• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.8.8.0 2011 10 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre wrong :disagree: :(

Ideal: Copy from Bluray to final Disk -> further manipulation / converting to mkv

NOW: Copy Bluray to USB-Drive -> decrypt ISO on Laptop -> coppying back to USB -> Copy decrypted ISO to final Disk -> doing manipulation / converting to mkv

It is much more work, and we speak here from 1-2 hours per film ... not good

Your right that is doesnt take longer with copying from Bluray to USB, but those additional work until its final takes much more time now, too much time. And it all takes lots of space I dont have with that equipment I have to use fpr that. It was never thought of mine to hande it this way, but I can get Internet on another way ATM. So its bad that there are not more updates or a single database file to download and copy to anydvd-folder. I have to copy about 20-50GB 3 times more and that with USB 2.0 ...

I dont want to copy an ISO to USB only for loading those image to ANYDVD on my Laptop to get those single key to copy that back ... thats a bad way and not very userfriendly.

Why not having a single option for updating those keys by user (getting an actual database with all keys). Then you could copy those database and every is happy. But now its awful work on such a complicated way. i mean if if load the image ANYDVD is able to download a key an decrypt it, so the key is there, but the way to get the key is too much work, ans as it seems there are differences between Windows7 ans XP and I cant use it that way I need to.

Last edited:
In theory the cache folder on an XP system should be in the 'C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Application Data\' folder, although I don't have an XP system to confirm this.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help !

I watched into it but didn`t found anything there.

On my Windows7 Desktop i found some "*.dt1" files in "C:\ProgramData\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Cache"

but I dont find any "*.dt1" file on my whole Laptopdrive (c:) ... thats my problem ...

It seems that "vidcache.bin" on XP maybee could hold the keydata, but I didnt found it on Windows7

Last edited:
Sorry, that doesnt work.

I solved it by copying created images on USB-Drive and decrypted them with my laptop, but that take hours, because copying with usb 2.0 is not very fast, thats no opinion for future.

Have you tried sharing your drives on your network? That should be a lot faster than USB 2.0.

The transfer speed of a USB stick also depends on the speed of the memory itself (not just the 2.0 standard) and varies a lot depending on the manufacturer and price.

1000BaseT ethernet is twice as fast as the fastest USB 2.0 connected device. But most USB sticks are no where near the full 480Mb/sec 2.0 standard.

Edit: Of course, sharing the drives won't speed up anything (and will actually slow you down) if you still use USB 2.0 drives for network sharing.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help !

I watched into it but didn`t found anything there.

On my Windows7 Desktop i found some "*.dt1" files in "C:\ProgramData\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Cache"

but I dont find any "*.dt1" file on my whole Laptopdrive (c:) ... thats my problem ...

It seems that "vidcache.bin" on XP maybee could hold the keydata, but I didnt found it on Windows7

On my XP computer the 'vidcache.bin' is in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SlySoft\AnyDVD".

The '.dt1' files are in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Cache"

Feature request

It'd be a nice add-on to have AnyDVDHD resolve the Rental flag from a Y to an N on-the-fly i.e. for an inserted BD disc so we can have the full disc playback capabilities (without have to move the whole disc structure to HDD and edit that file by hand).

If SS sees this feature as out-of-bounds I might well understand... ;)

Thanks for your answers.

I even dont have any network here (dont need it), so no chance about this.

Its really bad, the only solution is to copy my iso to usb-drive to load it into anydvd (on computer with internetconnection) and then I can copy the videocache.bin to my computer without internetconnection and decrypt my bluray there ...

Lots of work fpr only getting the key downloaded, im not happy with this slysoft ... sorry

Why not make a button for downloading the whole actual database and not only for ONE disc (I have to serve to anydvd) ? How big is those whole database?

Why not make a button for downloading the whole actual database and not only for ONE disc (I have to serve to anydvd) ? How big is those whole database?

