• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvdfab decrypter/Blade-House of Chthon

i used the dvdfab3200 and it worked great on the new Blade House of Chthon

You're a little late to the party on that one. :) Yes, 3.1.9.5 beta or higher is able to copy it. Now we're just waiting for a Slysoft update to AnyDVD to deal with this moronic protection.

You're a little late to the party on that one. :) Yes, 3.1.9.5 beta or higher is able to copy it. Now we're just waiting for a Slysoft update to AnyDVD to deal with this moronic protection.

Which seems like it's taking forever. I've already done a full disc backup with dvdfab anyway. Slysoft is really falling behind lately first Blades of Glory and now Blade. That's why I've switched to DvdFab.

Last edited:
Which seems like it's taking forever. I've already done a full disc backup with dvdfab anyway. Slysoft is really falling behind lately first Blades of Glory and now Blade. That's why I've switched to DvdFab.

They're not just working on the protection for one disc. They have several that they're working on plus Blu-ray and HD DVD issues. Add to that the fact that they're likely working on the AI Scanner(tm) functionality, as well, and you can see how they may take a little longer to get an update out. They're working on it. Give them time.

You can switch to whatever you want, but there was a huge one day difference between fab and Anydvd in terms of Blades of Glory. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not true DVDFab had it on the first day after 2 betas and it took Slysoft almost a week even longer with Blade.

August 28th, 2007
DVDFab Platinum 3.1.7.6 Updated!

* New: Added support for a new protection as found on "Blades of Glory" (US).
* New: Added support for a new CORE X2 protection.
* New: Workaround for an authoring error by some DVD maker software.
* New: Improved UI on high DPI settings.
* New: Added support for 18x burning speed.
* New: Added HTTP and socks proxy settings.
* New: Updated language files.
* Fix: Several crash problem when copying DVD in certain cases.

3.1.7.4 Beta (Aug 26, 2007):
- New: Improved support for copying "Blades of Glory" (US), in "Full Disc" mode.

3.1.7.3 Beta (Aug 25, 2007):
- New: Added support for a new protection as found on "Blades of Glory" (US).

6.1.7.1 2007 09 01
- New (DVD): Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors", e.g.
"Blades of Glory" R1, US
Note: This new protection is supported by CloneDVD, CloneCD, DVDShrink
and Nero Recode without using the AnyDVD ripper!
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- Fix (DVD): False positive detection of Arccos on some unprotected titles
- Fix: Compatibility problem with Cruzer U3 memory stick
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Enough already...

This is one of many reasons why specific software fourums don't have a third part spot on their board(s) due to those fanboys saying one is better than the other sort of speak. There is allot of good tools. Who's the first to put out a working software to back up Full of it & Blade-House of Chthon? DVD95COPY Pro, that's who and this doesn't mean that the software is superior than the other just was ahead of the game. To me beta's doesn't count as official software to be able to copy it is more of a test run to see if all issues are addressed and there isn't more issues. As SamuriHL stated though enough already.

Not true DVDFab had it on the first day after 2 betas and it took Slysoft almost a week even longer with Blade.

The following is a quote from an old thread. It's part of a posting I made concerning Blades of Glory.

DrinkLyeAndDie said:
Note that DVDFab may have released an update quickly but it took 3 updates before a full disc rip of Blades of Glory successfully backed up w/o pixellation and scenes being removed. It removed too much from the original while removing the protections. The version that did work successfully was released 5 days ago which would make it Saturday September 1st. AnyDVD 6.1.7.1 beta was released on Sunday September 2nd. So, um, IMHO it looks like DVDFab actually only beat Slysoft by at maximum 24 hrs. Oh, and AnyDVD worked right with the first update to handle the protection.

Refer back to the DVDFab release notes if you think my figures are off. The first release came out claiming to handle the movie and didn't do it correctly.

3.1.7.3 Beta (Aug 25, 2007):
- New: Added support for a new protection as found on "Blades of Glory" (US).

The next beta still didn't fully handle Blades of Glory but it had it's protection removal improved.

