• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Current Supported UHD Blurays: Add Yours to Comments and they will be added to this list

I notice that Best Buy is now releasing a large number of Steelbook UHDs including Avengers Infinity Wars, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Ant Man and the Wasp, Solo A Star Wars Story, Mission Impossible Fallout, The Equalizer and Marvel's the Avengers (most of these are currently pre-orders).

Also, I now have about 110 UHDs and it is still true that in my collection "Fury" with it's AACS 2.1 is the only one AnyDVD can't yet handle.

So afaik the "list of unsupported UHD titles" remains at 2, Fury and The Patriot.

I think that's incredible. Kudos, guys !!

T

I tried Ready Player One in 4K when it released and it wasn’t supported.

Today I got Death of Superman UHD and AnyDVD doesn't decrypt it.

It's released by Warner Brothers and I don't see any .fmt files in Stream so thankfully I don't think it's AACS 2.1.

Since it just released this past Tuesday, I'm guessing AnyDVD is just not set up to decrypt it just yet....

T

And or probably won't be for a long time until aacs 2 is cracked

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

If aacs 2 isn't cracked then how are the UHD movies being decrypted my entire collection I have ripped to iso and they play just great or what is your definition of AACS 2 being cracked might be a better question?

if AACS 2.0/2.1 was cracked we wouldn't need specific drives that have a loophole in the firmware, we would be able to use any drive that can read UHD discs with any firmware (short of one that implements a higher revision)

Not sure I follow...

... Death of Superman is just a regular UHD AACS 2.0 title, like the others that AnyDVD already decrypts.

It's not 2.1, so I thought it would eventually decrypt like the other 2.0's, but it's early since it just released.

Am I wrong?

T

Not sure I follow...

... Death of Superman is just a regular UHD AACS 2.0 title, like the others that AnyDVD already decrypts.

It's not 2.1, so I thought it would eventually decrypt like the other 2.0's, but it's early since it just released.

Am I wrong?

T
You should be able to back the movie up soon unless it is AACS 2.1 and if that is the case then there will be only one decrypter on the market that can do the title for now and takes them quite awhile to add Movies like Fury that have AACS 2.1

You should be able to back the movie up soon unless it is AACS 2.1 and if that is the case then there will be only one decrypter on the market that can do the title for now and takes them quite awhile to add Movies like Fury that have AACS 2.1

For me, I'm not interested in using any other decrpyters. Been with AnyDVD for quite some time and sticking with them.

I only bought makeMKV during the period when SlySoft shut down and things looked bleak.

Once AnyDVD stabilized, I never used it again...

Yeah, I read that the test for 2.1 is that you see a .fmt file under the Stream folder of the movie.

I don't see that for this one so I don't think it's 2.1.

Also because so far only Sony has released 2.1 UHDs and as I mentioned "Death" is from Warner Brothers.

I did a protected backup. Keeping fingers crossed that it's really not 2.1 and will decrypt soon.

T

testiles I'm also not interested in other decryption tools I tested them a few and all worked 100 percent only ANYDVD and I'm very grateful for his work I would like to switch to UHD BD but they are very expensive and without the possibility of advances are not worthwhile because they are very sensitive and can soon to damage :(

testiles I'm also not interested in other decryption tools I tested them a few and all worked 100 percent only ANYDVD and I'm very grateful for his work I would like to switch to UHD BD but they are very expensive and without the possibility of advances are not worthwhile because they are very sensitive and can soon to damage :(

Amen to that Lukas!

You are right UHD's are expensive and very sensitive to damage.

But prices are coming down a little. A lot of times too you can catch a sale someplace like Best Buy online.

In order to protect my UHD investment, I always back them up as soon as I get them. That way, if the disc does get damaged, at least I have the backup.

T

testiles which UHD disks can ANYDVD decrypt now? otherwise do I understand so much about physical UHD buying an online copy?

testiles which UHD disks can ANYDVD decrypt now? otherwise do I understand so much about physical UHD buying an online copy?

Lukas,

AnyDVD really has great UHD support although it's not official quite yet.

