• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ Round 2

Since when is Linux more appropriate for an HTPC than Windows?8)

And another very important question: What's the point in waiting for an AnyDVD update when you're using Linux? And since when is Linux capable of decrypting (I assume you decrypt it with Linux cause you also said your rip the movies with Linux) BD's? Could it be you are only waiting for someone decrypting it for you so you can download it illegally?, which would explain why you did not list decrypting, too. :disagree:

There's certianly options on windows that don't exist for Linux but the same is true the other way around. Y'all can pry my mythtv systems out of my cold dead fingers. Yes it's a pain having to dual boot one of the boxes to windows to decrypt the movies I've bought. It's a pain that mplayer needs a patch and a cryptic command lines to play the containers with the correct language. Its annoying that GPU acceleration for H 2.64 acceleration is not (yet) available).

But the system as a whole is excellent, well organized, configurable, customizable exceedingly flexible, easy to use, compact on the frontend for all the households media needs (music, video, broadcast shifting, heck even SIP or Skype if you want), and FREE as in speech. A consequence of that freedom being there is no fear that PowerDVD will remove a feature you need mystically. Not for everyone but a lot of folks find Linux more appropriate for HTPC than anything else.

With all that said, If Slysoft published linux tools I'd happily buy them and un dual-boot the decrypter box. But I know that the market for linux software in the $10-$500 range is a wasteland because a large chunk of the linux people are hostile to closed software and most of the rest will bite the bullet and dual boot. (The enterprise linux software market is mighty healthy on the other hand).

Slysoft: Any interest in getting mplayer up to snuff as a replacement for PDVD [especially a specialized gui windows version]? The direct revenue wouldn't be great but it would sure make your other products more attractive.

[...]But I know that the market for linux software in the $10-$500 range is a wasteland because a large chunk of the linux people are hostile to closed software and most of the rest will bite the bullet and dual boot.[...]
That's not the reason. It's simply because a decryption driver would evolve in a kernel module. And since a kernel module would have to be compiled against the kernel it had to be open-source (due to the virus-like GPL). So on the one hand you can't make money with an open-source driver. On the other hand it would be very dangerous to publish the source code of an AACS decryption procedure. And that's also basically what the SlySoft team thinks like when I remember a discussion some weeks or months ago.

Last edited:
That's not the reason. It's simply because a decryption driver would evolve in a kernel module. And since a kernel module would have to be compiled against the kernel it had to be open-source (due to the virus-like GPL). So on the one hand you can't make money with an open-source driver. On the other hand it would be very dangerous to publish the source code of an AACS decryption procedure. And that's also basically what the SlySoft team thinks like when I remember a discussion some weeks or months ago.

Exactly. But a stand alone "Decrypter" application shouldn't be a problem, but it lacks AnyDVD's "beauty" of seamless system integration.

And another very important question: What's the point in waiting for an AnyDVD update when you're using Linux? And since when is Linux capable of decrypting (I assume you decrypt it with Linux cause you also said your rip the movies with Linux) BD's? Could it be you are only waiting for someone decrypting it for you so you can download it illegally?, which would explain why you did not list decrypting, too. :disagree:

Eh?! Umm, RIP\compress on Windows, watch on the VERY nice Linux\XBMC port after running it through eac3to then meGUI compressing with X264. In fact if you look around here a bit you'll find the TUTORIAL I wrote on how to do that!:mad: Your comments are offensive and I'd say I'm due an apology for the false accusation. It's possible to own more than one computer - hell I've got a quad core JUST for compressing video and other oddball work so my primary desktop doesn't have to do it.

If I were simply looking for an illegal copy I'm quite sure that one was released while this movie was in theaters - in fact that is NOT what I'm looking for. I simply refuse to purchase BD player software when my Windows box isn't what I wish to watch movies on!:bang:

BTW liel - take a look at XBMC - it can be used as a Myth front-end too. It's still not fully baked but EVERY HD video I watch is on it and ALL of my 600+ DVDs too. H.264 w/surround sound out of a MKV is no issue if you've got the CPU to decode it. Same interface as the old XBOX version with HD goodness. Works for me! One of these days I'll do the Myth thing too but only for OTA with my HDHomerun - the TIVO HD is what I use for other stuff.

... and is published by Warner, so no BD+

Batman: The Movie

Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.9)
ATAPI BDODH4O1S CP54 SNAP_MAIN_060519
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BAT_US
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
Removed UOPs!
BD+ Firmware warning removed!

still can't play, like Jumper

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Removed UOPs!

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

uploaded :):)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_K_BAT_US.zip
    284.6 KB · Views: 8

Thanks.

Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

Afc.sys is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions, but it may have come with your Arcsoft UDF reader. That filter can cause a lot of problems.

ArcCD (system32\drivers\ArcCD.sys), Version: 1.0.0.10 (1.0.0.10)
Company: ArcSoft Inc.
Product: ArcSoft UDF Reader
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2006-2007, ArcSoft, Inc. All rights reserved.
Description: ArcCD.sys ReadOnly
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 10
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 10

Again, I'd imagine that this UDF reader might cause conflicts.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Afc". Click "Removed Selected Filter". Select "ArcCD". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

2. After removing those filters, please retest, and reupload the .zip. It's possible removing those filters may not help, but I'm a bit curious . . .

Hey

Are there any news about AnyDVD HD ripping Jumper, ... ?
Will there be a fix soon?

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Removed UOPs!

Can you please try AnyDVD 6.4.5.0? Thank you!

To James or any of the Slysoft team.

Was this BD+ revision just a minor update for you guys or was there alot of work from the previous bd+ version.

Just trying to gauge how the guys on the other side are changing BD+. Is there alot more they can do to cause you alot of hassle or do you have it covered now whatever they mess with on the BD+ side.

It was some above a minor update. And there are still an infinite number of things they can throw at use.

It was some above a minor update. And there are still an infinite number of things they can throw at use.

Damn, no offense but I wish there was more competition. It's great what Slysoft is doing but how long into the future before Hollywood gets sick of it and throws a briefcase full of money your way.

With there only been one option available it's certainly looking bleak for the future :( I just hope Slysoft doesn't sell out :)

Damn, no offense but I wish there was more competition. It's great what Slysoft is doing but how long into the future before Hollywood gets sick of it and throws a briefcase full of money your way.

With there only been one option available it's certainly looking bleak for the future :( I just hope Slysoft doesn't sell out :)

i would hope not, i think slysoft has actually helped the movie industry, how many people use there computer to play back HDM i own over 100 hd dvd and blu ray movies and if Anydvd HD was not around i would own 0

Let's hope they continue to debut their new tricks on releases with... ummm... limited interest. :cool:

Back