• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvdfab decrypter/Blade-House of Chthon

I guess you missed the posts which reported it did not work!

Oh yeah, I just did a full disc backup and it plays perfect on both my pc(windvd) and dvd player(sony). :D

Last edited:
Task_1 failed! Error=102(VTS_01_0.VOB 645120 593920)

If anyone gets an error like the above [error code 102] at the beginning of the ripping process then go into Common Preferences | DVD | Read | Cache Control and disable the read-ahead cache. Until I did that I was unable to make a backup of any DVDs even a 100% unprotected retail disc. All attempts died immediately during the the copy where VIDEO_TS.VOB was being read.

Other than that the new release appears to work. I'm still confused by the people who said no prior versions worked on BloodRayne 2 - Deliverance though. BloodRayne 2 did not work with DVDFab HD Decrypter 3.1.8.0 but did work just fine with 3.1.9.0 beta and 3.1.9.2 beta.

DvdFab 3195 beta worked like a charm. I put the disc in and started up DvdFab it read it twice then backed up the full disc in 14 minutes and 14 seconds. :D

This discussion was cleared why post reply to create havoc? The whole disc can be done IF you own the program. This is my last post on this as it is ridiculous to bicker on other software you just don't have access to or want.

"This Discussion"? And you completely lost me with the rest of your post. :confused:

"This Discussion"? And you completely lost me with the rest of your post. :confused:

He was referring to DVD95Copy or whatever that program is called being updated to handle Blade HoC. His original post on it wasn't overly clear that not backing up the last 20 minutes was for the trial copy and not the full version of the program. We made an issue of the not copying the last 20 minutes thing until he explained to us that it was only a trial limitation which made sense. That's all. Nothing to see here. Move along. :)

Thank you SamuriHL for your attempt to make sense of the post but I have yet to figure out what the below means. :D:D Perhaps the poster will explain?

why post reply to create havoc? The whole disc can be done IF you own the program. This is my last post on this as it is ridiculous to bicker on other software you just don't have access to or want.

Just as a follow-up to my code 102 error message, if anyone has a Plextor drive make sure to disable the read-ahead cache in DVDFab Decrypter. This seems to be a Plextor-specific problem.

I agree too man but anydvd is not a free program.It is worth the money but when you have a "free" program getting past this newest protection,sooner,this is not good for slysoft.

There's another factor that you're forgetting in this - the matter of the methods used to "remove" the protection.

AnyDVD operates at the device level, atually attempting to remove the protection before the rest of the system (including the encoder) even sees it. qas it is a driver, there are plenty of restrictions on what it can do with the data. Advantage to this method is that it's transparent: it'll work with any decoder/encoder out ont he market today, as long as the underlying driver can handle the protection.

DVDFab, in their current versions, runs at the program level, and includes a "virtual player" module called PathPlayer. Using that, they can bypass some protections more readily than AnyDVD can, due to their "virtual player" fooling the original protection into thinking it's on a real DVD player, and then just passsing the decrypted data to their own encoder/ISO module. The program because of that is monolithic, and subject to compromise far more readily than AnyDVD is, as witness that the PathPlayer module is being removed from DVDFab - IIRC because the Copyright Gangstas That Be are getting on them the same way that RipIt4Me was shut down for using a similar method.

In other words, chill, AnyDVD will get there - and SlySoft, both due to their location and to the people working there - have produced the most consistent fair-use enabling software out there.

There's another factor that you're forgetting in this - the matter of the methods used to "remove" the protection.

AnyDVD operates at the device level, atually attempting to remove the protection before the rest of the system (including the encoder) even sees it. qas it is a driver, there are plenty of restrictions on what it can do with the data. Advantage to this method is that it's transparent: it'll work with any decoder/encoder out ont he market today, as long as the underlying driver can handle the protection.

DVDFab, in their current versions, runs at the program level, and includes a "virtual player" module called PathPlayer. Using that, they can bypass some protections more readily than AnyDVD can, due to their "virtual player" fooling the original protection into thinking it's on a real DVD player, and then just passsing the decrypted data to their own encoder/ISO module. The program because of that is monolithic, and subject to compromise far more readily than AnyDVD is, as witness that the PathPlayer module is being removed from DVDFab - IIRC because the Copyright Gangstas That Be are getting on them the same way that RipIt4Me was shut down for using a similar method.

