• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream 1.3.5.5 beta thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to know more about why DS9 is not remastered there are tons of recent articles on Reddit and other media sources that will explain it.
Just Google DS9 remastered.
If that message is directed at me, I know all of that and I hope they will eventually remaster DS9 and VOY. I also read how much one episode of TNG cost and that they did't think it makes sense to remaster the other stuff as well.
I have to check the actual files (I can do that next week, then I will have my drives on), but I think it was lower than 768X576 on NF. I made no side by side comparison but Tele5 has it on their site sometimes and it felt like it was looking a bit better. Now it is unusable because they redid their site some month ago, at the beginning of the year. It does not matter that they use DRM now as well, but the episodes are supposed to be 4:3, with the relaunch of their site they become stretched to full screen... :banghead:
Luckily it is possible to set the aspect ratio in VLC so it does not matter that much, but still... it is just stupid.

It seems like it doesn't find the Star Trek movies on P+ (Scandinavia)
View attachment 65191
That is what I already reported it my third comment in this thread. But that confirms that it is not limited to me, even though I don't think we can do anything against that till they arrived in germany.

What does separation between the categories mean?
About that, I noticed that as well, but if you look at my screenshot it is not that a big gap as it is for him. Still, it is not like it is supposed to be I think.
There is a bit too much space between the images and the text, maybe it is a scaling thing or something.

Attachments

• 2022-05-22_172812.png
    2022-05-22_172812.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
If that message is directed at me, I know all of that and I hope they will eventually remaster DS9 and VOY. I also read how much one episode of TNG cost and that they did't think it makes sense to remaster the other stuff as well.
I have to check the actual files (I can do that next week, then I will have my drives on), but I think it was lower than 768X576 on NF. I made no side by side comparison but Tele5 has it on their site sometimes and it felt like it was looking a bit better. Now it is unusable because they redid their site some month ago, at the beginning of the year. It does not matter that they use DRM now as well, but the episodes are supposed to be 4:3, with the relaunch of their site they become stretched to full screen... :banghead:
Luckily it is possible to set the aspect ratio in VLC so it does not matter that much, but still... it is just stupid.

That is what I already reported it my third comment in this thread. But that confirms that it is not limited to me, even though I don't think we can do anything against that till they arrived in germany.

It was my understanding there were multiple reasons DS9 and others were not remastered but it was primarily cost vs what they projected they would make. I had heard via the internets that they spent a ton doing the remaster for TNG and did not make that much for the effort relatively speaking. I am sure the decline of discs in general played into that.

With that said, I personally put forth my consumer vote for the TNG remaster and it is one of my prized set of discs.

Star Trek is the main reason I am looking forward to get P+ in germany. They had TNG and TOS as well as TAS at NF, it was good quality (HD, the remastered stuff), but now it is vanished. Also, DS9 and Voyager was only visual crap. I am not talking about SD, I am talking about literal crap. Of course I know they did not get a remaster but that just made my eyes bleed. I mean even TOS looks good (and I am a HD person) besides being that old already. The point is it even looks better than DS9 and Voy with being OLDER than they are.
Also Strange New Worlds, Prodigy and Discovery season 4 is not available in germany at all... why? I have another franchise that I like, it's episodes and movies needs month to come to us.

Ok, that aside, are you inside the US? Because right know I can only see three seasons and two or three movies. So I don't know exactly what they offer, maybe they only offer the full Star Trek experience inside the US and they are still expanding everything, so even when they are in germany it might take time till they offer everything here as well?
Yes, I'm in the US. I haven't signed up for P+ yet.

Getting back to what you were talking about earlier, I agree that VOY, DS9, etc. look like crap and seriously need to be updated to HD. I hope that P+ is successful enough so that Paramount considers getting some Blu-ray remasters of the other Star Trek series after TOS and TNG.

On a side note, I found it hilarious that I can spot a coffee stain on Leonard Nimoy's shirt in Tribbles thanks to the Blu-ray remaster.

:whistle:

About that, I noticed that as well, but if you look at my screenshot it is not that a big gap as it is for him. Still, it is not like it is supposed to be I think.
There is a bit too much space between the images and the text, maybe it is a scaling thing or something.
We are aware of the gap, there are actually movies in those blank gaps if you just click randomly, you will see them, so we will fix that asap. It's a GUI issue and cosmetic, the movies are there, just blanked out.

Disney + will now have an interface change and the player too. Where you can choose the quality you want to play: IN SD, HD and FULLHD. Will it be useful in a future Anystream update if this becomes the case? Sorry for changing the topic or following the post with a totally different topic.
I have some pictures here:

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 113310.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 113310.png
    419.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 133214.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 133214.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 7
Side note. A L3 CDM can unlock H.265 720p on disney+, and i don't see any atmos in the audio (I don't know if it has ever been there)

Sorry for changing the topic
No problem, you should create your own thread in the future but I am interested in things like that.
But I think something like that should be standard, like you can choose the quality on YouTube. It shouln'd come with an update.

