. You even admitted so yourself. "very rare" is not the same thing as doesn't exist.

Also, all this obsession with uber high resolution and bit rate is utter nonsense. I seriously doubt you can tell the different between 720p and 1080p, sitting back a proper distance from the TV. I'm sure you and others will chime in to assert you can, but I (and science) don't believe you. Heck, I can barely tell the difference from a properly upscaled DVD vs a blu-ray of the same movie when I sit a proper distance from the TV. It's all placebo and "gotta have the best" mentality.

DrX
I can tell. Especially if you watch sports e.g. soccer. I agree- for movies it is hard to tell especially since many TVs upscale HD toUHD.

errrrm, no. you cant sompare bluray 720p and something providers compressed the hell out of, which is understandable (it saves them moneys). my 6cents.
Yes you can compare, you can compare anything, actually, you can hardly tell the difference without using useless tools to tell you what the res is. The whole idea is to enjoy the movie, and I can enjoy a 720P movie even more than I can a 1080P because its taking up less space on my storage drive.

I seriously doubt you can tell the different between 720p and 1080p, sitting back a proper distance from the TV. I'm sure you and others will chime in to assert you can, but I (and science) don't believe you.

DrX

first of all. science is a social construct and therefore a lie, perpetrated by white patriarchy. second of all, i suggest you go to amazon prime video, select movie 'arrival' and donwload first 720p, then 1080p and then watch a bluray of the movie. come back and do pray share your scientific views on how you cant tell a from b from c. cheers!

first of all. science is a social construct and therefore a lie, perpetrated by white patriarchy. second of all, i suggest you go to amazon prime video,
You are joking right? Because this is actually funny. This is not any science project, its a movie to watch and enjoy, you are really joking with us, right?

720p looks awful. That's the fact.
The simple answer to that is " Don't use Hulu as a provider and forget about it. I think it looks better than good, excellent would be my term, but I only want to watch the movie.

DrX

I know Blu-ray isn’t a set resolution, red fox said it was 720p as fact so I corrected that. And it’s painfully obvious if something is 720p or 1080p or 2160p if you have a nice 4K TV. Good for you that you can’t tell I guess? That suggests more of a vision problem than anything

I know Blu-ray isn’t a set resolution, red fox said it was 720p as fact so I corrected that. And it’s painfully obvious if something is 720p or 1080p or 2160p if you have a nice 4K TV. Good for you that you can’t tell I guess? That suggests more of a vision problem than anything
Then I guess 100s of members have vision issues Dr Sally, just joking, why can't people that enjoy 720P and Hulu enjoy it and you just don't have to watch it. I love Hulu , yes 720 P is just as good as 1080P to me. All I want to do is enjoy a good film, not break down every aspect of the recording. I suggest politely that you just don't watch it. it's much better than the old DVD format. So yes, I am thankful to have Hulu at 720P.

The human eye can see about 60^2 pixels/degree. Sitting back a normal distance, say about 6 to 8 ft., you will be hard pressed to discern between 720p and 1080p. You definitely are NOT going to see 4K.

Also, we can disagree without your snide attempt to insult my visual acuity. Attack the premises, not the person making them.

Back