• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

The Oppo models do not support reading BDXL 100GB TL recordable discs. Doesn't matter what you put on the disc the Oppo can't read it.

not surprised by this. there are many drives that can read TL BDXL discs but not 4K UHD too. They're not entirely the same.

IF and I say if UHD4k protections were defeated then the new company would not be doing just a couple movies per week if that and the company does not even have a secure buy page to enter your credit card info this company as far as I am concerned the company is done before they get started unless they have really cracked the new protection which IMO is doubtful at best.

use a one time use virtual card number.

they are probably exploiting this like was done with sacd on players with a specific version of the mediatek chipset

cracking aacs 2.0 may never happen.

use a one time use virtual card number.

they are probably exploiting this like was done with sacd on players with a specific version of the mediatek chipset

cracking aacs 2.0 may never happen.

before you set up a virtual CC and load money on it, there have been reports here that customers are unable to pay for the license as the system would say payment failed regardless of whether the card is genuine. Can anyone here confirm they've successfully made payment?

Somewhat off topic but I’ll ask anyway: I obtained a 4K UHD rip (1:1 copy including HDR) of a well known feature film from 2016 in mkv format (roughly 75 GB file). If I copy this mkv to a USB thumb drive it will play perfectly including HDR on my Oppo 203. If I burn the same mkv file as a data file using IMGBurn to a Verbatim BD-R XL 100 GB disc (using Pioneer BDR-211UBK UHD burner) and try playing the disc in my Oppo 203 the Oppo reports “unknown disc” and refuses to play the file. Can anyone explain why the Oppo 203 is not playing the file?

Standalone 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray players are not suppose to be able to read BDXL discs since BDXL is a recordable format that is mainly used for computer data backup. Sure one can record lossy 4K video on BDXL discs but it is not a official format to distribute movies on. Discs max out at 128GB for uncompressed computer data where as 4K Ultra HD disc max out at 100GB for uncompressed computer data. There is no 128GB 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, but there is 128GB discs for computers

This is why you get unknown disc error, But you'll get that with any BDXL disc even the 100GB. That's why i hinted to you put a blank in the player and watch what it tells you. Even if you had the 75GB ISO and burned it to the 100GB disc it still wouldn't play in the Oppo but would play on the computer or thru the computer to the HDMI IN of the Oppo. Again the 203 handles 16TB external. That's enough for a few UHD BD folders for full original playback, If your willing to buy DeUHD.

Another thought to this madness...

If someone had 30 or more UHD BD discs and purchased DeUHD a person could make there investment back quick. If they had a fast enough net connection to distribute there content for a fee in ISO/Folder format. Because that MKV your using wasn't self made.

Don't believe everything you read over at AVS forum, The so called guru's are still saying Cinavia is detected through the USB port and i call BS, I proven it and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standalone 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray players are not suppose to be able to read BDXL discs since BDXL is a recordable format that is mainly used for computer data backup. Sure one can record lossy 4K video on BDXL discs but it is not a official format to distribute movies on. BDXL discs max out at 128GB for uncompressed computer data where as 4K Ultra HD disc max out at 100GB for uncompressed computer data. There is no 128GB 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, but there is 128GB discs for BDXL.

This is why you get unknown disc error, But you'll get that with any BDXL disc even the 100GB. That's why i hinted to you put a blank in the player and watch what it tells you. Even if you had the 75GB ISO and burned it to the 100GB disc it still wouldn't play in the Oppo but would play on the computer or thru the computer to the HDMI IN of the Oppo. Again the 203 handles 16TB external. That's enough for a few UHD BD folders for full original playback, If your willing to buy DeUHD.

Another thought to this madness...

If someone had 30 or more UHD BD discs and purchased DeUHD a person could make there investment back quick. If they had a fast enough net connection to distribute there content for a fee in ISO/Folder format. Because that MKV your using wasn't self made.

128GB discs are BDQL (Blu-Ray Quad Layer), not BDXL :)

Anyway, these discs can't be purchased anywhere in the world yet. I doubt they'll ever be produced for the consumer market.

Anyway, these discs can't be purchased anywhere in the world yet. I doubt they'll ever be produced for the consumer market.

Yes but the 203 won't play BDXL anything know matter what he puts on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Three Layer BDXL-R/BDXL RE discs offer 100GB capacity while quad layer BDXL-R discs boast 128GB storage capacity. You can now write up to 128GBs of data on a quad layer BDXLdisc which is the equivalent of 27 standard DVDs or 5 single layer Blu-ray discs.

That came from google

You've just made BDQL up. The discs are still under the BDXL umbrella, they're just either 100GB (TL) or 128GB (QL).

Nobody calls them BDTL and BDQL.

You've just made BDQL up. The discs are still under the BDXL umbrella, they're just either 100GB (TL) or 128GB (QL).

Nobody calls them BDTL and BDQL.

Ohh lol yeah it appears so hahahhaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Three Layer BDXL-R/BDXL RE discs offer 100GB capacity while quad layer BDXL-R discs boast 128GB storage capacity. You can now write up to 128GBs of data on a quad layer BDXLdisc which is the equivalent of 27 standard DVDs or 5 single layer Blu-ray discs.
I personally have stopped fiddling with optical discs many years ago. Movies belong on a network server with a handful KODI devices (Nvidia Shields) to watch them. ;)

I personally have stopped fiddling with optical discs many years ago. Movies belong on a network server with a handful KODI devices (Nvidia Shields) to watch them. ;)

I don't bother with ODD or media either, Only to rip

Even at 200 Euros for each license, they're soon going to run out of money having to buy each and every version of a given disc so their software will work for everyone.

Thanks for the reply rdgrimes (you too Badnews). Any idea why the Oppo won’t read BDXL? Seems weird that Oppo supports 4K UHD HDR mkv file playback via USB or HDMI in but won’t allow optical playback....
I know that Oppo looked at support for BDXL in the development phase of the players but nothing came of it. It doesn't take a conspiracy nut to suppose that the powers behind UHD player licensing might frown on this type support.
You should be able to drop the same file on a DL BDR/RE and play it. (if it fits) The Oppo will usually spin such a disc as fast as it needs to to get the required bit rate.

Even at 200 Euros for each license, they're soon going to run out of money having to buy each and every version of a given disc so their software will work for everyone.

I suppose, they're going to run out of money, because of that price.
Only a handful of people is going to invest that sum - especially considering the will-my-disc-be-supported-lottery.
(I know a guy with a 0 out of 15 ratio so far - nobody in his right mind would pay 200 dollars/euros or even rubel for that).

They can rent discs for a fraction of the cost of all they need to do is to get the keys before returning them for another one.

They can rent discs for a fraction of the cost of all they need to do is to get the keys before returning them for another one.
Go ahead and try renting a disc from the US when you're located in Russia ;)

Go ahead and try renting a disc from the US when you're located in Russia ;)

are you sure their entire team is located in Russia?? The company itself isn't even registered there is it? They have a Ltd company registered in Hong Kong. They could have other team members living in other countries?

They could have other team members living in other countries?
Sure, it's all possible.
My point is: they have to buy the discs in general. Can't be living everywhere...

Back at the Kremlin... DeUHD would make more money selling there ISO/Folders then there program. I wouldn't buy it for 29.99 at this point, But @ 4-5USD per title maybe.

I went ahead and bought DeUHD because curiosity was killing me. So far John Wick (US) and Transformers: The Last Knight (US) are not working for me despite being on the supported list.

Ripping Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 right now. Will report back my findings.

Back