• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream shuts down after 1 AP download

It stops logging as soon as the TLS handshake is completed. Strange.

Just talking networking here from my experience but MTU issues can break TLS key exchanges but clearly since other providers work I seriously doubt that is the issue.

Clearly I am out of my element here so I will leave you to it.

Just talking networking here from my experience but MTU issues can break TLS key exchanges but clearly since other providers work I seriously doubt that is the issue.

Clearly I am out of my element here so I will leave you to it.
DQ, your help is always invaluable. Thank you.:)

I sent you a PM, it may have been an Amazon Web Services issue with some titles today. will you please try again at another time, and please let me know the outcome? If this is an issue, I cannot replicate it and that's serious. Please stay in touch.

So I have some bad news lol. It still doesn't work. I do, however, have some extra information about it (and I'll attach another log file).

So this time I put 3 episodes of the peripheral in the queue and when it got to 95% I watched it to the end. What happens is the download finishes and in the queue I can see the next episode changed to green and "downloading". Then the whole AS shut down.

Just to make sure, I went back in and downloaded 2 episodes of something from netflix and they went from one to the other seamlessly (no issues).

So it is still just AP that has a problem on mine. Best thing I can do to help is maybe record my screen to show you what happens?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.9.0.astlog
    826.1 KB · Views: 3
Well, the good news is that the problem is on your end, because I can’t duplicate it. I have no idea why it’s doing that but I am going to try my best to find out. We both downloaded the same installation file, so what happens on your end? Should have been on my end, I will discuss this with the developer of the program. Again, my apologies. Are these the episodes or the extras? Did you read the PM I sent you? Please check in the settings what download speed you’re using?

Last edited:
Seems like you are running out of a) hard disk space, or b) memory.
Keep an eye on your Windows task manager when AnyStream crashes. Maybe you find also some further information in Windows event log.

Seems like you are running out of a) hard disk space, or b) memory.
Keep an eye on your Windows task manager when AnyStream crashes. Maybe you find also some further information in Windows event log.

appreciate the suggestion, but for sure the hard drive is good and I have 24gb of memory so I doubt that's an issue. Also Netflix and Disney+ work fine, so it's not my computer.

Here's what we've ruled out so far and why:

1. NOT an Anystream issue since it cannot be reproduced
2. NOT a hard drive issue since other providers work fine
3. NOT a network issue since other providers work fine

My best bet at this point is an issue specifically with my amazon account OR (as you suggested Ivan) a weird OS issue (windows).

I'll be looking more into it today.

Thank you, we will be monitoring this for any information we can come up with. All I need is someone else that can reproduce it. As you see I cannot. Thanks again.

The per.jpg

appreciate the suggestion, but for sure the hard drive is good and I have 24gb of memory so I doubt that's an issue. Also Netflix and Disney+ work fine, so it's not my computer.

My thoughts about this: it appears to be an application crash. AnyStream would normally display a message box and provide a crash dump in that case - the only known situation that would prevent this and cause AnyStream to silently die, is insufficient memory.
Now, 24GB (plus whatever your system virtualizes on HDD) should be well enough, yes.
Except if, for some reason, you're running the 32bit version of AnyStream (?). In that case, no matter how much memory your system has, it would be limited to a maximum of roughly 3GB.
3GB should also be sufficient, unless there is some unexpectedly wasteful routine in AnyStream going rogue.

...oh and then there's another typical memory issue: running out of stack space, which is limited to, I believe, 1MB.
But I'm not sure you can do anything to verify that.
Except maybe, as Ivan said, the Windows event log.

1. NOT an Anystream issue since it cannot be reproduced
2. NOT a hard drive issue since other providers work fine
3. NOT a network issue since other providers work fine

My best bet at this point is an issue specifically with my amazon account OR (as you suggested Ivan) a weird OS issue (windows).
And just to keep our minds open:
AnyStream issue is not off the table. Application issues can arise under very specific conditions, that we simply haven't replicated when trying to reproduce your problem. Simple things like a specially resized window can be the cause (the UI could be trying to resize some area and somehow go into an endless iteration eating the stack).
Actually, it is most likely an AnyStream issue. But one that only happens under very specific circumstances.

Your amazon account: hardly the cause.
Weird OS issue: sure, possible. Virus scanners tend to screw things up like this.

for what it's worth: just had same happen with flix, restarted, instead of clicking "OK" after the download completed clicked "open folder" (or whatever the button says), then worked fine, and subsequent clicks on OK were fine too...

