• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD Drives and Firmware Questions

Thanks, but I don't want to down-, but UPgrade to FW A201 - which isn't available for downloading at the ASUS-website...

IMO if it isn't available on their site then leave well enough alone. There's a reason of some kind and if your current firmware version works then it's not something to even begin to worry about. No need to over-complicate things. :)

Thanks, but I don't want to down-, but UPgrade to FW A201 - which isn't available for downloading at the ASUS-website...
You said nothing about upgrading. You quoted a post on how to extract your firmware. My link to that topic let's you do that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I'm also looking for A201 dump. Anyway I can say ASUS BW-16D1H-U share same data as 16D1HT, so it can be crossflashed as well as downgraded/upgraded.

@TeddyRaspin

I just sent you a PM with a ZIP of the dump from my LG BU40N 1.00. I hope you'll be able to use it.

Please tell me when you get it and if it can be used ...

Also, I'm getting my BW-16D1HT drive in a few hours (according to usual delivery times of the carrier !!)

I'll check which fw version and will report if it works.

LePousson

Last edited:
Just got my BW-16D1HT ...

I must be very lucky cause it was manufactured in February 2017, and has the FW 3.00 ... !!!

Ripping last PLANET OF THE APES at now, at around 15.39MB/s (rate growing sec after sec) ...

One last thing... This BW16D1HT is based on a LGE BH16NS40 (it is written on one label on the drive). So coooooool ..!!

LePousson

EDIT : All my UHD collection is fully supported by AnyDVD 8.2.2.2. Thanks a lot to all the Redfox Team for this greatly appreciated work ... !!!

Last edited:
I must be very lucky cause it was manufactured in February 2017, and has the FW 3.00 ... !!!

One of my BW-16D1HT drives was also manufactured in February 2017 and came with 3.00. The other was manufactured in May 2015 with 3.00.

hello I just bought the unit HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS55 1.03 and I see that I did not detect the UHD that had previously if detected, babo switch to controlodaro 1.02 ?? I do not understand why it does not work, what should I do?

hello I just bought the unit HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS55 1.03 and I see that I did not detect the UHD that had previously if detected, babo switch to controlodaro 1.02 ?? I do not understand why it does not work, what should I do?
If you just bought it, send it back and buy another. Firmware version 1.03 closes the loophole used for uhd decryption used by AnyDVD. Only firmwares up to version 1.02 work.

You can either downgrade with the guide posted in this forum section (not easy for newbies), or buy a new one and hope that one has a good firmware version.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

If you just bought it, send it back and buy another. Firmware version 1.03 closes the loophole used for uhd decryption used by AnyDVD. Only firmwares up to version 1.02 work.

You can either downgrade with the guide posted in this forum section (not easy for newbies), or buy a new one and hope that one has a good firmware version.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
I need to install version 1.02, is it possible?

I need where to download that version to install it

I think it is impossible to download version 1.03 to 1.02 and that the LG BH16NS55 unit works for me, I do not know how to download the version and it works, I leave it as impossible, someone managed to download the version to 1.02 and work with the UHD?

As i said, you can't download the 1.02 version and install it over the top on 1.03. LG did something to the 1.03 firmware to prevent people doing just that. It IS possible to downgrade as i stated above, but it's not an easy process (see the link i gave you above). If you can't do it, then send the drive back, buy a new one and hope it comes with a desired firmware version. Those are your only 2 options. Downgrade through that guide, or exchange the drive.

As i said, you can't download the 1.02 version and install it over the top on 1.03. LG did something to the 1.03 firmware to prevent people doing just that. It IS possible to downgrade as i stated above, but it's not an easy process (see the link i gave you above). If you can't do it, then send the drive back, buy a new one and hope it comes with a desired firmware version. Those are your only 2 options. Downgrade through that guide, or exchange the drive.
I have no option to return, or I like it to itself or the degrade to version 1.02:banghead:

I just bought the unit

Then you weren't accurate in your fist post here. If it's only "just bought" then you can return it just fine. Every (web)shop has a return policy, or rather they should have.

Then you weren't accurate in your fist post here. If it's only "just bought" then you can return it just fine. Every (web)shop has a return policy, or rather they should have.
I did not explain well, I had the old version with 1.02, it was in warranty and they changed it, they sent me the model of this year and this version came with version 1.03, so now I can not return it, since it is a substitution product for a guarantee, and the unit does not have any problems, it is only updated to version 1.03 and it does not detect the UHD, it is very frustrating for me.

thank you very much for the help also

Back