• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Current Supported UHD Blurays: Add Yours to Comments and they will be added to this list

testiles that's fine, and I have now taught him a new one in terms of optical drives I will probably have to order from Japan or look at the Amazon with the fact that I will buy it POWERDVD but the transition is not fun and I think the perception of the film study of the transition on UHD BD is somewhat distorted and studios do not see the complexity due to the protection that is the first badly breakable for pirates but the honest customer then has a problem with backup and hand on the heart most people prefer to play from the disk pc than from the optical unit on the one hand the original media damages the second the drive unnecessarily drives the disk is quieter

testiles that's fine, and I have now taught him a new one in terms of optical drives I will probably have to order from Japan or look at the Amazon with the fact that I will buy it POWERDVD but the transition is not fun and I think the perception of the film study of the transition on UHD BD is somewhat distorted and studios do not see the complexity due to the protection that is the first badly breakable for pirates but the honest customer then has a problem with backup and hand on the heart most people prefer to play from the disk pc than from the optical unit on the one hand the original media damages the second the drive unnecessarily drives the disk is quieter

Yeah, they do make it hard for honest customers to backup, especially UHD.

I agree you're protected from damaging your physical disc by playing a PC backup and it is quieter than running a drive. Also I find navigating UHDs is quicker with a backup than reading from the disc.

If you're planning on buying PowerDVD to play UHD backups, be aware it has its own very strict requirements to do that.

It will only play UHD discs if your PC has Intel Graphics and other PC requirements.

You can get around that though if you convert your UHD backup iso/folders to mkv files.

Fortunately my desktop has all the PowerDVD requirements but if it didn't I would make mkv's.

They definitely do not make playing UHD on computer easy!

T

testiles so if I understand that I have to convert UHD to MKV using CLONEBD from Elby?

testiles so if I understand that I have to convert UHD to MKV using CLONEBD from Elby?

Yes but only if you want to play UHDs in PowerDVD and you don't have Intel HD Graphics on your PC (which it requires to play UHD .iso's or folders).

Actually any file format (mp4, etc.) would bypass the Intel Graphics requirement but .mkv's can give the same video resolution, chapters, (multiple) audio streams, subtitles, etc. It's the closest format to actually playing the disc so I think it's the best substitute.

Keep in mind though that playing UHD's on a PC takes a lot of "muscle". So you would still need a fairly powerful GPU and a good CPU to play UHD mkv's at UHD resolution.

There are probably ways to make the .mkv's from UHDs other than CloneBD, but I recommend using it because it's quick, flexible and easy-to-use.

T

testiles thank you for your advice
This is quite off topic, but if you want my advice... Don't use a PC to watch UHD content. Yes, it is possible. But it really is a major pain, if you want HDR to work. At least at the moment.
I gave up a while ago and watch UHD content on media players like Nvidia Shield with Kodi (expensive, but the allrounder with Netflix & Co.), OSMC Vero 4K (not so expensive, very good, for enthusiast) or if you dare to experiment, a cheap chinese Amlogix S905X box with LIbreElec (cheap and quite good, if you get it to work).
AnyDVD -> CloneBD -> mkv -> NAS of some kind
NAS -> to all the little boxes with Kodi -> trouble free playback fun.

Just my humble opinion.

This is quite off topic, but if you want my advice... Don't use a PC to watch UHD content. Yes, it is possible. But it really is a major pain, if you want HDR to work. At least at the moment.
I gave up a while ago and watch UHD content on media players like Nvidia Shield with Kodi (expensive, but the allrounder with Netflix & Co.), OSMC Vero 4K (not so expensive, very good, for enthusiast) or if you dare to experiment, a cheap chinese Amlogix S905X box with LIbreElec (cheap and quite good, if you get it to work).

Just my humble opinion.

We are definitely off topic and should probably have someone split this but it's a good discussion. For PC, I'm using J River MC with madvr and HDR passthrough. madshi is currently working on some vast improvements in HDR->SDR conversion (not all projectors support HDR) and he's trying to make it as good or better than most TV's that have HDR support. I also have a SHIELD and use PLEX off my NAS. KODI works, too. And that gives HDR passthrough, as well. HIGHLY recommend a NAS for all this as it makes life SO much easier.

Just my humble opinion.

James, we were getting off topic and I was going to mention that to Lukas after my previous comment if he wanted to continue.

To respond to your comment, I hear what you're saying and yes, it's a MAJOR pain - I couldn't agree more.

I like that there are alternatives to playing UHD on PC and actually would love to try some of them out, but I've invested so much going down the PC path already that it'll be a while before I can try something else.

But for someone just now building a "file-based" UHD playback system, those are probably good alternate choices.

testiles thank you for your advice

Lukas, you are quite welcome.

If you want to further discuss, we could switch the conversation to pm or another thread since this thread is for discussing what UHD's AnyDVD currently does or does not decrypt.

Let me know....

T

Today I got Death of Superman UHD and AnyDVD doesn't decrypt it.

It's released by Warner Brothers and I don't see any .fmt files in Stream so thankfully I don't think it's AACS 2.1.

Since it just released this past Tuesday, I'm guessing AnyDVD is just not set up to decrypt it just yet....

You should be able to back the movie up soon ...

Just tried Death of Superman UHD again and AnyDVD is decrypting perfectly.

Thanks developers.

T

Since we are listing UHD's that AnyDVD doesn't decrypt here, only just now running across another, Ant Man and the Wasp.

This is another UHD that does not appear to have AACS 2.1, but probably does not decrypt yet because it was just released.

Will keep trying over the next couple of weeks and notify if/when AnyDVD decrypts it.

T

Yup, I tried that one over the weekend and found it doesn't work. Used a different solution for now. Will probably remake my MKV with CloneBD once it's supported.

Yup, I tried that one over the weekend and found it doesn't work. Used a different solution for now. Will probably remake my MKV with CloneBD once it's supported.

SamuriHL,

I wound up doing the exact same thing.

And will do the same as you (once supported) if I decide to keep the mkv around -- because CloneBD just does it better, at least IMHO. :=)

T

What do I have to do to get the Ant-Man and the Wasp UHD to work so I can make an ISO? I put it in and it says Error Processing Blu-Ray Disc in the status window.

That makes little difference. Most of (uhd) bd support is done through the OPD. Anydvd versions usually only contain small fixes for like full menu playback when screenpass protection is present.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I was able to use AnyDVD and CloneBD to make a new MKV last night. It could be a different disc than what they have in the online database.

Back