In other words, chill, AnyDVD will get there - and SlySoft, both due to their location and to the people working there - have produced the most consistent fair-use enabling software out there.
Slysoft has been working on a feature similar to PathPlayer, called the "AI Scanner."

LOL you said all of this mumbo jumbo which sounds great by the way yet when its all over and done dvd fab can decrypt the movie and anydvd cannot as of yet. Like someone said once "to rely on one program to do it all would be foolish" Seems to me like Slysoft crew need to start making some kind of "special connections" in the states so they can get these movies faster or ahead of time, Im sure with all of the money they make it wouldnt be 2 hard to bribe somebody.

The program because of that is monolithic, and subject to compromise far more readily than AnyDVD is, as witness that the PathPlayer module is being removed from DVDFab - IIRC because the Copyright Gangstas That Be are getting on them the same way that RipIt4Me was shut down for using a similar method.
If I read that correctly, DVDFab is removing the PathPlayer because of what happened with RipIt4Me? That doesn't sound right, where did you read this?

Last edited:
If I read that correctly, DVDFab are removing the PathPlayer because of what happened with RipIt4Me? That doesn't sound right, where did you read this?

I hadn't replied but that post left me asking a few questions, as well. My interpretation was that DVDFab is currently being attacked just like RipIt4Me was. But, this is the first I've heard about it.

I hadn't replied but that post left me asking a few questions, as well. My interpretation was that DVDFab is currently being attacked just like RipIt4Me was. But, this is the first I've heard about it.

I posted on the DVDFab Forum on CDFreaks asking about the post by johndmes and if it was true.

The post was deleted for some reason, but fengtao (the DVDFab author) replied with:

PathPlayer is a new but powerful technology, we understand *they" are afraid of it, including industry and competitors.

We will continue to improve PathPlayer to beat latest copy protection, don't think PathPlayer can break all future copy protection, it still need be updated sometimes.

So it's a long run between copy protection and fair-use right, but we have a very powerful weapon, we can always break new protections.

So it appears johndmes is completely full of crap and is either trolling or trying to start rumors for his own or some other agenda.

I kinda knew the post was full of crap. 1) DVDFab wouldn't bend over just like that and 2) there was no proof in his post.

Pelvis, I'm getting my posts deleted too. This whole copy-protection-defeating-program-war is getting a bit beyond a joke. Go all programs which allow fair use I say!

I posted on the DVDFab Forum on CDFreaks asking about the post by johndmes and if it was true.

The post was deleted for some reason, but fengtao (the DVDFab author)

Your post was deleted as well as my post that corrected your link. You were making people have to read 10 pages of junk to get to the statement by johndmes by sending them to page 4 when the statement was on page 14. Both our posts were removed.

So it appears johndmes is completely full of crap and is either trolling or trying to start rumors for his own or some other agenda.

And, yes, the post smelled like garbage from the beginning. The problem is why would a troll even post that in the Slysoft forum? If were truly trolling it would have been said in the DVDFab forum...

I kinda knew the post was full of crap. 1) DVDFab wouldn't bend over just like that and 2) there was no proof in his post.

Pelvis, I'm getting my posts deleted too. This whole copy-protection-defeating-program-war is getting a bit beyond a joke. Go all programs which allow fair use I say!

I actually can understand why Pelvis Popcan's and my own post were removed. I'm not sure which of yours were removed.

Anyway, this discussion really doesn't belong here and has nothing to do with AnyDVD or Slysoft.

You were making people have to read 10 pages of junk to get to the statement by johndmes by sending them to page 4 when the statement was on page 14. Both our posts were removed.

You mean you've never gone into your User Control Panel and set the number of posts per page to 40? :)

Well, I'm a fan of Blade so maybe I'll go pick this up and play around with it. Webslinger's about to shoot me...but, has anyone tried DVDFab HD Decrypter's fancy new feature to see if that works on this thing? NOTE: I'm NOT advocating another product here in this thread...simply wondering if anyone's tried their new feature on it.

i used the dvdfab3200 and it worked great on the new Blade House of Chthon

Back