3.1.7.4 Beta (Aug 26, 2007):
- New: Improved support for copying "Blades of Glory" (US), in "Full Disc" mode.

Still problems.

3.1.7.5 (Aug 28, 2007):

Still problems.

3.1.7.6 (Aug 28, 2007):

Still problems.

3.1.7.8 Beta (Sep 1, 2007):
- New: Installer will only ask for reboot, if a reboot is really necessary.
- New: Updated language files.
- Fix: A crash problem when analyzing DVD in certain cases.
- Fix: Error 400(39 3 ...) when copying DVD in certain cases.
- Fix: Error 400(39 5 ...) when copying DVD in certain cases.
- Fix: Several minor problems.

Eureka! It finally worked right! Oddly the release notes didn't even mention any fixes for Blades of Glory.

That said, Blades of Glory is not Blade - House of Chthon. DVDFab has updated their software and can handle it. Slysoft hasn't updated AnyDVD yet. I have a few ideas as to why it hasn't been done yet including the fact that the disc was still in transit the last we knew but I'll keep my speculations to myself.

There's no doubt Slysoft will be able to handle this movie sometime soon.

Edit: I was typing then the others posted before me. Nonetheless, it was DVDFab 3.1.7.8 beta that first correctly handled Blades of Glory. My point is not to argue or debate but I can't stand when people have their facts completely wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, and if we want to get into a pissing content about who's first, etc, you'll note that some of us were able to backup Blades HoC a full 2-3 days before any software was updated to handle it. Big deal. Being first doesn't mean much. As far as that goes, RipIt4Me was able to backup Blades of Glory on day 1 with no need for an update at all...just a tweak to the directory name. In the end, if you're happy with a piece of software, use it. I keep several ripping solutions on my laptop for this very reason. Not one solution out there is flawless and will work 100% of the time. If you have some overlap, however, chances are one of them will work for any particular disc. If you're unhappy with AnyDVD and the amount of updates recently, it's your right to switch to another product. I don't begrudge you that opportunity. I simply don't share that opinion.

Yes, and if we want to get into a pissing content about who's first, etc, you'll note that some of us were able to backup Blades HoC a full 2-3 days before any software was updated to handle it. Big deal. Being first doesn't mean much. As far as that goes, RipIt4Me was able to backup Blades of Glory on day 1 with no need for an update at all...just a tweak to the directory name. In the end, if you're happy with a piece of software, use it. I keep several ripping solutions on my laptop for this very reason. Not one solution out there is flawless and will work 100% of the time. If you have some overlap, however, chances are one of them will work for any particular disc. If you're unhappy with AnyDVD and the amount of updates recently, it's your right to switch to another product. I don't begrudge you that opportunity. I simply don't share that opinion.

IMHO, ideally there should never be fighting between the fans of different programs or the authors. The real fight should be between the users [who have their Fair Use rights trampled on] and the Industry. Let us not forget who the real bad guy is and instead waste time with petty infighting.

This is one of many reasons why specific software fourums don't have a third part spot on their board(s) due to those fanboys saying one is better than the other sort of speak. There is allot of good tools. Who's the first to put out a working software to back up Full of it & Blade-House of Chthon? DVD95COPY Pro, that's who and this doesn't mean that the software is superior than the other just was ahead of the game. To me beta's doesn't count as official software to be able to copy it is more of a test run to see if all issues are addressed and there isn't more issues. As SamuriHL stated though enough already.

Forums that do not allow discussion of other softwares are, quite simply, afraid afraid their purchasers will discover something better/cheaper. If not, why disallow discussion of things that may provide positive solution for a forum member? I applaud Slysoft for opening their forum to discussion of things that will help their members. If a software, or a software's forum, can't stand on it's own merit against similar softwares then I most assuredly don't want it.

BETA's don't count??? If a BETA version, of any software, accomplishes it's intended purpose........I would say that it "counts".

