• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flawless 1080p BD Playback with VLC Player??

But I followed DeepSpace's instructions step by step. That keydb config file was placed in the aacs folder that I was told to create in the Power Data folder, and I extracted it there. And I just now again loaded that last BD and selected BD from that window. Still no BD play and same errors. But yes, a big waste of time.
Did you copy all four dll files into your VLC installation directory? Did you copy the dll files from the win32 or win64 directory within the 7-zip archive file provided by candela on Doom9? What version of VLC are you using? What is the location of your VLC installation? (Eg: "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC")

Still no BD play and same errors. But yes, a big waste of time.
Could you please share the error messages with the forum? I described how to do it earlier in this thread.

I tried to paste it to a wordpad file and save there because I don't MS Word and I don't know how to save the screenshot to anything else. But it doesn't matter since all of the .dlls are there.
The Snipping tool included with Windows is handy for capturing and saving screenshots

If something works for a lot of people but doesn't work for you, you might need to consider the possibility that you have misconfigured something or misunderstood an instruction.

Thanks for the screenshots. There should be a file named 'keydb.cfg' within that 'keydb_eng' folder. Move the 'keydb.cfg' file up a level so that it is in the 'aacs' folder.

I can't tell from the screenshots, but there should be 4 additional dll files in that VLC directory: 'libaacs.dll', 'libbdplus.dll', 'libgcrypt-20.dll', and 'libgpg-error6-0.dll'. Make sure you copy these 4 files from within the 'win64' directory of the '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z' archive file. Do not copy the win64 folder itself into the VLC directory. If you don't copy all four dll files, libaacs.dll will not be able to work properly

Last edited:
Thanks for the screenshots. There should be a file named 'keydb.cfg' within that 'keydb_eng' folder. Move the 'keydb.cfg' file up a level so that it is in the 'aacs' folder.
In the aacs folder is keydb_eng and when I click on it keydb.cfg appears.

I can't tell from the screenshots, but there should be 4 additional dll files in that VLC directory: 'libaacs.dll', 'libbdplus.dll', 'libgcrypt-20.dll', and 'libgpg-error6-0.dll'. Make sure you copy these 4 files from within the 'win64' directory of the '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z' archive file. Do not copy the win64 folder itself into the VLC directory. If you don't copy all four dll files, libaacs.dll will not be able to work properly
No, only see libaacs.dll in the VLC folder. Do you mean to get the other 3 from here? http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/ If yes, please tell me precisely where they are, exactly what to download and where to paste them.

There should be a file named 'keydb.cfg' within that 'keydb_eng' folder.
I told you how that you have to copy the cfg file into the aacs folder by removing the part from the path in the extraction window. Why haven't you done that?

but there should be 4 additional dll files in that VLC directory:
I haven't looked what's inside the zip file, I thought it is only one file. Maybe I confused you with that.

This is not correct. You must have the aacs folder setup like the image below. Note the single, large file named 'keydb.cfg' within the aacs folder you created. You must not have a keydb_eng folder. Do not put the zip file in here either. Just extract the 'keydb.cfg' file from the zip file, and put it here.
1 - AACS Folder.PNG

No, only see libaacs.dll in the VLC folder. Do you mean to get the other 3 from here? http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/ If yes, please tell me precisely where they are, exactly what to download and where to paste them.

The AACS database site links to a post on the Doom9 forum, which in turn links to this file on Mega.nz: Link

Download the linked file from Mega (2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z) and use 7-zip or WinRAR to extract it. You should end up with a folder like this:
2 - DLL win64.PNG

In your case, it is important you open the 'win64' folder to match your VLC installation. Do not copy the win64 folder itself.

Upon opening the 'win64' folder, you should see four DLL files. Select all four files as shown below:
3 - DLL Copy.PNG

Once you have selected all four DLL files, right-click and copy them, then navigate to the VLC directory. It should be something like this: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC

Paste the four DLL files into this VLC folder. It should look like this after you have copied the four DLL files:
4 - VLC Folder.PNG

Note that I didn't copy the 'win64' folder, or the 7z archive file. You only copy the four DLL files and you must paste them in this specific directory.

