• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guide for unprotected Blu-ray ISO for PowerDVD

Thanks for the pointer on getting the info from PDVD.

The build is 4617.
My system is a stock Core2 6600 with an ATI x1950 with v. 8.591 drivers.
VCD is 5.4.3.2

I have had no problems since with other discs since then so I will assume pilot error until I retest.

Thanks.

Well I've never had anything but problems using X1900-1950 cards, they're very hit and miss and I once I upgraded to a newer card most of my problems went away

Got the chance to re-try Hellboy2. No issues. Must have been operator error the first time. :doh:

Thank you for your solution and support.

Cheers :clap:

I had to reinstall fresh copy of WinXP and I've updated all my software.

I can play my Blu Ray isos fine in PDVD 9, when AnyDVD and PDVD are running. Double clicking on the iso while those softwares are running, starts the play back.

I can't remember how I did this in the past, but I was able double click (or mount the iso) and this would automatically open PDVD and play the movie.

Any ideas on how this can be done?

Install VCD, right click on an ISO, and choose 'open with' choose VCD from the list of programs and tick 'always open with' this should then always use VCD to mount them, PDVD should then autoplay the images when they mount unless you've turned off autoplay for blu-ray discs

Using multiple BD ISOs in PDVD9ultra?

Hey, I'm still new to the BD ISOs and have a question to the community regarding the new PDVD9 that I just purchased.

Firstly, ripping BD with Anydvd HD, creating BD ISOs, mounting them with VCD ect is a non-issue. It all works great and plays fine with PDVD9.

The question is the the hassle it is the have to individually mount every BD ISO before I want to watch the movie(I can mount up to 15 in Vista). I have a Vista Ultimate Media Center HTPC, with 2.5TB of hdd space, filled with numerous movies. When I purchased the new PDVD9ultra I thought that the feature "FancyView" would help me organize all these movies(in ISO format), where I could scroll through them visually and select the ones I want to watch. It would then launch the movie from the directory the ISO is stored in. But I'm coming to find out I might have misunderstood the marketing behind this feature and this does not seem to be possible. Vista Media Center also only allows one movie at a time.

So, is there a way to do it with PDVD9, other software, scripts or not possible to do at all?
Please help!
Reuben

I have no idea, this doesn't really belong in here as it has nothing to do with the guide

Hey, I'm still new to the BD ISOs and have a question to the community regarding the new PDVD9 that I just purchased.

Firstly, ripping BD with Anydvd HD, creating BD ISOs, mounting them with VCD ect is a non-issue. It all works great and plays fine with PDVD9.

The question is the the hassle it is the have to individually mount every BD ISO before I want to watch the movie(I can mount up to 15 in Vista). I have a Vista Ultimate Media Center HTPC, with 2.5TB of hdd space, filled with numerous movies. When I purchased the new PDVD9ultra I thought that the feature "FancyView" would help me organize all these movies(in ISO format), where I could scroll through them visually and select the ones I want to watch. It would then launch the movie from the directory the ISO is stored in. But I'm coming to find out I might have misunderstood the marketing behind this feature and this does not seem to be possible. Vista Media Center also only allows one movie at a time.

So, is there a way to do it with PDVD9, other software, scripts or not possible to do at all?
Please help!
Reuben

1. I set VCD as the default program to open iso's

2. I set folder options to open w/ 1-click

3. I set PDVD8 default drive to my VCD

4. I set PDVD8 to "always start from the beginning"

5. I set PDVD8 to always run fullscreen

6. I take all the BD movies from all my HDD's and send shortcuts to desktop and have them all in a folder I have named "Movies", and made the icon a strip of film lol

1 left mouse click on a BD iso shortcut and the movie mounts to VCD, opens up PDVD8, goes to fullscreen and plays, if you stop the player and click on another BD iso it unmounts the last movie and mounts the new movie automatically

I download jpeg blu ray coverart from imdb as "bitmaps", and replace the iso shortcuts w/ the coverart in "icon properties"

http://www.imdb.com/

I use Windows 7 Manager to remove the shortcut arrows from the coverart icons

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5984.html

"bada bing, bada boom"

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Sorry Adbear, wasn't sure where to post this. But your guide helped me with all the initial steps and luckily I got a great a response from Ocgw. TY, I will try all those things you mentioned when I get home. Genius!

Sorry Adbear, wasn't sure where to post this. But your guide helped me with all the initial steps and luckily I got a great a response from Ocgw. TY, I will try all those things you mentioned when I get home. Genius!

thx m8

ocgw

peace

Please help!
Reuben

What it sounds like you want is "MyMovies" movie collection manager.
http://www.mymovies.dk/

What it sounds like you want is "MyMovies" movie collection manager.
http://www.mymovies.dk/

What I am trying to find out is will "My Movies" work w/ BD's that have already been ripped as movie only

Also must "My Movies" work from within Media Center, I am running Windows 7 RC w/ MC7 and it cannot output spdif 5.1, I tried using AC3 Filter but it would not install

I play all my BD, DVD, and OTA ATSC HDTV w/ 3rd party players to get DD/DTS, but can't get DD/DTS w/ MC7

I play BD's w/ PDVD8, DVD's w/ Nero Showtime 6, and OTA ATSC HDTV w/ Hauppauge WinTV 7

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Yes, My Movies will work with almost any form of a movie. When you add a movie to your collection (within My Movies), preferably you point to a folder containing that movie. From that point, when it attempts to play the movie, My Movies will search the folder for recognized movie formats and play the one it thinks most appropriate.

