• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blades of glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see because it really is that simple, I doubted whether removing <> could really be the answer to decrypting such an otherwise complex flick to decrypt. Something else real strange is CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 can't decrypt my full-disc back up?:doh: Gives you that, "attempting to correct DVD structure" prompt:confused:. Like what you get when trying to back up the original disc using CloneDVD:doh:. Even more strange CloneDVD does not seem too initially have problem with creating a back-up the same movie from file.

It will be interesting to see because it really is that simple, I doubted whether removing <> could really be the answer to decrypting such an otherwise complex flick to decrypt. Something else real strange is CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 can't decrypt my full-disc back up?:doh: Gives you that, "attempting to correct DVD structure" prompt:confused:. Like what you get when trying to back up the original disc using CloneDVD:doh:. Even more strange CloneDVD does not seem too initially have problem with creating a back-up the same movie from file.
It isn't CloneDVD's fault. The disc has new protection which is having problems being decrypted. A new version of AnyDVD will fix this.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7085

It's not closed, it was just moved cause it's not AnyDVD related. :)

Yes. Thank you for explaining

Yeah he copied my post:doh:....I reposted here after my thread was closed. I thought I'd get the no double post warning instead I inspired a bit of plagiarism.

See my original post @ this closed thread Blades of Glory Backed Up Sucessfully.:agree::policeman:

*sigh* I didn't close your thread. I moved it into the Third Party Products forum.

This forum is dedicated for Anydvd discussion--not dvdfab or ripit4me.

If people wish to discuss those programs, I request that you do so in the Third Party Products forum: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

No knocks to the forum or the software produced by Slysoft or Elby, I own them and prefer them:agree:....But I do ask this question why not enhance CloneDVD with some of the decrypting abilities found in DVD decrypter and used by RipIt4Me.:agree: Both of these software have been pulled from general public access legally. I say this because DVD Decrypter seems to have an almost antidotal effect on practicly any and all encryption this software encounters? Yes the makers of RipIt4Me tweeked and combined DVD decrypter with other supporting software like FixVTS to make it even more practical and a overall go to favorite for many DVD collecting enthusiast.

Simply put, Why not make use of this now defunked but emmensely powerful and resourceful decrypting software found in DVD Decrypter? Slysoft legally makes their software available to the general public and have successfully protected their software from US priracy clauses. So again why not work to make their CloneDVD as resiliant and powerful as DVD decrypter and like RipIt4Me? RipIt4Me accompanied by DVD Decrypter seems to be on auto pilot, It doesn't seem to need updating....it's like an organic decrypting software?:confused: It just grows decrypting solutions.:agree:

No knocks to the forum or the software produced by Slysoft or Elby, I own them and prefer them:agree:....But I do ask this question why not enhance CloneDVD with some of the decrypting abilities found in DVD decrypter and used by RipIt4Me.:agree: Both of these software have been pulled from general public access legally. I say this because DVD Decrypter seems to have an almost antidotal effect on practicly any and all encryption this software encounters? Yes the makers of RipIt4Me tweeked and combined DVD decrypter with other supporting software like FixVTS to make it even more practical and a overall go to favorite for many DVD collecting enthusiast.

Simply put, Why not make use of this now defunked but emmensely powerful and resourceful decrypting software found in DVD Decrypter? Slysoft legally makes their software available to the general public and have successfully protected their software from US priracy clauses. So again why not work to make their CloneDVD as resiliant and powerful as DVD decrypter and like RipIt4Me? RipIt4Me accompanied by DVD Decrypter seems to be on auto pilot, It doesn't seem to need updating....it's like an organic decrypting software?:confused: It just grows decrypting solutions.:agree:

Clonedvd is not developed by Slysoft in Antigua. Clonedvd is developed by Elaborate Bytes and is also sold by Elaborate Bytes in Switzerland. http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/index.html. Slysoft is a reseller of Clonedvd.

The laws in Switzerland likely do not permit Clonedvd to offer decryption--or at least, by not offering decryption in Clonedvd the program can be sold pretty much anywhere.

Last edited:
Olli is the original author of Clonecd and Clonedvd . . .
And he was also responsible, in part, for dvd region killer, which was what Anydvd was called
before it became Anydvd. Believe it or not, Clonecd was a really big deal for its time--before Clonedvd
and before dvd region killer. Clonecd could backup copyprotected PC game cds that Goldenhawk's Cdrwin could not (and even
even did a better job than Discjuggler at one time).

I always found it somewhat interesting that Nero (back then the company was called Ahead) was, at one time, fascinated by Clonecd. Anyway, since Clonecd could backup some copyprotected material, it was probably a good idea to move
Clonecd not only out of Germany--but also out of Switzerland.

