• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Artifacts in video 1.0.1.1 and 1.0.2.0

Was the bug introduced with some new version or it exists from beginning?
All downloads were affected, or just specific ones?

I'm asking to know if I should check part of my downloads, check all of my downloads or just wipe all of them.
Yeah. I used only 1.0.1.0 64 bit and I wondered if this early version was affected too on Amazon? I tested 7 files and they seemed OK but not sure if I need to check everything?

Thanks for the update btw.

Thank you to the developers for fixing this. Can you please let us know ---

1) This was a bug only affecting Netflix downloading or Amazon too?
2) Original post says -- "All this happened to me with Anystream 1.0.2.0, but I had the same problem with version 1.0.1.1. With 1.0.1.0 the problem does not occur." -- Does it mean downloads from 1.0.1.0 were not affected?
3) Is it enough to check the first 1 minute of the video to find out if there was a problem? Or the problem can happen also after 1 minute? Does the log help to determine the video had this glitch?

Thank you

2) Original post says -- "All this happened to me with Anystream 1.0.2.0, but I had the same problem with version 1.0.1.1. With 1.0.1.0 the problem does not occur." -- Does it mean downloads from 1.0.1.0 were not affected?
I downloaded 2 Episodes of Dark with 1.0.1.0, 1.0.1.1 and 1.0.2.0. The ones downloaded with 1.0.1.0 did not show any Artifacts. The ones downloaded with 1.0.1.1 and 1.0.2.0 did always have the exact same Artifacts. I also downloaded all 3 Seasons with 1.0.1.0 and didn't have any artifacts.
3) Is it enough to check the first 1 minute of the video to find out if there was a problem? Or the problem can happen also after 1 minute? Does the log help to determine the video had this glitch?
I'm pretty sure only the first minute is affected. I watched the episodes and did not see any artifacts after the first ones.
Also this:
It's only a single frame that is broken

Thank you for your findings, Timo E.

I hope the developer can give a final confirmation about that. With version 1.0.1.0 I downloaded 1 series (24 episodes) but I'm afraid to check each episode's first minute because I'll receive spoilers. So either I'll redownload or not, if there is no need. After that I upgraded and was using 1.0.2.0 so for those 1.0.2.0 files I already deleted them and redownloading now.

1) This was a bug only affecting Netflix downloading or Amazon too?
Both.

Yes, there were major changes to the MP4 engine in 1.0.1.1. That said, though, v1.0.1.0 had its own problems, though not necessarily of any consequence to you (like subtitle descriptions were sometimes broken).

It's hard to say, it depends on the total duration and some other factors, but yes, I'm fairly sure, it's always within the first 60 seconds.
It was just a small fragment of rogue data (8 bytes) that overwrote an area early on.

Thank you for the writeup Pete. I've always tended to stick with older versions of apps until I see consistent reports that there are no bugs in them; then I switch. So I actually kept the first version of this app installed all the time and I'm glad I did, as it would appear the files I had checked (20) plus your comments suggest Amazon in that first version was OK. Thanks for your work and updates on this issue, I am very relieved hehe.

v1.0.1.0 had its own problems, though not necessarily of any consequence to you (like subtitle descriptions were sometimes broken).

Pete, thank you for the confirmation. It's a relief to know that I don't have to redownload the episodes because it really was a process, took me 5 or 6 days to get those 24 episodes without a download queue and consider the fact that I'm at work or sleeping and cant be there to attend all day, plus downloading at 1x speed the 50 min episodes. I was able to get 4 or 5 episodes in a day with constant monitoring of the process when I'm home. So its good I don't have to do that all over again. But there is still some more videos that I need to redownload because I got them with 1.0.2.0 but obviously it could have been worse so I'm happy.

About the subs, can you explain what was wrong with them in 1.0.1.0? I did get the subs in SRT external format. English is not my first language so I like to have English subs for those times when I cant hear what they said. It's not important, but I'll think about redownloading the the subs because it wont take up much time to do that.

v1.0.1.0 had its own problems ... (like subtitle descriptions were sometimes broken).

Hello Pete, can you explain more about what was broken with the subtitles in v1.0.1.0? Thank you for any clarification because I didn't exactly understand what you meant.

Hello Pete, can you explain more about what was broken with the subtitles in v1.0.1.0? Thank you for any clarification because I didn't exactly understand what you meant.
I think it was just it had issues when downloading them non externally and them being muxed in the mp4, it didn't seem to recognise them for me when remuxing etc. Seemed OK when downloading them externally and having the SRT separate.

============
I just bought a license and I had been sticking to the 1.0.1.0 version as I found it reliable and didn't want to test 1.0.3.1 beta until I heard the all clear. I had an issue though when I bought the license as I had to update as guide suggested to and also my HDD was missing when I tried using the oldest version with a paid license. I dled 1.0.3.0 by mistake and did one DL and saw that it gave all the blocky/damaged file at the 2-3second mark, but after switching to the latest beta it was OK :) Thanks for fixing.

could have been some bug with converting the ttml2 subtitles into .srt
(can't mux ttml in mp4/mkv,has to be .srt)
(subtitle files are not protected, you can download them directly if u have the url,even without a valid account..)
(and please no PM's asking how, i won't reply. instead,will put you on ignore. :p )
so... who cares if it was broken,when it works now... :)

Last edited:
Back