• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

I believe DeUHD can extract the keys from a disc they have, If you have the same movie as them but different keys is why it doesn't work and is why i believe the protection isn't cracked because if it was it would do all of them.
This is what I believe, too.
Form my 15 UHD Blu-rays not a single one (!) is supported.

Here is another scenario i noticed, It says it can do John Wick 2. It does but not everyone's disc do to the keys are not the same but i also noticed movies that are not supported getting ripped and the reason for that is other titles MAY have the same keys that are in there database used for another movie but matches others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my LG UHD drive this evening. Testing DeUHD with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in trial mode for now. I'll report back results.

Edit: Looks like ~5 hours to rip on my Threadripper 1950x. It has one of the 32 threads maxed at 100%. Plenty of power left to do other things View attachment 39396

Edit: Trial ripped a little over 8 minutes of GotG v2 successfully. Off to try John Wick 2 now.

Edit: While ripping JW2, I converted the GotG v2 M2TS file to MKV and dropped it on my Plex server. Streamed in 4K HDR with Atmos sound flawlessly to my ShieldTV.

Edit: John Wick 2 worked without a hitch. Last test is Logan.

Edit: Logan was a success. Consider me impressed. Now to answer the difficult question, "Is it worth $230 to me?"

Hello, I seen your on another forum i'm on but i'm under a different screen name there. I would like to ask you a question. You did JW2 no problem that's great. The question i want to ask you is when you purchased this JW2 disc did it come with a regular Blu-ray disc also or was it just a UHD BD solo?. Meaning it was purchased as a single disc. I'm asking you this because your in the states.

Like the redfox developers said this is going to be a crappy way to offer support disc by disc for DEUHD. I live in Canada and you may live in the USA. There may be 5-6 different versions of the same movie out there. Times that by 40 movies for say. that's 200 different combinations that deuhd must support. Have fun....... Not a good way to bypass uhd protection. Seems like capture is the only proven and consistent method at this time. Don't ask me how to do it because I don't want to teach pirates how to bypass uhd protection for a 1 to 1 copy.

Of course. Without a more robust approach to handling all different discs then DeUHD only can go so far and is really a niche product for those willing to shell out 235 USD.

I believe DeUHD can extract the keys from a disc they have, If you have the same movie as them but different keys is why it doesn't work and is why i believe the protection isn't cracked because if it was it would do all of them.

Clearly they are extracting keys but I've always wondered where the hole was. The big question being is this something easily closed down the road with an update. Furthermore, if keys are being extracted if they could automate the process with it being on-demand then that would make it more viable. But, it only remains viable for as long as they can successfully extract the keys.

Hello, I seen your on another forum i'm on but i'm under a different screen name there. I would like to ask you a question. You did JW2 no problem that's great. The question i want to ask you is when you purchased this JW2 disc did it come with a regular Blu-ray disc also or was it just a UHD BD solo?. Meaning it was purchased as a single disc. I'm asking you this because your in the states.

My copy is the standard retail BluRay-UHD BluRay package of John Wick 2 purchased at Best Buy. I wasn't even aware there was a single disc version sold in the US.

Of course. Without a more robust approach to handling all different discs then DeUHD only can go so far and is really a niche product for those willing to shell out 235 USD.

Clearly they are extracting keys but I've always wondered where the hole was. The big question being is this something easily closed down the road with an update. Furthermore, if keys are being extracted if they could automate the process with it being on-demand then that would make it more viable. But, it only remains viable for as long as they can successfully extract the keys.

I know each title are not created equal as different keys are used on the same title, Because if ABC can do JW2 and XYZ can't there is a reason. That's my synopsis. Anything is possible the question is how many different sets of keys per title. Unknown

Your right how long are they going to be able to get the keys, No one knows that answer. But if they had a online database even to read your keys from your disc then that would be a major difference. But again for how long.

I use to get the keys to the satellite systems to watch for free, No more in years.

My copy is the standard retail BluRay-UHD BluRay package of John Wick 2 purchased at Best Buy. I wasn't even aware there was a single disc version sold in the US.

Neither was i, I'm asking you this because someone else here has JW2 and it won't work but your's does. I'm looking for the WHY reason for a answer.

I want to know why you can rip JW2 and DrinkLyeAndDie can not.

Neither was i, I'm asking you this because someone else here has JW2 and it won't work but your's does. I'm looking for the WHY reason for a answer.

I want to know why you can rip JW2 and DrinkLyeAndDie can not.

Is DrinkLyeAndDie in the US or using a US copy? It wouldn't be the first time that Lionsgate has created various versions for the same market (i.e. screenpass). That said, I am also using the LG WH16NS60 and that could possibly make some weird difference.

Is DrinkLyeAndDie in the US or using a US copy? It wouldn't be the first time that Lionsgate has created various versions for the same market (i.e. screenpass). That said, I am also using the LG WH16NS60 and that could possibly make some weird difference.

I believe so that's why the interest as to WHY. I think he's using the same drive as you also...He will chime in when he see's this...This WHY factor i want to know. Yes on various versions in the BD world not to sure in the UHD BD world.

I was trying to copy John Wick (the original) UHD which was sold as a combo BD/UHD disc set purchased from Amazon US so it's the US release which I would expect many many people own. I grabbed it when it was first released. Btw, serious question, but are the studios even wasting time implementing garbage like Screen Pass on UHD yet? I say this because until now UHD and AACS 2.0 has been untouchable so spending extra effort seems silly, wasteful, and time consuming. I would expect that the answer to my question is no.