A beta is a beta is a beta. A beta will remain a beta until it is officially released. And I vote No....official versions count:D

A beta is a beta is a beta. A beta will remain a beta until it is officially released. And I vote No....official versions count:D

BETA releases are full working versions with improvements to the previous versions. The "official" release is, most commonly, identical to the BETA. :D

BETA releases are full working versions with improvements to the previous versions. The "official" release is, most commonly, identical to the BETA. :D

Except for those times when it isn't. Good day :D

blade house of cithon

i used dvd fab decrypter platinum to do a movie only copy and was successful

IMHO, ideally there should never be fighting between the fans of different programs or the authors. The real fight should be between the users [who have their Fair Use rights trampled on] and the Industry. Let us not forget who the real bad guy is and instead waste time with petty infighting.
Here, here!

Forums that do not allow discussion of other softwares are, quite simply, afraid afraid their purchasers will discover something better/cheaper. If not, why disallow discussion of things that may provide positive solution for a forum member? I applaud Slysoft for opening their forum to discussion of things that will help their members. If a software, or a software's forum, can't stand on it's own merit against similar softwares then I most assuredly don't want it.
Very true. But I think there is more to it as I found out recently. I won't start anything again as it seems every time I open my mouth I get it torn off. The whole episode about DVDFab and open source is still going on. It appears some people have taken it upon themselves to report me to the admins.

Why can't it go back to how it use to be when the bad guys are the copy-protection companies?

Should this be split?

Back to the topic at hand for a moment. I've done extensive testing with the beta of AnyDVD and Blade HoC...and by extensive I am not kidding. Here are my results:

AnyDVD Ripper - Good
CloneDVD FULL disc rip - Good
CloneCD full image - Good
ImgBurn full image - Good
DVD Shrink open disc directly - Good
Recode from Nero 7 open disc directly - Fail with unknown error
DVD2One trial - Crashes immediately when trying to do full disc

Mounted ImgBurn and CloneCD image with Daemon Tools and tried to open with Recode, also fails with AnyDVD active and deactivated. Suffice it to say there's a few issues here but overall, this damn thing ROCKS! Also of note just to make you guys appreciate these results some more...this is without Slysoft having received the disc yet. :D

Man that's excellent news! You're saying they haven't recieved the disc yet? I think that's a good enough test for this feature. :clap:

Problem with Blade HOC playback

Back to the topic at hand for a moment. I've done extensive testing with the beta of AnyDVD and Blade HoC...and by extensive I am not kidding. Here are my results:

AnyDVD Ripper - Good
CloneDVD FULL disc rip - Good
CloneCD full image - Good
ImgBurn full image - Good
DVD Shrink open disc directly - Good
Recode from Nero 7 open disc directly - Fail with unknown error
DVD2One trial - Crashes immediately when trying to do full disc

Mounted ImgBurn and CloneCD image with Daemon Tools and tried to open with Recode, also fails with AnyDVD active and deactivated. Suffice it to say there's a few issues here but overall, this damn thing ROCKS! Also of note just to make you guys appreciate these results some more...this is without Slysoft having received the disc yet. :D

Hi SmauriHL,

I was able to make a backup, but when I check the disc, I get choppy video and unsynchronized audio after about the 5th chapter. I used the AnyDVD beta 6.1.7.5 today with DVDShrink and DVDFab. I also used DVD Decrypter to the hard disk, and DVDShrink from there to a disk. Except for sending to the hard disk with DVD Decrypter, all other attempts were full-disc backups directly to disc. All had the same result of skipping video and audio after the 5th chapter.

This is my first post, so I hope I placed this posting in the correct spot.

Also, thanks to Slysoft for supplying a great product overall. I've been real happy over the past two years since I starting using their software and their support has been incredible.

I hear maybe version 6.1.7.6 will be out in a couple days. Maybe I'll hold off until then.

I use a Dell 8200, Win XP, Pioneer DVR-112D, use mostly DVD-R's if that means anything.

Thanks. Any suggestions would be helpful. Maybe I'll try movie-only in DVD Fab next.

Sincerely,

scottf (California)

Back