• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.8.8.0 2011 10 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused by the recommendation from you and Frank that AnyDVD shouldn't be used to rip to image for DVD's. Why not? I have ripped all my movies - DVD, Bluray, HDDVD - to image and had no problems. I have been able to mount a DVD ISO with VCD and make a disc using CloneDVD. I also have no problem playing mounted DVD's. In my setup, it is definitely preferable to have all media ripped to ISO for my playback software TMT5.
Thanks
Mike

This has also been explained numerous times. If you rip to image then the structural protections can also be brought across to the image. Just because it's worked on discs in the past doesn't mean it will in the future as more and more discs use a newer protection which requires to either rip to folder or use CloneDVD to make the image. The rip to image option has never been intended for DVD's and was put in place for ripping Blu-ray's and DVD's

I am confused by the recommendation from you and Frank that AnyDVD shouldn't be used to rip to image for DVD's. Why not? I have ripped all my movies - DVD, Bluray, HDDVD - to image and had no problems. I have been able to mount a DVD ISO with VCD and make a disc using CloneDVD. I also have no problem playing mounted DVD's. In my setup, it is definitely preferable to have all media ripped to ISO for my playback software TMT5.
Thanks
Mike

Here's a link from about two months ago I made that explains in full why you shouldn't use the rip to image function with the regular AnyDVD (Please read the details in full):

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=323441&postcount=8

Here's a link from about two months ago I made that explains in full why you shouldn't use the rip to image function with the regular AnyDVD (Please read the details in full):

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=323441&postcount=8

OK, got it, I think. As long as I am only using Slysoft's suite of software (AnyDVDHD, CloneDVD2, VCD, CloneDVDMobile) I am ok with rip to image. It is when I try to use third party software to process an ISO made with rip to image that I can possibly run into problems.

Mostly what I do with my DVD ISO's is just play them back after mounting with VCD, which is always safe. Infrequently I will burn a DVD ISO back to disc with CloneDVD2, or re-encode a DVD ISO for my grandkids on my iPad with CloneDVDMobile, and I have never had a problem doing these.

Going forward I am pretty much 100% Bluray for new releases, and am even updating some of my favorite DVD's to their Bluray version as it becomes available. So I am pretty safe from newer structural protections on DVD anyway.

Thanks for the detailed examples and background.
Mike

OK, got it, I think. As long as I am only using Slysoft's suite of software (AnyDVDHD, CloneDVD2, VCD, CloneDVDMobile) I am ok with rip to image. It is when I try to use third party software to process an ISO made with rip to image that I can possibly run into problems.

Mostly what I do with my DVD ISO's is just play them back after mounting with VCD, which is always safe. Infrequently I will burn a DVD ISO back to disc with CloneDVD2, or re-encode a DVD ISO for my grandkids on my iPad with CloneDVDMobile, and I have never had a problem doing these.

Going forward I am pretty much 100% Bluray for new releases, and am even updating some of my favorite DVD's to their Bluray version as it becomes available. So I am pretty safe from newer structural protections on DVD anyway.

Thanks for the detailed examples and background.
Mike

You're welcome.

:)

Just like you, I had to learn this software. It is easy to learn, but like always, people need to read the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) firsthand to get a better idea of what they are looking for.

@mbcd

Your issue is that your USB Internet stick (whatever that is) does not work under Windows7. There are many solutions here includung, but not limited to:

. Install your driver in XP compatability mode
. Share your internet connection on your XP machine with the Windows7 machine
. Buy a new stick that is compatible with Windows7

Ranting on at Slysoft for not being able to offer a workaround for your particular issues is not the right approach.

Install your driver in XP compatability mode
I will not do such experiment, I dont have so much free time for that.

Share your internet connection on your XP machine with the Windows7 machine
I am not a networkguy to know how to do it right, it might be still complicated, because or userrights, specially on WIN7 ... and I need a cable for it, dont have anyone.

Buy a new stick that is compatible with Windows7
No one can tell you if it will run on Windows7, i looked for this before buy, but there was no one, now I dont buy another, i dont want to use it as long as its needed, because its crapy and slow, but i need it for a few more months only

Of course its a bad situation I am having, but fact is:
If you will use anydvd you always need a internetconnection for it, and thats a point of "badness for me".

All my wish would be to get a file, which contains ALL new "keys" since last BETA or FINAL Release, so if you dont have a Internetconnection, you could just download that actual little db-file and copy it into anydvd-directory and you have an actual running version until next BETA or FINAL comes out. Any you could decrypt the latest dics with it.

If there where more updates thatwould not be needed, but actualy there is only the last official from 2011-10-11, thats far a whole month back, and thats the point im "blaming to. That too old.