Since 1080p is restriced to some devices and Edge and the label says "Up to 1080p", I think they might still block it and there is the possibility that the DRM will stay the same. But we can't say that, only the devs can. So just wait and check AS if something changed.

Side note. A L3 CDM can unlock H.265 720p on disney+, and i don't see any atmos in the audio (I don't know if it has ever been there)
It is a good sidenote, but you should not discuss this any further, the devs/mods don't want to have that in the forum. Maybe it is allowed in the third party section.

No hay problema, deberías crear tu propio hilo en el futuro, pero estoy interesado en cosas como esa.
Pero creo que algo así debería ser estándar, como que puedes elegir la calidad en YouTube. Debería venir con una actualización.

Dado que 1080p está restringido a algunos dispositivos y Edge y la etiqueta dice " Hasta 1080p", creo que aún podrían bloquearlo y existe la posibilidad de que el DRM permanezca igual. Pero no podemos decir eso, solo los desarrolladores pueden hacerlo. Así que espera y verifica AS si algo cambió.

Lo siento, tienes razón. Soy nuevo en estar activo en un foro, pero este programa desde que lo compré fue la MEJOR COMPRA QUE HE HECHO. En serio. Es por eso que quiero apoyar dando incluso ideas e informes de errores. Cuando pueda crearé un hilo sobre este tema. Pero estás en lo correcto. Creo que debería ser un estándar poder elegir la calidad que quieres reproducir. Esperemos que esto se pueda hacer en el futuro. Porque, hasta donde yo sé, solo admite 720p en disney+ con anystream, ¿verdad?

Lo siento, tienes razón. Soy nuevo en estar activo en un foro, pero este programa desde que lo compré fue la MEJOR COMPRA QUE HE HECHO. En serio. Es por eso que quiero apoyar dando incluso ideas e informes de errores. Cuando pueda crearé un hilo sobre este tema. Pero estás en lo correcto. Creo que debería ser un estándar poder elegir la calidad que quieres reproducir. Esperemos que esto se pueda hacer en el futuro. Porque, hasta donde yo sé, solo admite 720p en disney+ con anystream, ¿verdad?
Yes, D+ is capped to 720p.
I also think that AS is the best purchase one can do, and this forum exists to give ideas and feedback, so feel free to do so :)

Disney solo es compatible con 720p a través de un navegador para todos. Es todo lo que está permitido, no hay ningún programa que pueda descargar mejor que 720p en este tipo de programa.

Disney solo es compatible con 720p a través de un navegador para todos. Es todo lo que está permitido, no hay ningún programa que pueda descargar mejor que 720p en este tipo de programa.

Obviously yes. IT IS A GOOD FEAT THAT IT CAN BE DOWNLOADED IN 720p. There's no doubt about it. I think they are doing an excellent job.

Very low bitrates for soundtracks? 195 kbps DD+?
And this seems to be par for the course. I've quickly checked a number of movies and series and similar figures are offered in most instances.

Working well here in Sweden so far, last week I unsubscribed to P+ due to some competitor failing miserable with no subs/audio options with no intentions to fix even for non-US, re-subscribed now and very pleased to see AS+ simply nailing it! .. no issues really so far except some obvious UI-thumbnail glitches (like if you wiggle your mouse they kinda get in position), I'm sure that's gonna be ironed out shortly, no biggie.. Speeds great, quality great, happy days (y)

And this seems to be par for the course. I've quickly checked a number of movies and series and similar figures are offered in most instances.
We cant download what they do not offer.

Yes, that seems to be the case. Also it has low video quality, I got the Star Trek movies now and it does not look like HD, more than 720p because it is low bitrate as well. They seem to be as compressed as NF.
Guess the Amz channel is truly the better option, although I cannot test that myself.

When downloading Star Trek Nemesis, the first download failed, the second worked but when I checked the video was broken (the color things that once appeared in NF downloads if I recall the provider correctly) and I had to download it again. That worked.
Maybe because AS was open for a longer period of time, but I don't think so because I had downloads running at that time. First I got all episodes of Prodigy using batch and during that I also added the three movies. Only Nemesis failed.

Unfortunately I don't have a log of that anymore, since I closed AS after all downloads were complete and checked the files later. So I created a log after the successfull redownload with the hope that you can still do something with it.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.5.5 Star Trek Nemesis.astlog
    290.6 KB · Views: 0
Are you serious, it is midnight at sunday (for me) and you still release an update :eek:?
You have to be insane :cool: (in a positive way of course ;)).
Can confirm that the UI looks better now, I still get only the three seasons in search but the AS logo no longer vanishes. Also I think you added the x to close the search, I cannot remember seeing that before.

Attachments

• 2022-05-23_001352.png
    2022-05-23_001352.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back