Edit: Sorry if this is pushing the limits of hospitality on the Redfox forum

Sorry if this is pushing the limits of hospitality on the Redfox forum
Why should it? You are helping another member, the exact reason why this forum exists.
And that's why these subforums exist, to allow this talk about other software from outside Redfox.

Meh, like explaining to my mother ...
You extracted the keydb to the aacs folder, BUT the Windows build-in extractor has the habit of creating an extra folder where it extracts the actual file to.
You have to click on the keydb.cfg, hold the left mouse button and drag it to the aacs folder (which is one level up, as ryley mentioned), then release the mouse button:
upload_2022-9-13_10-22-22.png

Then it should look like this and you can delete the keydb_eng folder
upload_2022-9-13_10-23-4.png

But you are right, since Bluray is not an "easy shit" as DVD, this whole topic is a waste of time.
BluRay is not meant to be played on PC without a proper Player (like PowerDVD and such)
I tried all the steps mentioned here on a fresh installed Win10 and failed.

Tell you what...
undo everything you did (aka remove the aacs folder, the files you copied to the VLC folder and Java)

Then install AnyDVD HD, run it
Rightclick your drive with the bluray inserted -> hit autoplay -> choose VLC (if not done automatically) -> ignore the message concerning the menu and Java
And watch the movie.

this whole topic is a waste of time
I just tried it myself and could play the BD of Wrath of Khan. I could even play the 4k iso.
It did not work to select a language in the pre-menu screen, but that has nothing to do with the encryption. It also applys for AnyDVD, I already encountered it a few times in the past.

I could not play the BD of the first movie, probably because it just isn't in the database yet (it tells me that it couldn't find a key in the aacs file stuff). But there appears to be a tool to update the file and another tool like the AnyDVD Scanner to support it. But you have to install the Fab stuff for that. I will not judge about this yet, as I have to take a closer look on how that really works. I didn't know about that until now.

So yes, AnyDVD is more comfortable and you don't have to worry about keeping it up to date as the devs do everything for us, but since this approach is completely free, it is defenetly not a waste of time.

I just tried it myself and could play the BD of Wrath of Khan. I could even play the 4k iso.
With start menu?
Without menus, just playing the movie, that I managed to achive ... but if I'm correct, the OP wants to play with menus, extras and stuff

As soon as I install Java, the disc is not found anymore by VLC.
Uninstall Java -> main movie plays fine ... that is where I opted out :rolleyes:

Put the cfg. file in the aacs folder first not in the sub folder! I know of the other site and did a search so go here! https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924 to that post. Download the 64 bit libaacs/libbdplus dlls. Extract them and put the 4 dll extensions in the vlc directory. After you do that it should work.

Last edited:
I will deal with trying to get those 4 needed dlls later. But for now I still don't get what to do about this. See screenshot. See that even though I had previously put the downloaded compressed file into AACS and decompressed it there doesn't seem to be any contents except for keydb.cfg. I have no idea what to do next.

Attachments

• Shot3.png
    Shot3.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 10
I have no idea what to do next.
Do you see the difference between my screenshot and yours? You have a keydb_eng folder inside of your aacs directory. This is not correct. The keydb.cfg file which is currently inside of the keydb_eng folder must be moved to the aacs folder, not a subfolder within the aacs folder.

Start by navigating to your aacs folder in Windows explorer:
Step 1.PNG

Double click on the 'keydb_eng' folder. You should see a single file named 'keydb.cfg':
Step 2.PNG

Right-click on the 'keydb.cfg' file and click 'Cut'. Now go back to the aacs folder you were in a moment ago.
Step 3.PNG

Right-click anywhere you like within this folder and click 'Paste'. You should now see a folder with a keydb_eng folder, a keydb.cfg file and a keydb_eng.zip file:
Step 4.PNG

If you do not see these three files, you may have missed a step.

