• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any word of Jumper yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering. If you do not have to make a "back up", and just need to break the HDCP, because your display is not recognised as HDCP, is that possible?

Because , on my main computer I have HDCP in every way, but on Pwvd 7, this title gave a black screen. So I did not know, if it was due to Pwdvd or that the title needed new drivers. I installed first the new drivers, but boy or boy, do I regret that!:bang:

Result, my Projector was not recognised as HDCP abymore! Tried everything, but can't reverse the situation!

Now if a tool could just ONLY remove the HDCP on this title, would that work?

Now if a tool could just ONLY remove the HDCP on this title, would that work?

Here we go again... :bang:

No disc released EVER has HDCP on it. None. What they do have is AACS. Part of the requirement of AACS is that HDCP be used between the playback device (your computer) and the display device (your projector). Therefore, if you remove AACS, you remove the need for HDCP to be used.

Now, considering that Jumper's problem is BD+ related, I think it's safe to say that AnyDVD has the AACS part of it handled. Therefore, you might be able to get away with playing the movie using an older version of PowerDVD that supports BD+ on titles that do not have AACS (version 7.3.3319a comes to mind). Although I seem to remember that they were able to close this loophole using BD+ code not too long ago, so that may not work either. It might be worth a try though. That will be your only hope until SlySoft updates their BD+ code to handle what is on the Jumper disc.

Therefore, you might be able to get away with playing the movie using an older version of PowerDVD that supports BD+ on titles that do not have AACS (version 7.3.3319a comes to mind). Although I seem to remember that they were able to close this loophole using BD+ code not too long ago, so that may not work either.

Don't bother. BD+ code will not run without AACS. Period. This has been the standard since Hitman.

Well got it playing. but a better tool for cleaning my ati drivers, made the HDCP work with a fresh install!

Nevertheless, I hope Slysoft will find a solution as always, and that it will not take to long for you guys waiting to see it!:agree:

Don't panic. Solution is near. There are still some rearrangements required.

I find this all very amusing... Also, its kinda funny how we folks who watch our movies using computies are somewhat SOL when it comes to a good new release like Jumper - all because some ass hole in the movie industry decided it was a good idea to make it necessary for everyone to update their software, just to watch one f'in movie. I wonder how this affects standalone blu-ray players... Do they have to update some sort of firmware or software to accommodate for new protection types?

The players won't be affected by this. They have the full BD+ command set built in so they're able to deal with all these variations. This crap doesn't affect me very much simply because I have HDCP compliant equipment. Worst case for me is to disable AnyDVD and play from the original. Oh well. :) But I fully sympathize with those who don't have HDCP compliant equipment and rely on AnyDVD to remove the protection simply for playback. That situation sucks in times like this, but, rest assured, AnyDVD will prevail. Slysoft has never fallen down on the job. :) I'm sure they'll have it worked out soon.

Oh I'm sure they will and I could play the movie using the latest update for Power DVD if I wanted, but I hate Power DVD. I keep my movies on a local network server and stream them to my media center PC that doesn't even have an optical drive - just using a couple of codecs and a basic media player like media player classic. Seems to work the best for what I do.

Yea, in that case, you're pretty much stuck until the new release comes out. Give them a couple days. I'm sure they'll bang it out.

Has anyone watched their copy of jumper on blu-ray using powerdvd 8? I just watched the movie from the disc using the latest version of powerdvd 8 with anydvd disabled. At about 32:35 into the movie, powerdvd froze up and windows gave me a blue screen error about a graphics card device error "ati2dav" or something like that. My card is the ATI HD 2600 XT. I restared my computer and it did it again at the exact same spot. So I skipped ahead the next time to 2 seconds past the bad spot and it played the rest of the movie perfect. Any ideas? Maybe a bad disc?

Last edited:
why dont you try and make an ISO of the movie and see if itll rip . use Samuri's ad disc guide

Bigrick, that is not the option for "jdohn2002" about ripping blu-ray jumper. Because anydvd can't handle bd+ of this disc. Even if the person manage to rip, it won't play.

Has anyone watched their copy of jumper on blu-ray using powerdvd 8? I just watched the movie from the disc using the latest version of powerdvd 8 with anydvd disabled. At about 32:35 into the movie, powerdvd froze up and windows gave me a blue screen error about a graphics card device error "ati2dav" or something like that. My card is the ATI HD 2600 XT. I restared my computer and it did it again at the exact same spot. So I skipped ahead the next time to 2 seconds past the bad spot and it played the rest of the movie perfect. Any ideas? Maybe a bad disc?

That is interesting - I made the same experience when De-BD+ing that movie manually. Thought I made a mistake myself. But it was also the pretty exact
same spot (somewhere around 31 minutes according to my memory).
Strange.

I would say proof of the fact that BD+ and HDCP sucks. :)

I would say proof of the fact that BD+ and HDCP sucks. :)

I'd say that the fact that folks are having to use 3rd party software to remove this garbage in order to watch movies with their choice of playback systems was proof enough of this ages ago. I wonder how the stores would feel if copies began coming back because it couldn't be broken? Seems to me they couldn't deny a return since it's copy protected and can't be copied right? Isn't that what they wanted? Grrr!

Fingers crossed that this is fixed soon, am tempted to "obtain" a regular DVD copy of this movie in the meantime. Some of the scenes in it looked like they would be way kewl in HD though <sigh>

Possible. ATI's ati2dva driver is the video card accelerator.

Could you disable that function in PowerDVD and try to crash your machine again? Shouldn't happen this time but you might see a video glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back