Pretty much all UHDs can be decrypted (that I have encountered) except the newer ones with AACS 2.1 and there are so far only 2 of those, Fury and The Patriot.

Of course, for AnyDVD to decrypt, you have to play the UHD in a "UHD-friendly" drive, not an official UHD drive. There's already a lot about that in other threads here on this board.

About online purchase of UHDs, I meant ordering the UHD's online and having the disc shipped to your home.

I don't know where you're located but in the US if you order anything from Best Buy online you can either pick it up at your local store or have them ship it to you.

(Of course, Amazon has plenty of UHDs too, but Best Buy often runs UHD sales.)

So it's not an online copy, you just purchase the physical disc online...

T

testiles I find myself in Europe in the Czech Republic are UHD BD dependent on the region? next I would ask for an exact list of supported UHD friendly optical drives for ANYDVD HD THANK YOU

Of course they are, same as any other disc, unless authored to be region free. As to the drives, Google is your friend 'uhd friendly drives'

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

testiles I find myself in Europe in the Czech Republic are UHD BD dependent on the region? next I would ask for an exact list of supported UHD friendly optical drives for ANYDVD HD THANK YOU

I have heard that the Czech Republic is a beautiful country. Would love to go there one day....

Yeah, as Ch3vron says, UHDs are like any other Blu Ray and do have region associated with them, but AnyDVD removes that as a consideration as it allows you to play Blu Rays (and UHDs) from any region.

I have not personally played any Blu Rays from out of my region but my understanding is you just have to adjust a setting in AnyDVD.

In the early days, I think a lot of people used this UHD friendly list:

https://www.myce.com/news/the-ultim...list-with-recommendation-of-best-drive-83254/

Problem is though that manufacturers are aware now of the loophole that allows these drives to play UHD's and have plugged up the loophole with recent firmware releases.

So if you get a UHD friendly drive now, you have to make sure it doesn't have firmware beyond a certain release.

Again, there are threads here that thoroughly discuss this and even how you might be able to take a drive with recent firmware and downgrade it to a UHD-friendly firmware (but it ain't easy).

T

AFAIK UHD Blu-ray discs do not have region coding.

testiles the Czech Republic is very nice country :) but it seems to me I have been here for over a year in this community only: (from this country another problem is that I am not surprised how our optical drives slowly dying stay with us only manufacturers ASUS LG Lite- He and Pioneer so that my favorite samsung on DVDs will have to order from the amazon and friendly UHD also with us there are not optical drives what would be UHD BD readable other than Pioneer BDR-211EBK but I do not know if it is capable of ripping UHD on hardisk personally but I think that James could not know

AFAIK UHD Blu-ray discs do not have region coding.

James thank you for clarifying the codec region

Sorry I mis-spoke about the region on UHD then.

I thought UHD was a subset of Blu Ray and were pretty much set up the same way.

Thankfully we have people here with more expertise who can give us the benefit of their knowledge.

You learn something new everyday and I'm glad of it!

testiles the Czech Republic is very nice country :) but it seems to me I have been here for over a year in this community only: (from this country another problem is that I am not surprised how our optical drives slowly dying stay with us only manufacturers ASUS LG Lite- He and Pioneer so that my favorite samsung on DVDs will have to order from the amazon and friendly UHD also with us there are not optical drives what would be UHD BD readable other than Pioneer BDR-211EBK but I do not know if it is capable of ripping UHD on hardisk personally but I think that James could not know

Sorry to hear you don't have a lot of optical drives available (if I'm understanding what you're saying here). But at least you have some choices.

All I could find online was the Pioneer BDR-211UBK not EBK. It looks like an official UHD drive not a UHD-friendly drive.

UHD-friendly drives actually are not supposed to play UHD at all, but since they can read the medium that UHD's are on (BD-XL) can be "persuaded" to read them.

I don't think you could use this drive with AnyDVD to make backups because it's officially designed to read UHDs.

Maybe someone could look and tell you for sure though. Here's the link to the one I found:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/...+CD+Writer+Supports+Ultra+HD+Blu-ray+Playback

But you're better off trying to get one of the drives on the UHD-friendly list.

T

Back