• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flawless 1080p BD Playback with VLC Player??

So in this case I wouldn't have even gotten the idea to do it otherwise.

It's proper English though, although better would have been to swap the positions of "have" and "even" to "I wouldn't even have gotten the idea to do it otherwise."

It's proper English though, although better would have been to swap the positions of "have" and "even" to "I wouldn't even have gotten the idea to do it otherwise."
Thanks, I already thought about it, but it sounded weird in both ways (insert the smiley with a sweatdrop that doesn't exist in the forum)

Ok, I can understand that... It is good that you want to be sure before you mess anything up, and maybe even end up with a non-booting system......... But of course you have to extract it in order to use it. I heard of auto-extracting archives, but almost everything I ever downloaded was a normal zip file you have to extract.
Done. I then restarted my pc and loaded my Warners BD movie "Lolita" (1962). But it wouldn't play and gave error:
Blu-ray error: Missing AACS configuration file! Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///D:\'. Check the log for details.

However, I did notice that in Windows Explorer the icon for my BD drive said Lolita BD. It also said UDF. I know that this has something to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format Could the error be due to some software missing?

Last edited:
Missing AACS configuration file!
I don't know what could cause this. Either the disc isn't included or it cannot find a file.
I will try if I can reproduce this tomorrow.

I don't know what could cause this. Either the disc isn't included or it cannot find a file.
I will try if I can reproduce this tomorrow.
However, I did notice that in Windows Explorer the icon for my BD drive said Lolita BD. It also said UDF. I know that this has something to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format Could the error be due to some software missing?

No, the icon has nothing to do with VLC and should always show up, even when the disc is still encrypted (correct me if I'm wrong).
It says missing aacs file, so it probably could not find the file inside the aacs folder. But since I haven't actively used it for a longer time now, I have to see it myself.

Last edited:
No, the icon has notging to do with VLC and should always show up, even when the disc is still encrypted (correct me if I'm wrong).
It says missing aacs file, so it probably could not find the file inside the aacs folder. But since I haven't actively used it for a longer time now, I have to see it myself.
Also, tried Kino's "Quantez" (1957) and Shout Factory's "Day the World Ended" (1956), but neither would play; same error message. But while UDF appeared in the Quantez BD drive icon it did not appear in other icon, so maybe UDF is irrelevant.

Again, I can only ask you to READ. Granted, for some reason it is only mentioned for Mac OS, not for the other systems. But this is not the first time in this thread I repeat an information you can see by yourself, so please forgive me that I feel a bit annoyed by now. Of course I don't know how much experience you have with using a computer, but to just create the folder you need if it is not there is the most obvious thing for me.
Windows: put it in C:\ProgramData\aacs\
Mac OS X: put it in ~/Library/Preferences/aacs/ (create it if it does not exist)
Linux: put it in ~/.config/aacs/
Linux SNAP: put it in ~/snap/vlc/current/.config/aacs/

So if you are in C:\ProgramData\, then create a new folder called aacs and paste the file into there.

That is not neccessary. You can just paste C:\ProgramData\ into the explorer bar at the top and press enter. So if you have them turned off by default, you don't need to enable them just for this one task.
I keep mine turned on for other reasons anyway.

wouldn't have even gotten? what on earth is that abomination of words the translator gave me there lol
Done. I then restarted my pc and loaded my Warners BD movie "Lolita" (1962). But it wouldn't play and gave error:

You did extract the file and paste it in the AACS folder you created? If you did, try checking the log file it said that it made; it should give you details on the problem, or upload the log file.

You did extract the file and paste it in the AACS folder you created? If you did, try checking the log file it said that it made; it should give you details on the problem, or upload the log file.
That's what I thought but I looked in the C:\ program files/videolan/vlc folder and don't see anything resembling log files, nor did I in C:\ program data, nor in the aacs folder. If any log files exist they may be in the Windows system folders but I'd have to be told where to look for those there.

But as for that zip file, I first created the aacs folder in C:\ Program Data. Then I pasted that downloaded zip file into it. Then I right clicked on it and clicked Extract All. Of course, nothing but errors when trying to play any BD movie.

However, I did notice that after I extracted that file that another compressed file appeared next to it with exactly the same name. I don't know if it should be unzipped, left alone or deleted. Probably best to wait for DeepSpace to reply.

Last edited:
That's what I thought but I looked in the C:\ program files/videolan/vlc folder and don't see anything resembling log files, nor did I in C:\ program data, nor in the aacs folder. If any log files exist they may be in the Windows system folders but I'd have to be told where to look for those there.