This includes VIDEO_TS (DVD), ISO, DVR-MS and a host of other extension types. This choice is made at the time of playback, so the folder can be empty at the time you add it to your collection. ISO's played back are directed to a particular player (PDVD or TMT, AFAIK) that you register with it for playback of those ISO's.

If your chosen player is willing to play the ISO, My Movies is willing to do so.

There are opportunities for even more flexibility since the actual handling of the ISO is controlled by registry entries. I use that capability to remotely mount an image using iSCSI and have a player play that 'disk' when it appears locally. VCD is one of the default ISO handlers supported by My Movies.

AFAIK, there is still no way to playback blu-ray of any stripe completely within Media Center. There are a small variety of external players integrated into the MC interface that do so. My Movies supports those specifically, where possible.

There are also opportunities for third parties to access the APIs of My Movies and its database to do things outside those the developer is interested in supporting himself. In this vein, there is one outboard playback controller the allows playback of movies completely outside the MC environment. See the Media Client thread in the My Movies Third Party Software forum. I have yet to use it.

My Movies is a very useful tool and it has a reasonably comprehensive database behind it and is well supported.

Thank you for the guide.

One suggestion for the next AnyDVD HD update....

for the Blu-Ray options, I've never liked seeing just "Prohibited User Operations" as a choice.

Please make it one of the following for clarity:
"Remove Prohibited User Operations"
or....
"Keep Prohibited User Operations"

Thanks.

May i know... do i need to remux it if I intend to get the folders as ISO?

Im still confuse over the remux thing. (Does remux means, take stuff away that I do not need?)

So, if I follow the method of this, the iso is the pure image of the Blu Ray show start up?

appreciate a lot and thanks for the time. I am quite confuse about these, so do bear with me. thank you again.

Thank you for the guide.

One suggestion for the next AnyDVD HD update....

for the Blu-Ray options, I've never liked seeing just "Prohibited User Operations" as a choice.

Please make it one of the following for clarity:
"Remove Prohibited User Operations"
or....
"Keep Prohibited User Operations"

Thanks.
Not sure why you posted this in the guide, it should be in the request thread

May i know... do i need to remux it if I intend to get the folders as ISO?

Im still confuse over the remux thing. (Does remux means, take stuff away that I do not need?)

So, if I follow the method of this, the iso is the pure image of the Blu Ray show start up?

appreciate a lot and thanks for the time. I am quite confuse about these, so do bear with me. thank you again.

Not sure why you refer to remuxing. This guide is for unprotected full back up of a Blu-ray disc that should work in PDVD when built back into an ISO. Remuxing is usually for when you want to make a movie only backup

Not sure why you refer to remuxing. This guide is for unprotected full back up of a Blu-ray disc that should work in PDVD when built back into an ISO. Remuxing is usually for when you want to make a movie only backup

sorry about that. it is because i read that i can put the entire folder of BDMV and Cert into imgburn and create it as ISO.

In anyhow, I shall give a try later and see how it work after converting to ISO and playback on my NMT.

Just been a little too happy seeing that I can create the ISO.

Update:
- Did the ISO but a pity that it does not work on my NMT.

Last edited:
PDVD9 issue

Hi.. apologies for coming kinda late to the party here..

A combination of reading the guide, and rebuilding one of my media centers under Win7 made me want to take another try at plying back BD isos...

When I heard that PDVD9 integrated with VMC, it was the one thing I'd been waiting for, and bought it in a heartbeat.... I have two systems, served remotely, and the whole thing must.. must be wife-proof. No better way of spoiling an eveing than to sit down with a meal for a film and get some kind of error ....

Anyway, I installed PDVD9 and it seemed brilliant until I tried to .. play anything...

about 50% of all titles just go open loop, or unresponsive, and basically don't play, forcing a shutdown via task manager. I think the kind of fault has been mentioned here on this thread, but I couldn't find a resolution.

recent titles include Uk releases of Valkyrie and Max Payne.

It was the same effect with the actual disc... at all times with ANYDVDHD running.

Same whether I run PDVD in MC or on its own.

This is on a Ati HD2600 via VGA to a Barco 808, but I get exactly the same result on an intel g45 chip outputting via HDMI to a Sony LCD screen.

On some discs.. (often Warner.. but not sure if that's 100%) it plays just fine, again either the disc or the iso.

Reading adbears guide, I recreated both the examples above with imgBurn... and get exactly the same results..

So unless I can figure out what's going on.. I'm going to have to go back to morphing them into MKV files which I know for sure will play in Media Center.

Note that I get no error mesage.. just that the app is listed as not responding in TM... then the processes fail to close...

Reading the thread it would seem that plenty of people use PDVD9 with no issues.. but I just cannot, on two entirely different setups...

any pointers ?

Where should I start ?

Thanks for any help

for what it's worth, I just tried downloading PDVD 8, and it works fine. (at least discs backed up played when mounted remotely where they would not previously)

I had a backup of Valkyrie just ripped directly via ANYDVD (rip to image) and another one ripped using this guide... and the "adbear" version played...

So, is PowerDVD 9 simply no good ?

I know there are ways to map remote keys etc.. so maybe I can work with version 8, at least until the Slysoft soft player (now that was a good piece of news, though I'm not holding my breath...)

Anyway - appreciate any feedback...

Back