• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any word of Jumper yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible. ATI's ati2dva driver is the video card accelerator.

Could you disable that function in PowerDVD and try to crash your machine again? Shouldn't happen this time but you might see a video glitch.
I believe PowerDVD doesn't let you disable video card acceleration anymore, it ignores the checkbox.

Just great. That software is getting better and better.

But there's still an option at the ATI control panel.

Has anyone watched their copy of jumper on blu-ray using powerdvd 8? I just watched the movie from the disc using the latest version of powerdvd 8 with anydvd disabled. At about 32:35 into the movie, powerdvd froze up and windows gave me a blue screen error about a graphics card device error "ati2dav" or something like that. My card is the ATI HD 2600 XT. I restared my computer and it did it again at the exact same spot. So I skipped ahead the next time to 2 seconds past the bad spot and it played the rest of the movie perfect. Any ideas? Maybe a bad disc?

Yep, on 2 occasions I had a terrible glitch. Did not see where exactly, but at least the system did not crash! I have the same card.

Are you using one of the latest ATI drivers or on Vista Microsoft's in-the-box ATI driver?

Just great. That software is getting better and better.

But there's still an option at the ATI control panel.

Huh? Maybe I am blind, but I am unable to find it.... (No, the WMV acceleration checkbox doesn't work)

I had the bad glitch as well, but I downloaded the newest patch from 6/10 and it played flawlessly on my system.

Jumper

Used the latest Power_DVD patch with AnyDVD enabled and disabled - and it's unwatchable.

I have the 1730.50 version of Pwdvd. Now those 2 glitches are a bit annoying, but as the movie plays ok for the rest, it is the way it is.

When I got them though, I was afraid, my watching time was over...:bang:

I just installed the powerDVD 8 patch 1730(U)b and Jumper played much better. No blue screen error this time, just a slight 1/2 second pixelation of the video at the point where it froze before the new patch.

Just saw the glitched frame. How....nice. What a GREAT protection they've got!

No, they haven't. There's probably 3 or 4 glitches I've seen so far. This movie is VERY unstable even with the LATEST PowerDVD8 version. SO glad I only rented this but what a pain in the @$$.

Bummer!

Means we have to wait for Macrovision to update the BD+ documentation so we can fix this. :(

I thought one of the problems was that you guys never had any documentation on BD+ ?

I'd say, he was joking.

But it seems, that our self-made documentation is better than Macrovision's by now. We have an internal AnyDVD beta and with that Jumper plays flawlessly. :D

I'd say, he was joking.

But it seems, that our self-made documentation is better than Macrovision's by now. We have an internal AnyDVD beta and with that Jumper plays flawlessly. :D

HAHAHAHA, sweet. :) I had no doubt that'd be the case. They really screwed the pooch on this one. There was literally 3 or 4 places where the video glitched on me with AnyDVD disabled (obviously) and the 1730b build of PowerDVD8. What a joke. I'm SO glad you guys are on this so we can watch movies without this annoyance. The movie was only marginally decent anyway so I have no intention of buying it. Definitely glad I rented this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back