• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvdfab decrypter/Blade-House of Chthon

I imagine AnyDVD 6.1.7.6 will be another closed beta, but who knows for sure? We may get lucky and get to play with the beta.

Hi SmauriHL,

I was able to make a backup, but when I check the disc, I get choppy video and unsynchronized audio after about the 5th chapter.

While I can't say for certain, that's generally attributed to poor burn quality and/or the use of inferior quality blank media. Also, running fab and Anydvd at the exact same time is not a good idea.

Hi SmauriHL,

I was able to make a backup, but when I check the disc, I get choppy video and unsynchronized audio after about the 5th chapter. I used the AnyDVD beta 6.1.7.5 today with DVDShrink and DVDFab. I also used DVD Decrypter to the hard disk, and DVDShrink from there to a disk. Except for sending to the hard disk with DVD Decrypter, all other attempts were full-disc backups directly to disc. All had the same result of skipping video and audio after the 5th chapter.

This is my first post, so I hope I placed this posting in the correct spot.

Also, thanks to Slysoft for supplying a great product overall. I've been real happy over the past two years since I starting using their software and their support has been incredible.

I hear maybe version 6.1.7.6 will be out in a couple days. Maybe I'll hold off until then.

I use a Dell 8200, Win XP, Pioneer DVR-112D, use mostly DVD-R's if that means anything.

Thanks. Any suggestions would be helpful. Maybe I'll try movie-only in DVD Fab next.

Sincerely,

scottf (California)

The beta 6.1.7.5 is not meant for public consumption but since you're using it anyway, I highly suggest you try using the AnyDVD Ripper to rip this movie to your hard drive first, and then use a compression program on that. I did not have any playback issues with any of the programs I was successful with.

EDIT: Also, if this is a media issue, please playback the rip from the hard drive BEFORE burning to make sure the rip is valid. Otherwise you have media problems and we'll need more information to help fix that. Sticking to known good quality media like Verbatim and TY is your best bet.

While I can't say for certain, that's generally attributed to poor burn quality and/or the use of inferior quality blank media. Also, running fab and Anydvd at the exact same time is not a good idea.

DVDFab should handle the disc fine on its own. Yes, bad idea to run both. Egads... why? As for the problem... I have to rule out a media issue, personally, from my experience in some simple tests.

The beta 6.1.7.5 is not meant for public consumption but since you're using it anyway, I highly suggest you try using the AnyDVD Ripper to rip this movie to your hard drive first, and then use a compression program on that. I did not have any playback issues with any of the programs I was successful with.

EDIT: Also, if this is a media issue, please playback the rip from the hard drive BEFORE burning to make sure the rip is valid. Otherwise you have media problems and we'll need more information to help fix that. Sticking to known good quality media like Verbatim and TY is your best bet.

For the heck of it I tried 4 different things:

(1) Ripped the disc to my HDD and compressed to DVD-5 using DVD Shrink & AnyDVD 6.1.7.5 beta. The resulting output on my HDD had stuttering video, freezes, overly sped up video, missing audio and out of sync audio. TheaterTek DVD 2.5.10.0 was used for playback.

(2) Attempted to rip the disc to my HDD using Nero Recode & AnyDVD 6.1.7.5 beta. Not possible. Nero Recode errored during import.

(3)
Ripped the entire disc to my HDD using the AnyDVD Ripper 6.1.7.5 beta. The resulting output played back flawlessly using TheaterTek DVD 2.5.10.0.

(4) Ripped the entire disc to my HDD and compressed to DVD-5 using CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 and AnyDVD 6.1.7.5 beta. The resulting output had no video or audio issues. TheaterTek DVD 2.5.10.0 was used for playback.

Something to note is some info in the CloneDVD status window when ripping and the AnyDVD Ripper also probably handles this when it is used.

I 21:16:21 Processing started
D CloneDVDVersion: 2.9.1.2
W 21:16:21 Found and corrected IFO format errors:
I 21:16:21 Corrected invalid parental information table

So, yeah, people can play around with other programs like Nero Recode, DVD Shrink, etc but double check the results. This issue probably is specific to discs with a corrupted file system [ProtectDVD protection]. Of course as has been said many many times this was a private beta and should not be viewed as a 100% stable release. It's great but it's not complete yet. Any problems that occur are the responsibility of the person using the software.

Last edited:
I 21:16:21 Processing started
D CloneDVDVersion: 2.9.1.2
W 21:16:21 Found and corrected IFO format errors:
I 21:16:21 Corrected invalid parental information table

Beta for a reason. :) This is a known problem right now and will be fixed. My personal theory is the number of PGCs is causing issues. This disc is SERIOUSLY ****ed up. When I was doing my own rips of it I found what someone else had also discovered. During playback, it jumps around all over the place which is likely what's causing the jumpy playback issues. It'll get straightened out. Hang in there...some really kuel things are coming.