If you would have a simple button do actualize anydvd to an actual db without needed the specific BLURAY would be pretty fine. Most programs have such function, but the bad point here is, that anydvd only get updates if you have the specitic DISC in drive. Thats the only point im "blaming" to.

Maybee a feature request :agree:

Dont understand me wrong, I like anydvd, but a missing "update"-function is very disapointing for me. There is a "little hole" in functionality ... not more. Maybee it is possible to fix it.

For future I will not connect all my computers to Internet, so I will do it this way.

Last edited:
keys external to AnyDVD ?

Forget that idea. It may be practical in some circumstances but there are some pretty strong business reasons why:

- we do not/will not allow trials to access the update data base

- we do not/will not provide updated keys external to the product.

Sorry if this makes things a little difficult for you and your environment but 98%+ of our customers find this acceptable and work with it quite well.

And as long as there is an on-line data base we do not need to update so often, an event that reaped us a lot of criticism. Now we real-time most of this stuff without a release.

Yes, no problem, a simple button in anydvd named "update". If its trial the update is not done, you do other things like this too if running in trial-mode.

we do not/will not provide updated keys external to the product.

You dont need, but allow users to get an updated version since last BETA/FINAL

In new releases it should be integrated with downloading the actual installer, am I right?

Last edited:
Yes, no problem, a simple button in anydvd named "update". If its trial the update is not done, you do other things like this too if running in trial-mode.

You dont need, but allow users to get an updated version since last BETA/FINAL

In new releases it should be integrated with downloading the actual installer, am I right?

1- such a button is not needed. Trials are limited, period. The intent is to test the product and then buy it or not and not to find a disc it won't handle due to release of a new disc not integrated in the trial.

2- In new releases it is integrated and depending on the degree of update we often allow trial users access even to betas. Of course, the next officially on the download page version has those keys.

Forget that idea. It may be practical in some circumstances but there are some pretty strong business reasons why:

- we do not/will not provide updated keys external to the product.

Sorry if this makes things a little difficult for you and your environment but 98%+ of our customers find this acceptable and work with it quite well.

And as long as there is an on-line data base we do not need to update so often, an event that reaped us a lot of criticism. Now we real-time most of this stuff without a release.

1- such a button is not needed. Trials are limited, period. The intent is to test the product and then buy it or not and not to find a disc it won't handle due to release of a new disc not integrated in the trial.

2- In new releases it is integrated and depending on the degree of update we often allow trial users access even to betas. Of course, the next officially on the download page version has those keys.

I fully suppoert Frank idea. Infact only time anydvd really need to be updated is if they resolve bugs or update in component of anydvd. Furthermore it will keep administrative cost down as well.

You don't go about installing antivirus again each time they release new update. I think Slysoft should do the same.

Last edited:
Simple question, simple answer

Yes.

And an update is coming very soon.

Thanks... ,

Cool, didn't want to bother anyone about "Zombie" or "Blue Velvet" US versions.

Cool, didn't want to bother anyone about "Zombie" or "Blue Velvet" US versions.
What's wrong with these? Should work fine (unless you're on "extended trial").

What's wrong with these? Should work fine (unless you're on "extended trial").

The image breaks up kind of like the old videocypher scrambling system used to look when you went to an unsubbed channel but on and off. Only these two which I just purchased from amazon. I have no issues with any other films and tested all my recent purchases with version 6.8.8.0 I've been a payed sub since 2007. I'll dl this new one and check again. (6.8.8.5) I really don't want to bother anyone and can wait for a fix if this doesnt work.

No still breaking up on these two disks. Bumblebee I believe downloaded data for these.

The only video effected are the movies and the menu videos, the fbi and trailers etc are not.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.5_Info_Z_ZOMBIE_DISC_1.zip
    111.5 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_6.8.8.5_Info_Z_BLUE_VELVET_BD.zip
    239.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The image breaks up kind of like the old videocypher scrambling system used to look when you went to an unsubbed channel but on and off. Only these two which I just purchased from amazon. I have no issues with any other films and tested all my recent purchases with version 6.8.8.0 I've been a payed sub since 2007. I'll dl this new one and check again. (6.8.8.5) I really don't want to bother anyone and can wait for a fix if this doesnt work.

No still breaking up on these two disks. Bumblebee I believe downloaded data for these.

The only video effected are the movies and the menu videos, the fbi and trailers etc are not.
Looks like a problem of your playback software.

Looks like a problem of your playback software.

Hummm, using Media Player Classic,Total Media Theatre 3, and Media Player on the laptop... same results. Will look into this.

Plays just fine with Total Media Theater 3 and anyDVD HD disabled, can not be played as a file though or copied to the drive obviously. So it seems the copy with anyDVD HD enabled is now corrupted. Checked many more older disks and this phenomenon is related to these new ones only

MOOVED TO MAIN FORUM !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back