But as for that zip file, I first created the aacs folder in C:\ Program Data. Then I pasted that downloaded zip file into it. Then I right clicked on it and clicked Extract All. Of course, nothing but errors when trying to play any BD movie.

However, I did notice that after I extracted that file that another compressed file appeared next to it with exactly the same name. I don't know if it should be unzipped, left alone or deleted. Probably best to wait for DeepSpace to reply.
The other folder that you extracted with the same name, open that folder up and whatever is inside it, select all and copy then go back to the AACS folder and paste it. It can not be inside of another folder, it has to be directly in the aacs folder you created! The second folder should already be unzipped, just click on it! You have to put the contents of that folder directly into the aacs folder so the program can see it!

Last edited:
The other folder that you extracted with the same name, open that folder up and whatever is inside it, select all and copy then go back to the AACS folder and paste it. It can not be inside of another folder, it has to be directly in the aacs folder you created! The second folder should already be unzipped, just click on it! You have to put the contents of that folder directly into the aacs folder so the program can see it!
First of all, why are there two folders with the same name and both are in the AACS folder that DeepSpace told me to create in C:\Program Data?

Also, when I click on the unzipped one there's nothing inside of it. Why is that?

First of all, why are there two folders with the same name and both are in the AACS folder that DeepSpace told me to create in C:\Program Data?

Also, when I click on the unzipped one there's nothing inside of it. Why is that?
There should be something inside of it. Then delete the unzipped folder and unzip it again! I just downloaded it, there is a file called keydb.cfg in it. That file needs to be in the aacs folder!

Last edited:

There are 2 folders because you unzipped it and it put the file in that folder! You could change the destination if you want.

There are 2 folders because you unzipped it and it put the file in that folder! You could change the destination if you want.
Sorry, improper word usage. What I meant was that after I created the AACS folder in the Program Data folder, pasted keydb.cfg - Language English (17444 entries in there and then decompressed it, there was a two folders in AACS with the same name keydb.cfg: The one I decompressed and the one that-somehow?-appeared and that was compressed.

I did open the decompressed folder. Windows calls it a config fig and it's 45,426KB. But I don't see anything in it, which is not surprising because it's a file not a folder. However,
when I opened that decompressed file (folder) the compressed folder disappeared. Then when I clicked Explorer's Back arrow the compressed folder reappeared.

I would suggest duplicating these steps and decide if you want to decompress the other keydb.cfg folder.

Btw, if we ever get VLC to play commercially pressed BD movies, which so far looks doubtful, how likely do you think it will it be able play all region DVDs and BDs, like JRiver can with AnyDVD HD running?

Btw, if we ever get VLC to play commercially pressed BD movies, which so far looks doubtful, how likely do you think it will it be able play all region DVDs and BDs, like JRiver can with AnyDVD HD running?
It should be able to play them.

Sorry, improper word usage. What I meant was that after I created the AACS folder in the Program Data folder, pasted keydb.cfg - Language English (17444 entries in there and then decompressed it, there was a two folders in AACS with the same name keydb.cfg: The one I decompressed and the one that-somehow?-appeared and that was compressed.

I did open the decompressed folder. Windows calls it a config fig and it's 45,426KB. But I don't see anything in it, which is not surprising because it's a file not a folder. However,
when I opened that decompressed file (folder) the compressed folder disappeared. Then when I clicked Explorer's Back arrow the compressed folder reappeared.

I would suggest duplicating these steps and decide if you want to decompress the other keydb.cfg folder.
All I am saying is the file needs to be in the aacs folder like this. I will give you a picture of the file. If that does not work then there is another problem.

Attachments

• aacs.jpg
    aacs.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 10
All I am saying is the file needs to be in the aacs folder like this. I will give you a picture of the file. If that does not work then there is another problem.
That is exactly where the file is-or should I say where both the decompressed file and the compressed folder with the same name are. This situation I just don't understand.

I see your issue. Windows wants to create a subfolder with the same name, so just remove the keydb_eng part from the path there: C:\ProgramData\aacs\
Before that, make sure to delete everything from the aacs folder (except the original zip of course), so, after extracting, you only end up with the keydb.cfg there.
If that is the case, you can delete the .zip as well (or move it somewhere else, if you don't want to delete it before you know that it works).
Then start VLC and try if it can now play the disc.
2022-09-12_091215.png

Back