Edit: this is on a non-plus version, not experienced the same on the plus version... yet...

for what it's worth: just had same happen with flix, restarted, instead of clicking "OK" after the download completed clicked "open folder" (or whatever the button says), then worked fine, and subsequent clicks on OK were fine too...

Edit: this is on a non-plus version, not experienced the same on the plus version... yet...
Welcome back, my long-lost friend.:)

Just curious...

Is this something that just recently started happening?

What operating environment (Win10/Win11/etc...) are y'all using and are you current with all patches?

Since RedFox 1 mentioned "It stops logging as soon as the TLS handshake is completed. Strange."

I found the following from 10/17/22, don't know if applicable to this situation:

SSL/TLS handshake might fail at below that was fixed/addressed in a recent release that popped up after KB5018410 and they say this issue was resolved in the out-of-band update KB5020435.

Note for developers: Affected connections are likely to be sending multiple frames within a single input buffer, specifically one or more complete records with a partial record that is less than 5 bytes all sent in a single buffer. When this issue is encountered, your app will receive SEC_E_ILLEGAL_MESSAGE when the connection fails.

Code:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/resolved-issues-windows-10-20h2#2924msgdesc

Just something to look at.

When I've had weird issues like this, I'd immediately do an SFC /scannow, chkdsk /f, try safe mode, uninstall program in Windows and do a clean install, try a previous version of the software, boot from an older system backup if you do rotations, etc...

Don't know your environment or what you've tried so far.

Most weird issues like this are usually software conflict issues and the weirdest one I ever had was caused by Malwarebytes (they even have a custom cleanup tool to fix some issues) and I finally had to use a system cleaner that resolved the issue.

Best of luck,

Mike

Thanks Mike, the developers are looking into it. But any feedback is welcome.;)

So I want to be clear with what I'm seeing and some things I've tested so far.

This only happens to me on Amazon Prime Video. The AS application closes after initializing the download of whatever is #2 in the queue. So #1 in the queue works fine and then when #2 turns green, the application closes. Netflix and Disney+ can download a queue with no issues. APV works fine if I queue just ONE thing; it will download and then give me the popup saying the queue is completed. I can then click ok and queue another one.

I have tried a variety of download settings and none of them seem to work for me. I also logged out and back into my APV account multiple times to be sure. I've updated and rebooted my win10 pc and the issue continues. I live in WI so idk if maybe it is a regional issue with APV accounts or something.

One thing I DON'T know is how long this has been going on. I usually don't go on APV, so this may be brand new with the latest update, or maybe from previous ones and I just wasn't using APV.

Appreciate all the input here. I'm still trying to see if I have a weird setting in amazon or something to see what I can look at on my end (but I'm NOT a developer or anything, I just like to troubleshoot lol)

Since RedFox 1 mentioned "It stops logging as soon as the TLS handshake is completed. Strange."
Thanks, but nah, that's misleading.
The log file apparently was created manually way before the crash happened, because - well, there is no way AnyStream can create a log file after it crashed (except when it creates a crash dump itself, which is failing for some unknown reason here).
The TLS handshake is often just the last thing you'll see in the log during a download.

Also - we don't use the MS SSL API, so the KB article won't apply.

Okay, I think I am experiencing a similar problem on one of my machines (I bought two licenses). In my case, the program hangs after the download at the point when presumably the DRM processing begins. The program does not exit for me, it just hangs/shows not responding. But then after about 5 minutes, it starts up again. This is happening for each title in my queue at the moment -- I am just waiting it out to see if it is happening with every title, or just some. My example:

Amazon Prime Video -> Discovery+ -> Killer In Question - S01 E01 - The Hunted
Amazon Prime Video -> Discovery+ -> Killer In Question - S01 E02 - The Girl in the Lake, etc.

Log files enclosed.

Update: This is not happening with all titles on AP, just some of them.

Attachments

• Killer In Question - S01 E01 - The Hunted.astlog
    992.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Killer In Question - S01 E02 - The Girl in the Lake.astlog
    998.1 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.4.9.0.astlog
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Phillip, please make your own threads. ;) Your issue is nothing like his in any way. If its only happening on one machine, it may be because your machine is having issues, it's the same download file and the same connection.

Back