• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flawless 1080p BD Playback with VLC Player??

Well then why couldn't any of those responding give a straight answer about this.
Probably because everyone assumed that you at least know that there are copy protections on commercially created discs.
Those discs are meant to be played in standalone players, not in PCs. Redfox created a way around this.

I mean VLC is free but Red Fox stuff is not or I'd run the test myself.
You are aware that every Redfox Product has a 21 day evaluation time?
From the purchase page:
upload_2022-9-10_21-44-41.png

Last edited:
but things this page wants me to do are too complex
You just have to place two files. No effort at all.

Therefore, instead, please say if installing AnyDVD HD on my system will instantly enable BD movie disc playback via VLC player.
I already did.
As I said, I always use VLC to play my discs and I have no issues.
It can play BDs, in fact I never used another player.

WTF! Well then why couldn't any of those responding give a straight answer about this.
I also already did you tell that.
So after AnyDVD has decrypted the disc, you can just open VLC and choose it.
I also told you that you can just try it for free.
There is a trial for AnyDVD, just install it and try it.

But if yes, will I still need Java to play the original menu of the BDs?
This has been mentioned as well, numerous times:
If you don't have Java installed, it will just play the main movie.
As DeepSpace mentioned, you get a warning without Java (you can get it from java .com ) and then the main movie starts to play.
You also have to install it in order to play the menu of normal BDs.
Install Java and then try to play a few discs.
You can download Java here.

Please note that I don't want to be mean, but you can just google for a Java download (even though it has been mentioned already by cartman, you might missed it because he hasn't made it a link) and the fact that you need Java for the menus has been repeated several times already.
And about AnyDVD, yes, we assume that you have some sort of basic knowledge about these things, so we haven't mentioned it right away. Since you know of this forum, mentioned AnyDVD and even decrypting in your initial post, it was logic to assume that you just wanted to know if it also works with VLC, and not just with this JRiver Player.

Probably because everyone assumed that you at least know that there are copy protections on commercially created discs. Those discs are meant to be played in standalone players, not in PCs. Redfox created a way around this.

You are aware that every Redfox Product has a 21 day evaluation time?
From the purchase page: View attachment 67339
Of course I know that BDs are copy protected, otherwise JRiver wouldn't need decrypting software. But I knew that Any DVD HD works for JRiver; I didn't know this for VLC.

But I did forget about the available trial period. Thanks. So I will try it out and see what happens.

I downloaded it but it's an application so it should install itself when I click on it.
I do not have much left to say anymore.
It is not an application, it is a .dll file and if you read the text on that site, it tells you to put the files into specific folders. Not no install anything.

About Java, yes. Just download the file for your system and install it. It doesn't matter in which order you do it, only that you have to install it before opening VLC.

And if you should decide to use the trial of AnyDVD, you don't have to download the .dll stuff at all, only Java for the menus, because then AnyDVD does the decryption for you.

I do not have much left to say anymore.
It is not an application, it is a .dll file and if you read the text on that site, it tells you to put the files into specific folders. Not no install anything.

About Java, yes. Just download the file for your system and install it. It doesn't matter in which order you do it, only that you have to install it before opening VLC.

And if you should decide to use the trial of AnyDVD, you don't have to download the .dll stuff at all, only Java for the menus, because then AnyDVD does the decryption for you.
I clicked on VLC in the list of Windows Program files and then copy and pasted that libaacs.dll and then had to click on it to open it. Then installed the Java download.

But playing a BD movie I get this error Blu-ray error: Missing AACS configuration file! Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///D:\'. Check the log for details.

Any idea about what I did wrong?

Did you also copy the keys.db file to the correct folder, as stated on the site?

Yes, that is the correct file. But I have no idea why you want to put it into the VLC folder as well.
https://vlc-aacs.whoknowsmy.name/ clearly says:

Windows: put it in C:\ProgramData\aacs\
Mac OS X: put it in ~/Library/Preferences/aacs/ (create it if it does not exist)
Linux: put it in ~/.config/aacs/
Linux SNAP: put it in ~/snap/vlc/current/.config/aacs/
I have VLC installed but that folder aacs does not exist. Would you have to create it?

Yes, that is the correct file. But I have no idea why you want to put it into the VLC folder as well.
https://vlc-aacs.whoknowsmy.name/ clearly says:

Mac OS X: put it in ~/Library/Preferences/aacs/ (create it if it does not exist)
Yes, I must have missed seeing that so assumed that it also belonged in the VLC folder. But all I see is C:\ Program Data. And when I click on Program Data I don't see aacs. What does this mean?

Does it have anything to do with the fact that in Program Data I see a folder for the Cyberlink DVD player but no folder for VLC or Videolan?

Yes, I also don't see aacs in the Program Data folder.
Deepspace seems to know the procedure. I would assume you have to create it if it is not there. I have AnyDVD installed so all I need is Java.

Read the information on the Website; maybe it will tell you to create the folder.
I went back to here
https://vlc-aacs.whoknowsmy.name/ , downloaded the aacs for Windows 64 bit and pasted it into the VLC directory. BUT did I make a mistake of replacing it with the one that was in there?

Also, I didn't yet put keydb.cfg - Language English (17450 entries)
into C:\ Program Data folder, though even after restarting my pc I still don't see aacs in that folder. Can someone advise?

Last edited:
Would you have to create it?
But all I see is C:\ Program Data. And when I click on Program Data I don't see aacs. What does this mean?
Again, I can only ask you to READ. Granted, for some reason it is only mentioned for Mac OS, not for the other systems. But this is not the first time in this thread I repeat an information you can see by yourself, so please forgive me that I feel a bit annoyed by now. Of course I don't know how much experience you have with using a computer, but to just create the folder you need if it is not there is the most obvious thing for me.

So if you are in C:\ProgramData\, then create a new folder called aacs and paste the file into there.

You have to go into the control panel File Explorer Options and check, show hidden files folders and drives in order to see the program data folder.
That is not neccessary. You can just paste C:\ProgramData\ into the explorer bar at the top and press enter. So if you have them turned off by default, you don't need to enable them just for this one task.

Granted, for some reason it is only mentioned for Mac OS, not for the other systems............how much experience you have with using a computer, but to just create the folder you need if it is not there is the most obvious thing for me.
I did READ, but I learned long ago not to assume anything, especially regarding science and technology. So I relied on whoever wrote that page to state the instructions accurately and completely. It's not my fault if they did otherwise.

So if you are in C:\ProgramData\, then create a new folder called aacs and paste the file into there.

Last edited:
Did all that. But will this zip file decompress automatically when I restart my pc, or do I have to right click on it and click Extract all?

but I learned long ago not to assume anything
Ok, I can understand that. But sometimes I just had to assume something, otherwise I would've never learned some things, because I would still be stuck at the same point.

But will this zip file decompress automatically when I restart my pc, or do I have to right click on it and click Extract all?
This on the other hand is basic PC knowledge. It is good that you want to be sure before you mess anything up, and maybe even end up with a non-booting system. But of course you have to extract it in order to use it. I heard of auto-extracting archives, but almost everything I ever downloaded was a normal zip file you have to extract. So in this case I wouldn't have even gotten the idea to do it otherwise.
wouldn't have even gotten? what on earth is that abomination of words the translator gave me there lol

For some people I now look as the jerk I was month ago, but that is not true. I just want to express my point of view, nothing else. And for me, things like these are natural/ self-explained. That's why I couldn't see the reason why you ask about every minor detail.

Back