When this is done and your folder matches mine, you will still need to copy the four DLL files into the VLC folder. We can cross this bridge when we come to it

Folks, what are you all talking about?
1.) Install AnyDVD
2.) Install VLC
3.) Install matching Java (32 bit for 32 bit VLC, 64 bit for 64 bit VLC)

Play Blu-ray disc and be happy.
I second that. You guys are fumbling with stuff that is completly unneccesary if you own AnyDVD.

You guys are fumbling with stuff that is completly unneccesary if you own AnyDVD.
I own AnyDVD, from both Slysoft and Redfox, and there have still been occasions and platforms which have necessitated using the keydb/libaacs fallback. I’m just trying to help a user who doesn’t own AnyDVD, so I think this thread is still serving a purpose. I don’t mind the ‘fumbling’ either, because everyone has a different level of tech literacy.

Double click on the 'keydb_eng' folder. You should see a single file named 'keydb.cfg

Right-click on the 'keydb.cfg' file and click 'Cut'. Now go back to the aacs folder you were in a moment ago.

Right-click anywhere you like within this folder and click 'Paste'. You should now see a folder with a keydb_eng folder, a keydb.cfg file and a keydb_eng.zip file you do not see these three files, you may have missed a step.

When this is done and your folder matches mine, you will still need to copy the four DLL files into the VLC folder. We can cross this bridge when we come to it
Done. Have the three files but, as before, the compressed file doesn't have the .zip extension, like yours does, though to the right of Explorer does says it's a "compressed (zipped) folder".

Assuming this is immaterial regarding the 4 dlls, when I go here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924 and download the 64 bit libaacs/libbdplus dlls, do I put them here and then extract them?

Also, when I go here https://mega.nz/file/oJVjwKCT#0L7a7ftjQhVqcIOXUOZid88818Rnsu-y_CyKY3ra4-4 how do I select the the 64 bit version to download and/or decompress?

Attachments

• Shot 4.png
    Shot 4.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Shot 5.png
    Shot 5.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Done. Have the three files but, as before, the compressed file doesn't have the .zip extension, like yours does, though to the right of Explorer does says it's a "compressed (zipped) folder".
That sounds fine. Windows explorer allows you to hide or show file extensions.

Also, when I go here https://mega.nz/file/oJVjwKCT#0L7a7ftjQhVqcIOXUOZid88818Rnsu-y_CyKY3ra4-4 how do I select the the 64 bit version to download and/or decompress?
Disregard that link. It is for an older version of libaacs. You do not need the linked file.

Assuming this is immaterial regarding the 4 dlls, when I go here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924 and download the 64 bit libaacs/libbdplus dlls, do I put them here and then extract them?
The link for the latest version of libaacs is at contained within that page. For the sake of clarity, I'll add it here as well: Link

When you click on this link, you will be able to download a file named '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z' . You do not choose between 32 or 64 bit versions at this stage. Both 32 bit and 64 bit are contained within '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z'
1.PNG
After you have downloaded '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z', go to your downloads folder and right click on '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z'. You should have an option provided by 7-zip, WinRAR or another archive tool to extract the files contained in '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z'
2.PNG

After you have clicked 'Extract...', open the newly created folder. It should be named '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus'
3.PNG

Inside this folder, you should see three folders. Open the folder named 'win64'
4.PNG

Inside the 'win64' folder, you should see the required DLL files. Right-click on them and select 'Copy' or 'Cut'
5.PNG

Now go the VLC folder (your screenshot seemed to be the correct path: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC )
6.PNG

Right-click anywhere in this directory and select 'Paste'. Take care to not put the DLL files in a subfolder. The four DLL files should be alongside the existing DLL files such as 'axvlc.dll' and 'libvlc.dll'

Back