• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guide for unprotected Blu-ray ISO for PowerDVD

I have no issues with PDVD 7, 8 or 9 or TMT 2 or 3. However..... I only play movie only backups on the PC and do not use the VMC/7MC interface and I do not output audio by HDMI.

Seems that if you actually want to use the players to play disk and output HDMI it is a crap shoot. TMT 3 seems pretty stable as does PDVD 7 for the most part in playing disks anyway.

Do any of the ImgBurn directions change with the newest version (2.5.0.0) that was released on Sunday, July 26, 2009?

Adbear,

Are there any specific steps to take when burning the final image? I imagine you just use the burn image utility in Nero or a similar software?

Adbear,

Are there any specific steps to take when burning the final image? I imagine you just use the burn image utility in Nero or a similar software?

I use the 'Write Image to disc' option in Imgburn. I won't have the Nero bloatware on my systems

Can't play iso image as mounted to HD DVD

Hi There

Can you help?

I can get to the stage where I have a .iso image mounted with Daemon Tools. The problem is that it is mounted as an HD DVD, which power dvd 8 ultra won't play. I have tried tweaking power dvd 8 to try and make it play HD DVD, but to no avail.

Any idea where I can get a copy of Power dvd 7 ultra or altrnatively, and idea how I can mount a BD ROM so that Power dvd 8 ultra will play it.

Thank so much.

Tom

This method worked great for me with PowerDVD. I have not encountered any problems so far.

The PS3 seems to be a different story. only 2 out of 5 movie backups on Sony BNR50AH BD-R D/L discs were playable on the PS3.

I don't have a stand alone to test on, but I am going to try a few out on my Friend's Pioneer BDP-95FD Standalone player this weekend.

All that being said, this method (for PDVD as intended) this works great!

Thanks to Adbear!

Strange, so far I've never had an issue with any Films I've written to SL or DL discs on my PS3.
Which films are they and from what region?
You are making back ups from the original discs?
Do the same discs play back in the PC? if so check folder structure and that you set UDF to 2.5.
You did only use the settings I recommended and didn't tick any other boxes like 'Remove annoying adverts and trailers'?

I'm using 2521 with no problems except keyboard shortcuts not always working, but it plays the discs fine.

I'm finding the keyboard not working with some Blu Ray (protected) ISOs with PowerDVD 9 Ultra. It's a pain as I've setup my Logitech remote to handle the standard controls, but end up using the mouse for some films.

I was wondering if the official Cyberlink remote would help?

I'm finding the keyboard not working with some Blu Ray (protected) ISOs with PowerDVD 9 Ultra.

Untick "Enable BD-J keyboard support" in PowerDVD9 settings->Blu-ray disc
(and while you're there, tick "allow connection when certification is invalid")

This should do the trick.

Strange, so far I've never had an issue with any Films I've written to SL or DL discs on my PS3.
Do the same discs play back in the PC? if so check folder structure and that you set UDF to 2.5.
You did only use the settings I recommended and didn't tick any other boxes like 'Remove annoying adverts and trailers'?

Hi Adbear,

I just checked my settings and found that I did check the remove adverts/trailers option. I have everything checked, and have remove region code checked and set to automatic.

All the films were backed up from my original Region A discs and are listed as follows:

Hellboy II, Kill Bill V1, Reservoir Dogs, Sin City, and Pineapple Express.

Both the backup discs and original discs playback on my PC without issues.

I will try a second backup on one of the discs, and will make sure all the settings in you instructions are followed, and will post back with my results.

Thanks Adbear!

I suspect it the 'remove trailers' option causing the problem, all my discs are also region A and I've done Hellboy II, Sin City and Kill Bill V1 & 2 with no problems

Hi Adbear,

I also just realized that I had AnyDVD launched while creating the image with ImgBurn. I did not notice the alert messages from ImgBurn indicating that AnyDVD can interfere with it's operation the first few times.

This time around I will leave the adverts/trailers, and close AnyDVD while using ImgBurn.

Thanks!

I tried backing up Hellboy II and Sin City a second time (leaving the adverts/trailers) and everything is working great now. I can playback all of the backups on My PC, PlayStation, and also on my friends Standalone player.

Thanks Adbear!

There is a disk with an unsupported format in drive $

G'day Adbear,

Followed the guide using:

AnyDVD 6.5.7.4
VirtualColneDrive 5.4.3.2
ImgBurn 2.5.0.0

Trying to play with PowerDVD 9 Ultra and keep getting the "There is a disk with an unsupported format in drive $" error.

Also I noticed after ripping to hdd the structure had every folder in place (except for the AACS folder) with no folder to add back. Only difference was subtle change in JAR folder, somthing in the 00000.jar file.

Im using XP MCE with SP3 and can play orginals just fine. If have also tried making a copy with protection and running anyDVD but still the same error.

I'm stuck for ideas. Here's a peek at my status in AnyDVD for the iso created with your guide -

anydvd.jpg

Thanx in advance

UPDATE: I obtained a copy of PowerDVD 7.3.3.1.9a and the Adbear method iso works, but the protected one doesn't even with anyDVD running returning the previos error.

Last edited:
When playing unprotected discs or ISO's it's recommended to disable AnyDVD HD as it's been known to cause issues

G'day Adbear,

Followed the guide using:

AnyDVD 6.5.7.4
VirtualColneDrive 5.4.3.2
ImgBurn 2.5.0.0

Trying to play with PowerDVD 9 Ultra and keep getting the "There is a disk with an unsupported format in drive $" error.

Also I noticed after ripping to hdd the structure had every folder in place (except for the AACS folder) with no folder to add back. Only difference was subtle change in JAR folder, somthing in the 00000.jar file.

Im using XP MCE with SP3 and can play orginals just fine. If have also tried making a copy with protection and running anyDVD but still the same error.

I'm stuck for ideas. Here's a peek at my status in AnyDVD for the iso created with your guide -

anydvd.jpg

Thanx in advance

UPDATE: I obtained a copy of PowerDVD 7.3.3.1.9a and the Adbear method iso works, but the protected one doesn't even with anyDVD running returning the previos error.

Try to check the "PowerDVD compatibility" checkbox in AnyDVD settings.

Solved

Turns out a re-installation of PDVD fixed it, Thanx for your answers anyway guys.

Back