• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Current Supported UHD Blurays: Add Yours to Comments and they will be added to this list

No Cinavia on that one either that I could detect.

Hi rdgrimes.

Oh ok.

I haven't watched it yet but just put it on and seemed to me the little fox was purple.

Since I can't do my usual Cinavia test of playing the movie in CloneBD preview player - because UHD movies run veeeerrrryyyy slow in the player - I turned off AnyDVD Cinavia software detection prevention and ran the movie.

Checked back about an hour later and still running -- with audio fine.

So yeah, looks like no Cinavia.

Have you ever run across Cinavia though on any UHD yet?

T

I wanna say that the Huntsman pair of discs have it, but its been a while since I checked.

I only have Huntsman Winter's War UHD.

Was able to play it in PDVD 17 for over half an hour with AnyDVD Cinavia protection OFF and no problems.

Also, it's released by Universal.

So I don't think that title has Cinavia.

I haven't yet run into any UHD's with Cinavia, but then again I wasn't actively checking for it.

From now on when I watch a UHD, I'll turn off Cinavia protection just to see if any of them have it.

Just to know.

T

I only have Huntsman Winter's War UHD.

Was able to play it in PDVD 17 for over half an hour with AnyDVD Cinavia protection OFF and no problems.

Also, it's released by Universal.

So I don't think that title has Cinavia.
The included blu-rays discs have Cinavia, maybe I confused them. I'll check it out later.

Confirmed that the Huntsman UHD discs also have Cinavia. DTS-X with Cinavia which triggers my Oppo from a BDMV folder.

I take it you mean Snow White and the Huntsman?

"Cause I didn't find it on Huntsman Winter's War. Unless PDVD 17 doesn't detect it even when AnyDVD's "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" is unchecked.

Interesting.

Just when I thought maybe the studios wouldn't bother with Cinavia on UHD discs.

I also didn't realize Universal was utilizing Cinavia.

Well I guess as long as AnyDVD continues to run interference it's cool.

Hoping there is no problem getting things working again in that regard for PDVD 18...

Thanks for checking rdgrimes.

T

Confirmed that the Huntsman UHD discs also have Cinavia. DTS-X with Cinavia which triggers my Oppo from a BDMV folder.
Hint: CloneBD will detect this within seconds.

Hint: CloneBD will detect this within seconds.

Not sure about for rdgrimes, but I can't get CloneBD to play UHDs in the Preview Player.

It plays a little, but at a sloooowwww crawl like it's in super slow motion or something. And there is no sound.

This is on the computer that I use to play UHDs in PowerDVD.

That's why I can't use this tried-and-true Cinavia test for UHDs.

Maybe I should open a thread about it in the CloneBD forum?

T

@ testiles:
Looks like you have an older video adapter. Consider a NVIDIA 10xx. Most likely the issues will go away.

I take it you mean Snow White and the Huntsman?

"Cause I didn't find it on Huntsman Winter's War. Unless PDVD 17 doesn't detect it even when AnyDVD's "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" is unchecked.
No, it was on Winter's War. That other popular ripping tool also identifies Cinavia - in both the Huntsman titles. I've seen it on other titles too, I just don't keep track and usually watch them in MKV anyhow so it doesn't matter.

No, it was on Winter's War. That other popular ripping tool also identifies Cinavia - in both the Huntsman titles. I've seen it on other titles too, I just don't keep track and usually watch them in MKV anyhow so it doesn't matter.

Hmmmm. I'm confused then why it's not causing issues for me in PDVD.

But I'm not complaining.

This is one of those mysteries that is a good thing.

Could also be possible (though remotely) that I have a version of the UHD that is Cinavia-free.

The important thing is that we now know there is Cinavia on some UHD discs.

T

@ testiles:
Looks like you have an older video adapter. Consider a NVIDIA 10xx. Most likely the issues will go away.

Hi coopervid.

Using Intel 630 internal graphics on a computer purchased earlier this year.

It plays UHD's flawlessly.

So it should really be ok to play what CloneBD is displaying in the Preview Player.

Does the Preview Player have some requirement that playing UHDs in PowerDVD doesn't?

T

The preview player is only just that. A PREVIEW player, while it can be used as a basic player, it's not really meant to be used as a full player like powerdvd etc. hich is likely why it stutters a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

The preview player is only just that. A PREVIEW player, while it can be used as a basic player, it's not really meant to be used as a full player like powerdvd etc. hich is likely why it stutters a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Right but on the Main title for UHDs, it's not playing at all.

It's advancing maybe a couple of frames per second.

Which is why it's not detecting Cinavia.

T

testiles,

do you have hardware acceleration enabled in the settings section? If yes, I suspect that this only works OK with Nvidia or AMD graphics chips. You should check with Reto in the CloneBD section I suggest.

testiles,

do you have hardware acceleration enabled in the settings section? If yes, I suspect that this only works OK with Nvidia or AMD graphics chips. You should check with Reto in the CloneBD section I suggest.

Yes, there is an option for QuickSync(Intel) h/w acceleration to decode and encode in CloneBD and I have that checked.

When you say "this only works ok with..." do you mean the Preview Player or h/w acceleration in general?

Yes, I agree I should post this issue over on CloneBD forum. Gonna do that now...

T

@coopervid Thanks for the tip.

Got a response on the CloneBD thread and you were right!

As far as UHD's go, CloneBD can't yet use h/w acceleration for Intel GPU's.

So the Preview Player is unable to work...

Appreciate it.

T

That sounds like a great idea!

But I think it would be a very short list and would probably only have AACS 2.1 titles on it.

At least, for my collection of, now over 90 UHDs, this is the case -- just Fury and that's it.

Hi Chevron. Is this true for UHD discs?

I haven't run across any variations yet on these discs - but then my experience right now is limited to what's on Amazon.

Are there steelbook and deluxe UHDs?

T

I notice that Best Buy is now releasing a large number of Steelbook UHDs including Avengers Infinity Wars, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Ant Man and the Wasp, Solo A Star Wars Story, Mission Impossible Fallout, The Equalizer and Marvel's the Avengers (most of these are currently pre-orders).

Also, I now have about 110 UHDs and it is still true that in my collection "Fury" with it's AACS 2.1 is the only one AnyDVD can't yet handle.

So afaik the "list of unsupported UHD titles" remains at 2, Fury and The Patriot.

I think that's incredible. Kudos, guys !!

T

Back