Just checked - it's 144MB.
If you only need it for the bare necessities, it will be only 3 or 4 MB.
Most of that already comes with the version of AnyDVD you have installed.
What exactly do you think would improve, if you could download the whole DB? The disc that comes out next week will still not be included.
Also, if you download the latest brand new AnyDVD you will automatically get the full DB (except for the caching parts that optimize processing time - those are only on demand.

Lots of work fpr only getting the key downloaded, im not happy with this slysoft ... sorry

Think of a better solution (one that most likely involves black magic), I'm all ears :)

I even dont have any network here (dont need it).

You can clearly see that you do ;)

@mbcd

Your issue is that your USB Internet stick (whatever that is) does not work under Windows7. There are many solutions here includung, but not limited to:

. Install your driver in XP compatability mode
. Share your internet connection on your XP machine with the Windows7 machine
. Buy a new stick that is compatible with Windows7

Ranting on at Slysoft for not being able to offer a workaround for your particular issues is not the right approach.

Installing XP drivers on a w7 machine is a bad idea, first of all W7 will probably not even let you and if it does it usually ends up with a BSOD.

One question that does arise out of all this for me is, what happens when my license expires and I can't renew it?

The original understanding I had, was that AnyDVDHD would still work for all previously released titles after expiration of the license. Does the new online database requirement change that? If so, is it possible to download an updated database for my current license so I can backup titles I haven't bought yet but are current releases?

I'm only asking because of the recent problems with renewing subscriptions. I will continue to renew the license if possible.

Regards ;)

I would assume the database would be as up to date as the last version you can legally download plus any films you decrypted before your licence ran out.

My license hasn't run out and is still good for about a year. I was just asking in case this happens a year from now and I can't renew.

Does the new database requirement mean that AnyDVD will stop working even on old titles after the license expires? It was my understanding that only new titles would not be supported. I.E. I thought that even if the license expired, if you bought a title that was old, that AnyDVD would still decrypt it with it's local database.

ps. Obviously, besides an expired license, this is also a concern if there is any problem with a connection to the database server and that AnyDVD will not be able to decrypt an old title.

Last edited:
That is my understanding as well. Assuming the older title has already been decrypted by someone and is included in the last update you can use. I see it as being the same as using the trial version except it doesn't run out. All older discs would work but newer ones wouldn't

Thanks, Adbear. That's what I was hoping. Wanted to clear that up as many are probably wondering about that.

Regards! ;)

Last edited:
any DVD HD

Hi, I have had problems with 4 DVD's in the last three months. The first was a problem trying to use a program to write from an Any DVD image to a disc using 3 rd party software. Guess what good old nero about 5 years old did the trick where DVD Fab would not. The last 3 DVD's would not copy and Any DVD said " no way ". So I wonder what I need to do.
ta, Paul

Don't rip to image if you are ripping DVD's, the image ripper is for Blu-ray and HD DVD not for DVD's

.. and also

Hi, I have had problems with 4 DVD's .... and Any DVD said " no way ". So I wonder what I need to do.
ta, Paul

In addition to the don't use AnyDVD for DVD ISOs may I add that with such nebulous statements you won't get an ounce of help here.

" had problems ..." : OK, and what are these?

AnyDVD does not say "no way" so what was the error and what were you asking AnyDVD to do when you go it?

Don't rip to image if you are ripping DVD's, the image ripper is for Blu-ray and HD DVD not for DVD's
This statement has been made on numerous occasions.

Can you explain why one shouldn't rip a DVD to image with AnyDVD?

What are the ramifications if one does? I have already ripped a number of DVDs to image with AnyDVD.

This has also been explained numerous times. If you rip to image then the structural protections can also be brought across to the image. Just because it's worked on discs in the past doesn't mean it will in the future as more and more discs use a newer protection which requires to either rip to folder or use CloneDVD to make the image. The rip to image option has never been intended for DVD's and was put in place for ripping Blu-ray's and DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back