Beta for a reason. :) This is a known problem right now and will be fixed. My personal theory is the number of PGCs is causing issues. This disc is SERIOUSLY ****ed up. When I was doing my own rips of it I found what someone else had also discovered. During playback, it jumps around all over the place which is likely what's causing the jumpy playback issues. It'll get straightened out. Hang in there...some really kuel things are coming.

Oh, I'm definitely not bothered and know this stuff will be fixed. :) I was just offering some insight into the problem that was mentioned. I'm not one of the lucky private beta testers so I'll play around with this while I can and patiently wait for the official public release. :) Well, okay, I lied a little. I'll try to wait patiently. ;)

Last edited:
(1) Ripped the disc to my HDD and compressed to DVD-5 using DVD Shrink & AnyDVD 6.1.7.5 beta. The resulting output on my HDD had stuttering video, freezes, overly sped up video, missing audio and out of sync audio. TheaterTek DVD 2.5.10.0 was used for playback.

This I was not aware of (Shrink issue with direct import). I'll attempt to forward that information along. Thank you.

This I was not aware of (Shrink issue with direct import). I'll attempt to forward that information along. Thank you.

I'm going to try this again as I didn't think I had an issue the first time I did it. I'll verify it on my machine.

Glad to help. :)

I'm going to try this again as I didn't think I had an issue the first time I did it. I'll verify it on my machine.

On one hand I hope you don't have the same problem but on the other hand I hope you can confirm what I did find because if you don't then I have no idea what caused my problem.

On a side-note is there a way to split off these recent posts into another thread that's more specific to DVD Shrink or just separate? This thread originally had to do with DVDFab and we've hijacked it.

On a side-note is there a way to split off these recent posts into another thread that's more specific to DVD Shrink or just separate? This thread originally had to do with DVDFab and we've hijacked it.

Look what you did! :policeman: :D

On one hand I hope you don't have the same problem but on the other hand I hope you can confirm what I did find because if you don't then I have no idea what caused my problem.

I'm doing this as a straight rip with no compression. I've also turned off the option to allow Nero burning engine. I thought I tested this already but maybe I didn't let it playback long enough and made an assumption that it was ok when in fact it wasn't. That would not make me happy.

Given that it's my thread, I don't mind. It's more about Blade HoC with third party apps than DVDFab specific. :)

I'm doing this as a straight rip with no compression. I've also turned off the option to allow Nero burning engine. I thought I tested this already but maybe I didn't let it playback long enough and made an assumption that it was ok when in fact it wasn't. That would not make me happy.

Let me check my settings in DVD Shrink...

Full Disc copy

Preferences:

• Target DVD size...: DVD-5
• Hide audio and subpicture streams of insignificant size: unchecked
• Automatically open VIDEO_TS sub-folders: checked
• Run analysis and backup in low priority mode to improve multi-tasking: checked [Note: I wasn't multi-tasking though]

Preview:

• Enable audio and video preview: checked
• Enable audio preview mode suitable...: Stereo
• Select DirectX video renderer: System default

Output Files:

• Remove macrovision protection: unchecked
• Remove P-UOPs: unchecked
• Remove layer break: checked
• Split VOB files into 1GB chunks: checked
• Logical remapping of enabled streams: unchecked

Stream Selections:

• Audio language and coding type: All Languages and AC3 or LPCM
• Subpicture language: All Languages
• Disable all subpicture except menus and forced streams: unchecked

File I/O:

• Enable overlapped I/O: checked [Note: maybe this caused a problem]
• All the other settings in this tab: unchecked

I unfortunately have to confirm this problem with playback. The 5th chapter is noticeably screwed beyond belief. This does not happen with the AnyDVD Ripper version. I've attached IFOs from both rips to see if the problem can be determined from that.

Attachments

• Blade_HoC(DVDShrink).zip
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Blade_HoC(AnyDVDRipper).zip
    94.9 KB · Views: 1
I unfortunately have to confirm this problem with playback. The 5th chapter is noticeably screwed beyond belief. This does not happen with the AnyDVD Ripper version. I've attached IFOs from both rips to see if the problem can be determined from that.

:( Damn. Well, I'm glad I tested this out then! But still... damn. Ah well, I'm sure it'll get fixed soon enough. :D

:( Damn. Well, I'm glad I tested this out then! But still... damn. Ah well, I'm sure it'll get fixed soon enough. :D

I'm disappointed in myself for missing it, tbh. It plays fine in parts which is why I missed it. I just didn't have time to sit and watch every part of the movie for every rip I did on it. And with Recode and DVD2One not even opening the disc at all, well, that sucked.

Back