• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guide for unprotected Blu-ray ISO for PowerDVD

Mpc hc

you can also play it (although there will be no menus) with Media Player Classic Home Cenema (mine came bundeled with CCCP) by launching the "index.bdmv" from the bdmv folder (located in the rip folder)

What has that got to do with this guide?

This is just a quick guide to help out those who don't want to leave the ISO's as protected ISO's on the harddrive and want them to work in PowerDVD, this is also a good way to get good copies back onto BD-R/RE to play back in Set Top players
First check that AnyDVD HD can decrypt the disc
Then chose 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk' with the following options ticked
Enable Blu-ray Support
Remove BD+ protection
Prohibited User Operations
Disable BD-Live
Remove Blu-ray region code

Once it's finished ripping check the folder structure by adding in the following folders (even if they are empty)

BDMV
-----AUXDATA
-----BACKUP
------------BDJO
------------CLIPINF
------------JAR
------------PLAYLIST
-----BDJO
-----CLIPINF
-----JAR
-----META
-----PLAYLIST
-----STREAM
CERTIFICATE

Once that's done then using Imgburn choose 'Create Image from Files & Folders', drag in the BDMV and Certificate Folder along with any extra files that may be in your root folder outside of those two folders.
In Imgburn on the 'Options' tab set to UDF and 2.5.
On the 'Labels' tab type the name of the film in the UDF box
choose the destination where you want it to build the ISO and set it going.
So far using this method all my Images play back perfectly in PDVD 7.3 and 8 using Virtual Clone Drive to mount them with (I can't use TMT as it crashes my systems)

Sir: my Reg Ver of AnyDvd-HD is 7.0.4.0 and I cant find the option to tick Remove BD+Protection
also: the Region, can I leave it ticked as Auto?
Thank You Sir. I just received my Lg BRD-Burner the other day and I'm gonna try my first BR-Burn as you instructed. Hope it works...

That's automatic

S I cant find the option to tick Remove BD+Protection
also: the Region, can I leave it ticked as Auto?

BD+ is removed as part of the AnyDVDHD intent and it is not an option.
If you meant "BD Live" for allowing the studio to see where you are and what you are doing you can turn that on or off as you like.

You may leave the BD region option on Automatic and if AnyDVD cannot determine it you will be asked for the disc's region.

When I wrote the guide 3.5 years ago there was a separate option for BD+, this has now been subsumed into AnyDVD HD and is no longer a separate option.

When I wrote the guide 3.5 years ago there was a separate option for BD+, this has now been subsumed into AnyDVD HD and is no longer a separate option.

Sir;
1 more question,
I have done as you said in your instructions up tp the point to where I need to open ImgBurn and then you said to Drag in the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder along with any extra Files that may be in the Root Folder outside of these two folders..???
Forgive me but I don't seem to be able to understand what you mean? when I open ImgBurn it will only except 1 dir of files to open..
Again forgive my ignorance... Thank You....

Sir;
1 more question,
I have done as you said in your instructions up tp the point to where I need to open ImgBurn and then you said to Drag in the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder along with any extra Files that may be in the Root Folder outside of these two folders..???
Forgive me but I don't seem to be able to understand what you mean? when I open ImgBurn it will only except 1 dir of files to open..
Again forgive my ignorance... Thank You....

Here's a another guide: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512

file name clarification ...

Hi For clarification purposes .....................
the folders named the same WITH all dots ?

Once it's finished ripping check the folder structure by adding in the following folders (even if they are empty)all folders that repeat are to be used with dots ?
and all duplicate folders with dots will go into/along with the bd folder ?

BDMV
-----AUXDATA
-----BACKUP
------------BDJO
------------CLIPINF
------------JAR
------------PLAYLIST
-----BDJO
-----CLIPINF
-----JAR
-----META
-----PLAYLIST
-----STREAM
CERTIFICATE

thanks great info helped a lot
Frank :bang:

Hi For clarification purposes .....................
the folders named the same WITH all dots ?
No. The dots are simply to show you the folder tree structure:

Main folders are BDMV and CERTIFICATE. AUXDATA, BACKUP etc are subfolders of BDMV.

This morning I connected our HP Slimline HTPC to the internet -- a rare event reserved exclusively for downloading updates -- and downloaded a program "update" from HP.

After that I opened the program and, sure enough, it asked if I wanted to check for an update. So I figured what the H, and clicked "yes" and was taken to a Cyberlink page that was set up for the exclusvie purpose of updating HP's version of PowerDVD that it calls "HP DVD Play".

I downloaded and installed the available update and once again opened the program, whereupon I was presented with the same "check for update?" option. I again clicked "yes" and was told that there is no update available.

So now I'm pretty sure I have the latest and greatest, and probably last, version of this program.

To test, I popped in an HD-DVD disc of "The Pianist" and, in short, it played back perfectly with a cpu usage of between 10 and 14%. Wonderful!

I then popped in a BD disc of "Apocalypto" and the same thing.

Wonderful, right? No, not right, because then I loaded up a BD iso into Virtual Clone Drive. The virtual drive was created as normal with the appropriate folders and files visible, so I started DVD Play and was immediately confronted with a "Format not supported" message.

In short, now I cannot play back any of our multitude of BD iso files on this program (although I have installed the latest version of MPC-HC with good results).

(This reminds me of Oppo's capitulation to the movie industry when it removed iso playback from its players.)

Is there any way, short of burning all my isos to disc, to get DVD Play (PowerDVD) to play either iso images or the m2ts files within them?

BTW, I'm using either version 5.4.0.1, or 5.4.0.6 of VirtualCloneDrive.

Thanks.

Well, I should have downloaded and installed the latest version of VCD, because after doing that I now have playback of BD ISO files in HP's version of PowerDVD.

Thanks very much to Slysoft for such a great free program. :bowdown:

Back