Clonedvd could remain with Elby (Elaborate Bytes) in Switzerland, because by itself, it doesn't circumvent digital protection measures. Anydvd needed to leave as well. Enter Slysoft . . .

from http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=695299&postcount=11

"Once upon a time, there was a guy who did CloneCD. CloneCD was released in November 1999.
He had a tiny little company in Germany which called itself "Elaborate Bytes, Oliver Kastl".
CloneCD always had 1 year of free updates, but from Version 1 to version 2 the price dropped (69,- USD to 49,- USD, AFAIR).
Because he didn't want, that all the customers who paid 69 bucks get really pissed, the guy said: Hey, you trusty fellows, you will get a lifetime of free updates! (Meaning from him, of course... he couldn't predict the things, that happened...).

Then came Macrovision and started to tease this guy. They managed to shut down his ugly white & green Website (hosted in the U.S.A., stupid!) and wrote a lot of scary letters with scary threats.
Then came Sony and started to argue, that "CloneCD violates one of their patents". The reason: If CloneCD is able to copy a patented Sony copy protection, it allows the CloneCD customer to break Sony's patent.
Sounded ridiculous, but became pretty serious after a short while.

The guy managed to get away from Macrovision & Sony, but was really scared. And he forgot to charge for updates.
He was searching for someone to buy CloneCD. Ahead was interested, but the Macrovision & Sony struggle scared them away.

Then came a clever swiss guy and said: "I buy your stuff for a lot of money!
I am in Switzerland, and I don't care about Sony or anybody."
The guy liked this a lot - he was a little afraid of legal stuff, as he was personally liable, and he had responsibility for his family - and sold the stuff to the swissman, who founded the company "Elaborate Bytes AG" (Corporation) in Switzerland.
So CloneCD was sold the first time in the year 2002 to Elaborate Bytes AG, including all rights, trademarks, sheeps, etc.

CloneCD stayed with Elaborate Bytes AG until September 2003.
Still, nobody was *ever* charged for an update!
Compare this with other companies...
Imagine this - no update charge from PowerDVD 2 until 4! Or think about WinDVD, even worse... Or Windows 98, ME to XP! Nero?
I think this was a fair deal!

Due to the legal change in Europe, Elaborate Bytes AG considered to sell CloneCD. SlySoft bought CloneCD, and they accepted the obligation to honor the "1 year free updates" for elby customers, which they did.
"
(rest snipped)

Last edited:

Webslinger answered why CloneDVD won't get that functionality, but, you must understand that AnyDVD does what it does *VERY* well. Besides decrypting discs for backup, which it does 99% of the time and only has trouble when new discs are released, it allows you to decrypt the disc on the fly for actually WATCHING the movie. This is GREAT for those of us with HTPC's. All the benefits of removing stupid copy protections AND PUOs in real time...that means I don't have to watch forced previews and anti-piracy messages on discs that I've legally purchased. DVD Decrypter requires you to rip the disc to the hard drive first...EVERY time. There will come a time soon where AnyDVD (hopefully) won't need as many updates. James is working on adding a new technology to AnyDVD to make it more resilient against all types of copy protections. And for the record, DVD Decrypter, even with R4M, is not perfect. It can't handle certain copy protections found in R2, for instance. And it will never get updated to do so. Stick with AnyDVD...you won't regret it.

To Webslinger:

I still have a copy of CloneCD dated from 1999. I still use it, now with AnyDVD running, but I also have the old version of ClonyXXL. Could never find an english language Clony though, so it is all in german.

This ancient software still copies CD's without a flaw.

ClonyXXl isn't developed anymore. I think 2.0.1.8 is in english.
I wouldn#t use outdate software though.

Last edited:
I don't use Clony anymore, I just save it, it has helped copy many, many cd's in it's time.

I use AnyDVD for any protected CD's, and the old CloneCD to copy and write with. It is a great one-click program. It is also incredibly fast.

Blades no Glory

trying to back up Blades Of Glory but instantly goes to repair window says "trying to repair damaged dvd structure" then gets to 79% and starts all over again,but never gets beyond that point,also tried with dvd shrink but gets only to last 8 seconds of anylising and stops there !

trying to back up Blades Of Glory but instantly goes to repair window says "trying to repair damaged dvd structure" then gets to 79% and starts all over again,but never gets beyond that point,also tried with dvd shrink but gets only to last 8 seconds of anylising and stops there !
Old news. This disc has new protection on it. An update for AnyDVD will be released to handle it.

I found a movie that is having problems backing up. Blades Of Glory, it starts out saying that it is "repairing bad sections of the movie" and goes to about 80% and then stops and won't back up. When I click on the next button it starts over with the "reapairing of bad sections of movie".
Anyway, wandering if anyone else is having this problem or if they have a new "update" out for this yet. It's a DreamWorks movie.

(out of all the movies this is the first one I have ever had a problem with)
Thanks for your help!

yeah, had that same problem this morning after I went and got it. I'm pretty sure someone will figure out something soon. Will try my own methods for now and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back