Note: I am using a WH16NS60.

Note 2: I don't own John Wick 2 on UHD at this time. When I grabbed it on disc I went with the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook DVD/BD set.

Note 3: Given the immature nature of DeUHD, the limitations of it, and the questionable longevity of it working while I will work my way through the UHD discs that I do own I will not be going on a buying streak to purchase discs off the supported list because more than likely I'll wind up with discs that aren't supported even though they are on that list and I have better things to spend my money on. Especially when I'm only using the trial version of DeUHD.

Last edited:
I was trying to copy John Wick (the original) UHD which was sold as a combo BD/UHD disc set purchased from Amazon US so it's the US release which I would expect many many people own. I grabbed it when it was first released. Btw, serious question, but are the studios even wasting time implementing garbage like Screen Pass on UHD yet? I say this because until now UHD and AACS 2.0 has been untouchable so spending extra effort seems silly, wasteful, and time consuming. I would expect that the answer to my question is no.

Note 2: I don't own John Wick 2 on UHD at this time. When I grabbed it on disc I went with the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook DVD/BD set.

Note 3: Given the immature nature of DeUHD, the limitations of it, and the questionable longevity of it working while I will work my way through the UHD discs that I do own I will not be going on a buying streak to purchase discs off the supported list because more than likely I'll wind up with discs that aren't supported even though they are on that list and I have better things to spend my money on. Especially when I'm only using the trial version of UHD.

Best Buy is up the road 4 miles, For 14.99 or a little more i'll buy it just to see what happens. I'm curious. I think you can even return the movie.

Nope $29.99 Best Buy, Walmart 24.96

Note 3: Given the immature nature of DeUHD, the limitations of it, and the questionable longevity of it working while I will work my way through the UHD discs that I do own I will not be going on a buying streak to purchase discs off the supported list because more than likely I'll wind up with discs that aren't supported even though they are on that list and I have better things to spend my money on. Especially when I'm only using the trial version of UHD.

I guess I should have tried John Wick instead of its sequel. Unfortunately, I have burned up my trial usage so I can't test it. As for screenpass, I am highly doubtful it exists on UHD BD yet. As you pointed out this is the first real threat and not even a significant one at this point.

I do have 23 titles that are on the supported list, but as we are seeing that is certainly no guarantee. Granted, all three I tested did work.

I will continue to buy UHD discs as I have been and hope that RedFox figures a better AACS 2.0 circumvention solution. I am very tempted to buy DeUHD out of curiosity more than anything. My fear is dropping my CC with a company whose website does not give me any kind of warm and fuzzy feeling. I'll probably wait it out for a bit and see if they continue to provide updates and then make a decision.

Edit: Just for fun I dropped John Wick in the drive to see what DeUHD would do. It tried opening and then popped up with a message saying I had already used my three trials. Damn.

Best Buy is up the road 4 miles, For 14.99 or a little more i'll buy it just to see what happens. I'm curious. I think you can even return the movie.

Nope $29.99

Yes, the going price for John Wick 1 UHD is 14.99. For John Wick 2 it's 29.99.

I've returned a movie to Best Buy before and it wasn't overly hard at the time but I had to explain why and it mine was easy to prove. I bought a disc that had come loose inside the case and visibly damaged the disc. I showed them and even told them to try playing it in a player if they wanted to confirm it but they declined since it was so easily visible and basic logic was all that was needed. This happened a few times actually with both DVD and Blu-ray. They may be more strict these days. I've had similar happen with Amazon orders and in the case of Amazon they refunded my money no questions asked.

Last edited:
Ch3vr0n thank you I know that at the moment support is not my question would be thinking about when about roughly and whether or not the support will be added thank you for the assertion that it will :)

Ch3vr0n thank you I know that at the moment support is not my question would be thinking about when about roughly and whether or not the support will be added thank you for the assertion that it will :)

February.

No, in all seriousness, RedFox and previously Slysoft never gives estimates as to when a release will be. There is no time frame answer other than RedFox is definitely open to adding the support when they have a method to do so.

Note: February is, obviously, in reference to the long running joke when there are questions as to a release date.

Yes, the going price for John Wick 1 UHD is 14.99. For John Wick 2 it's 29.99.

I've returned a movie to Best Buy before and it wasn't overly hard at the time but I had to explain why and it mine was easy to prove. I bought a disc that had come loose inside the case and visibly damaged the disc. I showed them and even told them to try playing it in a player if they wanted to confirm it. This happened a few times actually with both DVD and Blu-ray. They may be more strict these days. I've had similar happen with Amazon orders and in the case of Amazon they refunded my money no questions asked.

I have the movie in BD already, So buying it in UHD to prove a point is worthless. If DeUHD could read your disc from your drive from there server to get the correct keys that would be major. If it worked like AnyDVD HD i'd pay 200+ lifetime. There is just to much that is not known and then again put out by a Joe Smoe. I deal with Russia on a regular and in all due respect it has it's problems and corruption and i can go on. If they can do it i'm sure others will pop up so i'll wait it out. I don't know why in there trial they couldn't let you do 3 full movies or better yet unlimited for 2-3 days. That alone ppl would buy it but i think i'll stick to my guns and wait it out because the Oppo's upscale is that good.

February.

No, in all seriousness, RedFox and previously Slysoft never gives estimates as to when a release will be. There is no time frame answer other than RedFox is definitely open to adding the support when they have a method to do so.

Note: February is, obviously, in reference to the long running joke when there are questions as to a release date.

February i'm in. Is that pay in advance and 20% off to?.;)

Back